It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“Cheat at your own peril”

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: TheRedneck

Gina Rodriquez is not in the country illegally. Her vote is not an illegal vote. It would be voter suppression to threaten her family with deportation, if she has undocumented relatives living with her, should she decide to vote. That was her concern, when she posed the question to Obama about if she voted. That is an example of a type of voter suppression in the Latino community.

legal US citizens cannot be deported. that is an important part of your discussion you seem to be making up as you go.

If you aren't a legal citizen of the US, you have no right to vote in a US election. If you are a legal citizen, then nobody can remove your right to vote, unless you break the law.

I'm not sure where the rest of the argument is.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I dont think they are the same, I never alluded to them being the same , I'm just saying one person telling you not to cheat who cheats regardless of its legality or its context is quite hypocritical .
Just like the government telling you not to take drugs, but they spent a good few decades and # load of tax payers money flying it into the US to sell to Americans!

cheating is cheating no matter what capacity its in !

someone is being cheated, other tax payers, your wife , your husband , the highschool exam board, yourself !

In the nation of "in god we trust" Cheating is a sin , so its pretty immoral

When you get married you sign legal papers , and cheating can lead to legal charges right!
to say its not illegal would be wrong.
It is currently illegal in 21 states across the US.

so since Trump cheats, all laws are fair game to break? Please clarify your thought process here.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I agree that Gina Rodriquez' question was awkward and seemed full of widely political hyperbole, but I believe when she said will "we" be deported, I think she meant her family, that young family members who may be citizens would go with them. She's an actress, not a politician, who is taking her role as Jane the Virgin, who has an undocumented mother in the show, too personally, in my opinion, and using it as a political platform.

My argument is that the video didn't prove voter fraud, but addressed voter suppression. My argument is that I believe voter suppression is a more widespread and more aggregious a crime than voter faud.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

There is no voter suppression. If someone is illegally harboring illegal aliens they are doing that to themselves.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

however you can now retort by saying my opinion means jack-sh!t anyway.

Consider it done!

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   

So you are for voter ID? I think voter fraud and voter suppression are equally bad. I'm not sure we disagree there. But you can't ignore one, and go full tilt on the other. They go together like peas and carrots Jenny.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Obama should have corrected her when she said illegals are citizens. He did not.

He did. He said "First of all, when you vote, you are a citizen, yourself..."

Watch his reply, starting 3:40, to see that they are talking about voter suppression, and not talking about getting undocumented immigrants to vote.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   

So you are for voter ID?

Sure. I don't mind voter ID, I think it's a no brainer.
BTW, I hate peas, but I do like split pea soup! Go figure!

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

There is no voter suppression. If someone is illegally harboring illegal aliens they are doing that to themselves.

Can you harbor your mother and father?

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   

My argument is that the video didn't prove voter fraud, but addressed voter suppression. My argument is that I believe voter suppression is a more widespread and more aggregious a crime than voter faud.

Should one be ignored because of the other though?

On Saturday, President Donald Trump warned that those who may be thinking of engaging in voter fraud should “cheat at your own peril.” “All levels of government and Law Enforcement are watching carefully for VOTER FRAUD, including during EARLY VOTING,” Trump wrote. “Cheat at your own peril. Violators will be subject to maximum penalties, both civil and criminal!”

That's what started this topic. I find nothing at all wrong in that statement, no matter the source. Voter fraud should always be punished to the full extent of the law. Any President should be all in on that.

Voting is the only tool we have. Anyone voting illegally is stealing the vote from legal voters. Does not matter how many are doing it, it should be punished. It should also be reason to deport someone who is here illegally. They are here without permission and then they spit in all our faces by then voting.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Obama should have corrected her when she said illegals are citizens. He did not.

He did. He said "First of all, when you vote, you are a citizen, yourself..."

Citizen was defined as Illegal aliens = citizen. He did not correct her. Maybe I am wrong, show me where he explicitly stated illegal aliens are not citizens to her.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Absolutely, if you are of voting age you are an adult.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Should one be ignored because of the other though?

No. Absolutely not. But, like in criminal court, it's better to let a guilty individual walk free and clear, than to lock up and/or execute an innocent individual, according to the law. Likewise, anything done in the name of preventing voter fraud that has the affect of causing voter suppression, should be scrapped and re-designed.

I find nothing at all wrong in that statement, no matter the source. Voter fraud should always be punished to the full extent of the law.

I agree, but my in-box is filled with links to articles saying it's Trump's most blatant attempt at voter suppression. I don't agree with that.

edit on 22-10-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   

My argument is that the video didn't prove voter fraud, but addressed voter suppression.

I agree with that. There is no proof; however, one can easily see an insinuation. The insinuation comes from the question.

IF she was referring to herself, why would she be worried about deportation? She's a citizen (as you have pointed out ad infinitum).

IF she was referring to illegal aliens, who could be subject to deportation, why was she speaking of them voting?

That is the quandary with her statement. She is either grossly misinformed or is advocating for illegals to vote. You claim she was grossly misinformed; I and others see the insinuation of voter fraud. What was actually in her mind, none of us know. I do know that preventing illegals from voting is not voter suppression.

What I also know is that should I see evidence of actual voter suppression, I will stand beside you and call it out. I wonder... if there is evidence of voter fraud, will you stand beside me the same?

Somehow I have to doubt it.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   

IF she was referring to herself, why would she be worried about deportation? She's a citizen (as you have pointed out ad infinitum).

Again, I agree the question was awkward and loaded with political hyperbole and paranoia. I reiterate what I said here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

if there is evidence of voter fraud, will you stand beside me the same?

Sure. Voter fraud makes me very sad and angry.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Then I fail to see what you are arguing with us about...

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I'm defending my opening statement. My argument is that voter suppression is worse than voter fraud, as bad as voter fraud is. You are, of course, welcome to disagree. And, even though you're free to do so, insults and snark are not what I come here for.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   

The simplest solution is obviously requiring ID. The Left is opposed to that for what should be obvious reasons.

It's just wrong to try and say that requiring an ID is voter suppression. This nonsense about some people not being able to get ID's is pure dishonesty. It's no secret why those against voter ID's are against them. It has nothing to do with worries they can't get an ID, that's just propaganda and for what reason if not to try and make it easier for people to commit voter fraud for partisan reasons.

Your in-box is filled with propaganda it seems to me. I get similar garbage from both sides, which is why I likely will never register as anything but an Independent.

Even though I did not support Trump or Hillary for that matter, I do agree with Trump on this. Good for him.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Two sides of the same coin. Both wrong. Maybe if you can articulate how voters are being suppressed?

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

My argument is that voter suppression is worse than voter fraud, as bad as voter fraud is.

Speaking as someone who has closely followed local politics here for many decades, I can say I have yet to see voter suppression. However, voter fraud has always been a given. It's a well-known fact that Alabama does not suppress anyone's right to vote, even if they're dead. The graveyard vote was highly prized here until the voter ID law passed.

So yes, I disagree.

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join