It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“Cheat at your own peril”

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Sure am tired of getting unsolicited Beato texts. Every damn day over and over(Android work phone, not iPhone for some reason). Glad someone is suing the Irish crap out of him. $500 per text if he wins the case. They are very spammy, addressing you as a random name, male or female. I also love how his commercials say “let us not see each other as Republicans and Democrats, but as Texans”..but on his signs it says “VOTE STRAIGHT DEMOCRATIC”. What a POS. You barely even see a Cruz sign anywhere, but he’s leading. A sign isn’t going to change anyone’s mind, you just risk vandalism from cowardly liberals.

www.google.com...

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

CLAIM
President Obama encouraged "illegal aliens" to vote and said there would be no consequences if they do.
RATING
X False

RODRIGUEZ: Many of the millennials, Dreamers, undocumented citizens — and I call them citizens because they contribute to this country — are fearful of voting. So if I vote, will immigration know where I live? Will they come for my family and deport us?

Gina Rodriquez is an American citizen, born in Chicago. Her vote is not illegal. She's talking about the voter suppression tactic of Latinos being intimidated out of voting, because the fear people may follow them home from the polls and expose undocumented relatives that may be living with them, like their mother or father, and have them deported. This is an example of voter suppression.

RODRIGUEZ: This has been a huge fear presented especially during this election.

OBAMA: And the reason that fear is promoted is because they don’t want people voting. People are discouraged from voting and part of what is important for Latino citizens is to make your voice heard, because you’re not just speaking for yourself. You’re speaking for family members, friends, classmates of yours in school…

RODRIGUEZ: Your entire community.

OBAMA: … who may not have a voice. Who can’t legally vote. But they’re counting on you to make sure that you have the courage to make your voice heard.
www.snopes.com...

Skip to 3:20

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Although there are bad apples in both parties when it comes to voter fraud, the Democratic party does not condone, and condemns such behavior.

I don't think anyone is claiming that the Democratic party, if defined as the group of voting Democrats, is encouraging voter fraud. However, if defined as the leadership of the party, I can't say the same thing. Someone sent out those pre-marked ballots in Texas, and considering the targeted audience, it damn sure wasn't from the Republicans. You mention Obama's statement, which has not been debunked. And then there's this from Abrams herself:

The thing of it is, is that blue waves aren’t blue. . . . The blue wave is African-American. It’s white, it’s Latino, it’s Asian, Pacific Islander. It is disabled. It is differently abled. It is LGBTQ. It is law enforcement. It is veterans. It is made up of those who have been told they are not worthy of being here. It is comprised of those who are documented and undocumented. It is comprised of those who have been told they’re successful and those who have been left behind.

And here she is saying it live:

Now what is the "blue wave" if not an overwhelming vote for the Democratic party? How can anyone hear that and not think she is calling for illegal immigrants to vote?

No, this is exactly what it looks like: it is someone in a position of power in the Democratic party expressing a desire to have voting fraud because she thinks it will benefit her. If you want to ensure that people are not saying all Democrats are in favor of voter fraud (which no one is, of course), you need to purge those who are from your leadership.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   

She's talking about the voter suppression tactic of Latinos being intimidated out of voting, because the fear people may follow them home from the polls and expose undocumented relatives that may be living with them, like their mother or father, and have them deported.

Being in the country without permission is illegal. Are you trying to say that enforcing laws is now voter suppression? It certainly sounds like it.

Should moonshiners be afraid to vote because someone might follow them home from the polls and find their still? Should Latinos be afraid to buy groceries because someone might follow them home and find their illegal relatives?

Grocery store suppression!

Sheesh!

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Gina Rodriquez is not in the country illegally. Her vote is not an illegal vote. It would be voter suppression to threaten her family with deportation, if she has undocumented relatives living with her, should she decide to vote. That was her concern, when she posed the question to Obama about if she voted. That is an example of a type of voter suppression in the Latino community.

edit on 21-10-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   

OK, so you are saying that enforcing laws is voter suppression, then. Good to know. I do not agree.

