It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“Cheat at your own peril”

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: sapien82

When you get married you sign legal papers , and cheating can lead to legal charges right!
to say its not illegal would be wrong.
It is currently illegal in 21 states across the US.

Care to actually quote the statutes against adultery?

TheRedneck

I am not going to sift through state laws to find the legislation for you

but feel free to look for yourself
Im sure if you were that inclined it wouldnt take long to find the state laws which criminalise it !
but looks like its on the out since many states and legislators find it to be unconstitutional !

wikipedia Adultery - America
edit on 22-10-2018 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Oh, the irony. Republicans across the country are working hard on voter suppression, a form of fraud. Does this mean that Trump is going after those who are complicit in voter suppression?

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

I stand corrected. PEN § 255.17:

A person is guilty of adultery when he engages in sexual intercourse with another person at a time when he has a living spouse, or the other person has a living spouse.

Adultery is a class B misdemeanor.

Glad I don't live in New York!

The next time anyone tries to claim that conservatives care about sticking their nose into others' bedrooms, I'll know how to respond. Thank you.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

I am not going to sift through state laws to find the legislation for you

No matter. Kaylaluv already backed up the argument you couldn't. See above.

I still maintain there is a huge difference between cheating on a spouse and voter fraud. I also think liberals need to get their damn noses out of everyone else's bedrooms!

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

It's not about what I believe, she expressly stated Illegals and said she considers them citizens and asked if they should worry about voting.

Obama referred to citizens .. immediately proceeding Gina defining Illegals as citizens. He did not correct her definition.

If I say to you .. should ALL citizens, including illegals who I define as citizens vote, and you reply yes all citizens should vote, can that not be interpreted as illegals should vote?

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

It's an Unconstitutional law so it's not really a law. The Supreme Court already ruled adultery laws Unconstitutional.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Okay, you're talking about a question posed by actress, Gina Rodriquez, from Jane the Virgin. She's a legal citizen, born in Chicago. In the show, Jane the VIrgin, her mother is an illegal immigrant.

Many of the millennials, Dreamers, (who are) undocumented citizens — (and I call them citizens because they contribute to this country) — are fearful of voting. So if I vote, will immigration know where I live? Will they come for my family and deport us?

You can argue that she said illegals are afraid to vote, and therefore she was asking Obama to tell illegals to go ahead and vote, which would be super dumb. It's also not what Obama said in his answer.

I'm saying that she was talking about voter suppression, which makes Latinos afraid to vote because voting may put their family members at risk. Obama's answer was that, voter rolls and ICE do not coordinate, there's no need to be afraid, and your vote speaks for those in your family and community that don't have a voice and cannot vote.

So, you say she's asking Obama to tell illegals to vote, I say she asking Obama if there is a reason for the fear of voting in the Latino community, due to voter suppression.

edit on 22-10-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I personally think the idea of giving them the right to vote in local and state elections is equally bad. Wrong is wrong.

As far as this idea of changing the topic whenever it makes a person uncomfortable, because they know it's not really defensible, it seems to be a defense mechanism in these conversations. Both sides do it. What should happen in both parties is the honest folk should call out their own.

This clear voter fraud is easy to recognize and why it's even argued is pretty suspicious.

You are not entirely honest saying the Democrats don't want open borders, those of a progressive bent actually do want that and don't make a secret of it. They seem to be in charge of the party now. Allowing them to vote locally is quite honestly slowly introducing it and doing it because winning is more important than honesty or even the law. Giving it a wink and nod is the same as being for it.

Voter suppression is less clear. Just wanting people to show ID is not, nor has it ever been voter suppression, however gerrymandering is. Both parties do that. Trying to get dead people and ineligible voters off the roles is also not voter suppression, it's just getting rid of the cheaters and those committing fraud.

Both sides these days are less than honest with themselves or each other about this stuff. Honesty and integrity has left the building of late.

Here is an interesting case here in Alaska. Way to many people used two trailer houses as an address to register to vote Republican. The problem is that the person it benefited is a person who runs as a Republican, but votes with the Democrats in the state government. This person is a fraud, running as Republican to trick voters.
Link

This single trailer is listed as the home of at least 17 registered Republican voters, based on applications submitted to the state earlier this year. At another nearby trailer in the same mobile park, absentee ballots were requested in the name of 14 more Republicans...

...Among the absentee voters who gave the trailer park as their address is Charlie J. Chang, a man hired by LeDoux to recruit voters...

LeDoux's campaign bought Chang airline tickets to Alaska and paid him $1,750 in January for "translating and strategizing re: election participation in the Hmong community," according to campaign finance reports.

LeDoux bought Chang tickets again in July and paid him $10,000.

The problem here though is LeDoux is a Democrat and votes with the Democrats and it's all a sham.

The Republican Party is preparing to wage a write-in campaign against LeDoux in the general election...

...When a reporter visited the house where Chang is registered Wednesday, a young man said he was not home. Moments later a couple pulled up and walked into the trailer. A man who identified himself as Yong Vang Chang, 69, said Chang lives in California.

Ano ther article about the confidence person pretending to be a Republican and other doing the same in Alaska.

