It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“Cheat at your own peril”

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Beto O'Rourke has sent out absentee voting requests to people in Tennessee. Last I checked, Tennessee is not a part of Texas.

Probably just a computer error on their campaign mailing list computer, I am sure. No way would Beto try anything illegal to try to beat Ted Cruz.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
Beto O'Rourke has sent out absentee voting requests to people in Tennessee. Last I checked, Tennessee is not a part of Texas.

Probably just a computer error on their campaign mailing list computer, I am sure. No way would Beto try anything illegal to try to beat Ted Cruz.

Not counting being sued multiple times for the alleged illegal texts.
No , his campaign manager said that their campaign was on the level
What level?

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Some folks take affront when the State voter laws are being enforced and those folk are losing the election

Too bad Kemp is enforcing them uniformly in Georgia.

In Georgia, where roughly 31 percent of residents are African American, nearly 72 percent of registered voters placed on the “pending registration” list were African American. Just under 10 percent of the people on the list were white.
bettergeorgia.org...

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

That's why they're called "absentee" ballots.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: network dude

is that the voter ID thing?

No it's not. It's a voter purge, done without notifying the registered voters that they have been purged. Check the links, the facts, before speculating, please.

Good advice.

Mr. Kemp resisted calls to resign from his post as secretary of state during his gubernatorial run. He has also repeatedly leveled the charge that Ms. Abrams wants noncitizens’ votes to count, based on a recent campaign speech where Ms. Abrams said “the blue wave” should be “comprised of those who are documented and undocumented.” Ms. Abrams has denied she meant that noncitizens should have their votes counted; she said she was referring to who Democrats are pledging to protect, if elected. “I don’t know what’s worse: Actively working to undermine the rule of law by letting illegal immigrants vote or lying to hardworking Georgians about it,” Mr. Kemp tweeted Wednesday. “Either way, Stacey Abrams is too extreme for Georgia.”

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Trump: Don't cheat in elections.

Democrats: Hold my beer.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   

/
/
/

Perfectly level.

edit on 21-10-2018 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

all persons on that list can still vote on Election Day, if they have the proper identification.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Too bad Kemp is enforcing them uniformly in Georgia.

Why is that a bad thing ?
They have been followed every year for a long time

Here is the true story . Not from one of those Georgia "rags" that no one pays attention to
Hades , we used to buy the AJC just to line the outhouse seats
There are 53,000 pending voters in Georgia. They can still vote.

You cant say I did not warn you....
If I were you , I would "save as much face" as I could and gracefully back out.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

That's a lot of hoops voters have to jump through. Find out if they're on the list, even if they've already sent in their mail-in ballots, and show up in person, after waiting in line for how many hours(?), to show ID, just in case, and then be accused of voting twice!?

This is the very definition of voter suppression!

Any voter whose records betrayed such a discrepancy would not be unregistered but would have to take subjective steps to convince poll workers of his or her identity, thereby risking not having his or her vote counted.
…………
“What about those low-propensity voters in those tiny communities who are finally stepping up and saying, ‘This is my turn to cast my ballot,’ only to find out that they are disenfranchised?” Abrams said.
“They don’t know that they can go to the polls. They get a confusing letter saying there is something wrong with their registration, and more than likely they will sit out this election.
“The miasma of fear that is created through voter suppression is as much about terrifying people about trying to vote as it is about blocking their ability to do so.”

As minority leader in the Georgia house of representatives, Abrams led a lawsuit against Kemp in 2016 challenging the exact match voting regulation, which was not state law at the time. A federal judge ruled Kemp improperly cancelled 33,000 voter registrations.
………..
“He was forced to restore 33,000 illegally canceled registrations. And he turned around and got the state legislature to pass a law to allow him to make the same mistake again.

www.theguardian.com...