Does that apply to other crimes? if I rob a house and have stolen merchandise at home, am I a victim of voter suppression? Someone could follow me home from the polls and find it.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Please stop putting words in my mouth. I wouldn't do that to you.
No. That's not what I said at all. Explaining words to you is too tedious. You're willingly being obtuse and dull.

ETA: There is not law that requires pollsters to follow Latinos citizens home to see if there are any undocumeted immigrants living with them.

edit on 21-10-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 11:09 PM
link   

I'm trying to understand your position. Are you having that much trouble defending it?

I understand and agree that Gina Rodriquez is a citizen and has every right to vote. No argument. What I do not understand is how she can be immune from the law? If she has relatives who are in the country illegally, those relatives at least are breaking the law... and while I can't say for sure, she may be as well by harboring them. But somehow you have twisted that into her being denied the right to vote because she is breaking the law and someone might find out?

I am applying your logic to other situations... and in the process, I have showed just how illogical it is.

There is not law that requires pollsters to follow Latinos citizens home to see if there are any undocumeted immigrants living with them.

Of course there isn't! Neither should there be... where are you getting this from?

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Unruhestifter

well that would be true , donald cheated and he is president !
he cheated on his three wives right !

Or rumour has it , great more hyporcrisy from the man in the white house

Dont cheat because you will pay !

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Trying to figure out what your rant has to do with voting.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   

She clearly says ...

undocumented citizens — and I call them citizens because they contribute to this country — are fearful of voting.

So yes, they SHOULD be fearful of voting right? It's breaking the law.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   

False. Part of her question was should illegals be fearful of voting and called them citizens. Gina explicitly stated should illegals be worried about voting.

Obama did not explicitly state illegals should vote, but answered no to that question. He made no clarification to Gina that illegals should not vote.

Now let's take your stance anyways. They SHOULD be deported if they are here illegally. If you can not get legal status, you need to go.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 07:23 AM
link   

because the person telling you to not cheat and vote properly is rumoured to have cheated
whether that's voting or in your personal life i.e. your marriage

cheating is cheating right ?

Hardly a rant , considering it was less than a paragraph and a short mention of trump telling you not to cheat

but im cool with you being cool with your cheating president , just remember not to vote fraud , thats cheating !
dont be like your president , dont cheat

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   

No one cares about Trump's sex life except those who were defending Bill Clinton's improprieties. We're talking about voter fraud. Adultery is not illegal; voter fraud is.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   

No, cheating at monopoly is not the same as cheating with voter fraud. The fact you think they are the same is ludicrous.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   

I dont think they are the same, I never alluded to them being the same , I'm just saying one person telling you not to cheat who cheats regardless of its legality or its context is quite hypocritical .
Just like the government telling you not to take drugs, but they spent a good few decades and # load of tax payers money flying it into the US to sell to Americans!

cheating is cheating no matter what capacity its in !

someone is being cheated, other tax payers, your wife , your husband , the highschool exam board, yourself !

In the nation of "in god we trust" Cheating is a sin , so its pretty immoral

When you get married you sign legal papers , and cheating can lead to legal charges right!
to say its not illegal would be wrong.
It is currently illegal in 21 states across the US.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   

When you get married you sign legal papers , and cheating can lead to legal charges right!
to say its not illegal would be wrong.
It is currently illegal in 21 states across the US.

Care to actually quote the statutes against adultery?

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   

You can believe that Gina Rodriquez presented Obama with a veiled question, meant to encourage illegal voting, if you want to. But there is no doubt that she was also using the well known Latino fear of voting for the repercussion it may present to their undocumented family members at home, in her question. At any rate, Obama's answer referred to citizens, who have a voice, voting legally, on behalf of those who don't have a voice.

edit on 22-10-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join