Republican leaders have targeted Seaton, Stutes and LeDoux for defeat after they joined a largely Democratic coalition to take control of the state House last year.

All of this going on and not a peep from the Democrats condemning this crap.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

The article is dated Oct. 18th of this year, so it's recent. Yes someone should do some time for that kind of stuff.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

I didn't change the topic. The OP introduced the video in their opening post, and therefore inadvertently introduced the topic of voter suppression, while trying to prove voter fraud. I just highlighted that issue in my first post.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   

No, it's not what I am saying. She said she considers illegals citizens and asked if there is any fear for them voting. It's what she said.

Obama hit on the real reason D love illegal immigration, they use it to get LEGAL Latino votes by supporting their illegal relatives. Then they help those illegals gain legal status and rinse and repeat.

But Obama had a chance here to explicitly say no illegal should vote and did not.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   

No, it's not what I am saying. She said she considers illegals citizens and asked if there is any fear for them voting. It's what she said.

True, she said she considers Dreamers to be undocumented citizens. So what? She's just an actress.

False, she didn't refer to "them" voting, she referred to herself, a legal American citizen, born in Chicogo…"If I vote", she said.

Obama specifically addressed her voter suppression concerns, and said that "she" had no need to fear, that ICE doesn't have access to voter rolls, and her vote speaks for those who cannot vote.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

I admire how you have kept the debate civil without calling anyone names, like “stoopid”.

I admired how it kept repeating the same thing over and over again all the while ignoring facts and reality, and expecting to be taken seriously - almost like an NPC bot with limited program parameters or someone who is clinically insane.

edit on 22/10/2018 by Sublimecraft because:

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I am a person, not an "it" or a bot. I stick to my line of logic, and won't be deterred. Besides, the OP didn't provide any proof of voter fraud, only Trump's expected warning against it. The OP did introduce a video that addressed voter suppression, falsly pretending it to be proof that Obama endorsed voter fraud.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

True, she said she considers Dreamers to be undocumented citizens. So what? She's just an actress.

False, she didn't refer to "them" voting, she referred to herself, a legal American citizen, born in Chicogo…"If I vote", she said.

Obama specifically addressed her voter suppression concerns, and said that "she" had no need to fear, that ICE doesn't have access to voter rolls, and her vote speaks for those who cannot vote.

Stop lying. She was not talking about her voting, she was speaking on behalf of the people she was talking about. She is not illegal so she is clearly not wondering whether SHE will be deported by voting.

Obama responded to thew fears of the people she named, including illegals, saying they should not worry because ICE (who is only interested in illegals) has no access to voter rolls.

Obama did not explicitly call for illegals to vote, he also did not explicitly tell them not to.

Per the discussion who is a citizen?

undocumented citizens — and I call them citizens because they contribute to this country — are fearful of voting.

Illegals are citizens, who are fearful of voting.

Per the discussion who should vote?

And the reason is, first of all, when you vote, you are a citizen yourself.

So per the discussion, illegals are citizens, and only citizens can vote. Logically, illegals can vote. Obama should have corrected her when she said illegals are citizens. He did not.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Stop calling me a liar, liar!

Many of the millennials, Dreamers, (who are) undocumented citizens — and I call them citizens because they contribute to this country — are fearful of voting. So if I vote, will immigration know where I live? Will they come for my family and deport us?

Your imagination and hatred for Obama is getting the best of you.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

I am a person, not an "it" or a bot. I stick to my line of logic, and won't be deterred. .............

You imagination and hatred for Trump has already gotten the best of you. Nothing you type will ever be taken seriously by me because you are far too hate-filled to be able to effectively discuss any topic with any degree of rationality. That's the consequential effect of your posting history for you, however you can now retort by saying my opinion means jack-sh!t anyway.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   

a reply to: Blaine91555

The topic here is not voter suppression though and I don't want to further derail this thread by talking about that.

Which is a hyperbolic topic. Plus the OP added to over the top caveat alleging that Democrats are pushing for, and wanting illegal, undocumented and documented non-citizen immigrants to vote. Although there are bad apples in both parties when it comes to voter fraud, the Democratic party does not condone, and condemns such behavior. This kind of behavior is bad for everyone, whether Democrat or Republican. The OP even used a long debunked video of Obama supposedly urging illegals to vote.

Of course Trump is going to claim Democrats want open borders, (they don't), and want illegals to vote, (they don't). Of course Trump is going to stir up his base with fear and anger over illegals voting, and blame the Democrats. Why would we expect anything less of Trump.

wait, the left doesn't want open borders? You know, someone should say that kind of loud. We could have some amazing things happen if there was bi-Parisian support for enforcing the border. Sure we want a wall, but any and all work that would strengthen the existing border would be super, and well received by the right. (I think you may be confused on that)

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Yay! Insults!

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Yes, that is the question the people refer to are asking, if I (the illegal per her) vote, will they know where I live?

The answer, no.

It's simple English. We can verify this because the I she refers to is worried about their family getting deported. Are you saying the actress was worried about that?

Per the discussion, illegals are citizens, and only citizens can vote. Logically, illegals can vote. Obama should have corrected her when she said illegals are citizens. He did not.

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join