Georgia GOP Rig The Vote Effort Spreads To New Attack On Mail-In Ballots www.politicususa.com...

edit on 21-10-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Voter purges are done to clean the rolls of voters who, for one reason or another, are no longer eligible to vote. Some due to changing locations (aka moving out of state), some due to felony convictions, some due to being dead. It is triggered by a lack of voting... in other words, someone who has not voted in a while is assumed to no longer be able to legally vote. It's difficult to notify people who have not voted in a while, because you don't always have a mailing address. Cemeteries around here don't get regular mail delivery.

If the purge is incorrect and a voter shows up with proper ID, they can be reinstated immediately, subject to state audit, based on the presentation of proper ID.

I know it's inconvenient (and I assume racist in your opinion) for people from out of state or people who are dead to be denied the right to vote, because of some silly fact-deprived ideal that only exists in unicorn-land, but that's the way it is. If you want to vote and are legal to vote, you can vote. If you aren't legal to vote, you can't.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Oh my,

What are people doing in response to all of this? A federal lawsuit lodged by a collective of civil rights groups, including the NAACP of Georgia, asks a judge to disregard the state’s “exact match” statute. The lawsuit alleges the state’s law disproportionately afflicts voter of color.

SO now they want to circumvent a law that was enacted in 2017, and they think that "sloppy paperwork" is inherent in the black community. Again, this is flat out racist. If I was a black guy, I'd be pissed off that I was being used and portrayed as stupid, just to advance the democrat agenda. I think I even read in a book somewhere that your skin color had nothing at all to do with your intelligence. If you folks on the left need me to find a link to that, you just let me know, k?

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   

That's a lot of hoops voters have to jump through.

Yeah, voting here one state over is such a time consuming pain in the patootie! I mean, I have to put on clothes, get in the car, drive 5 minutes to the polls, get out of the car, go inside the place, show my drivers license, accept the ballot, sit down and mark it, and then I have to feed it into a machine!

Then I have to drive back home, after totally wasting 15 minutes of my day. This has to stop!

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

That's too bad. I mailed my ballot in. Georgia GOP Rig The Vote Effort Spreads To New Attack On Mail-In Ballots www.politicususa.com...

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   

a reply to: Aallanon

Rape is illegal. So is voter suppression.

No. rape is illegal, so is voting when you are not a citizen.
Florida canditate, Gillum's brother has just been caught cheating too by voting in Florida, whilst being resident in Chicago.
Democrats cheat, it's as simple as that and all the effort to avoid voter ID and any investigation is because they organise cheating on a massive scale. Crying voter suppression and racism is a cover because Democrats need to cheat in order to compete.
edit on 21/10/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   

SO now they want to circumvent a law that was enacted in 2017

As minority leader in the Georgia house of representatives, Abrams led a lawsuit against Kemp in 2016 challenging the exact match voting regulation, which was not state law at the time. A federal judge ruled Kemp improperly cancelled 33,000 voter registrations.
………..
“He was forced to restore 33,000 illegally canceled registrations. And he turned around and got the state legislature to pass a law to allow him to make the same mistake again.

and they think that "sloppy paperwork" is inherent in the black community. Again, this is flat out racist.

I agree.

Kemp’s office has rejected concerns about disenfranchisement from the exact match law. Kemp has accused a 2013 voter registration project led by Abrams of sloppiness in registering voters and a failure to “adequately train canvassers to ensure legible, complete forms”.

Those sloppy blacks can't get anything right! /sarcasm

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Voter fraud and voter suppression are two different things. Quit trying to conflate the two!

In my opinion, voter suppression is a greater crime than voter fraud. Just like it's worse to incarcerate or execute an innocent person than to let a guilty one go free, in the eyes of the law.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   

LOL, you really don't grasp what that was all about do you?

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Yeah I do. It was, and still is, about voter suppression.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   

a reply to: UKTruth

Voter fraud and voter suppression are two different things. Quit trying to conflate the two!

In my opinion, voter suppression is a greater crime than voter fraud. Just like it's worse to incarcerate or execute an innocent person than to let a guilty one go free, in the eyes of the law.

No, they are actually the same issue.
Voter fraud happens on a massive scale - organised by Democrats.
Voter suppression is a made up issue, by Democrats, to allow them to get away with voter fraud.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join