It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mainstream Media Lies Again - Migrant Caravans Are Not Composed of People Fearing For their Lives.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 01:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake
a reply to: MteWamp

Just asking in general, no reason to talk down to someone. Some may construe the comment that was made by the member as incorrect. In other words "sarcasm", "context" ,"irony", and more don't often translate well in text.

I'm aware. I apologize. Trust me, it hit's ME more than most.

Sometimes I forget that everyone else is not exactly privy to my brain's constant monologue.

It makes jokes, um, awkward, on occasion.

I've read authors that could spin gold-threaded tapestries, and make whole worlds appear before your mind's eye.

Unfortunately, I was not fortunate enough to be born with that particular gene.

Darwin's a b*tch, no?

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Lucky for Trump there is an "alternative" media market that is just as popular as the mainstream one. Even more lucky, they get down on their knees for him and never criticize him.

The alternative media is a mirror image of the mainstream media, giving the opposite bias with no exceptions.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 01:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: MteWamp
It's the principle of the thing.

"Blah blah division, blah blah hate, blah blah feces."

"The world id f*cked, nobody get's it....."

It becomes repetitive.

Don't confuse your world and my world they are 2 very different places.

Then you have my sympathies, my friend.

The world I live in is wondrous. Full of treasure beyond understanding.

It's a glorious time to be alive!

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse
You touched on something very important, RickyMouse:

Taxpayer-funded Medicaid benefits being granted to illegal immigrants despite requirements disqualifying them from receiving them cost taxpayers an estimated $18.5 billion a year, according to recent studies.

According to the latest Rasmussen Reports national survey, 72 percent of likely U.S. voters say that the issue of illegal immigration is important to their vote in the midterm elections this fall, with 42 percent saying it is “very important.”
More at: www.chieftain.com... 1b72ce015c69.html

It was reported this past week by DHS that in September alone, 1,512 people hurt themselves climbing over the fences separating the US and Mexico. Torn skin, broken bones, even a mom/child required hospitalization. The average medical cost to repair the injuries, was $4,500 per lawbreaker!

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 01:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
With every lie they tell the further they push you guys into radicalism. CNN is paid to trigger conservatives and damn are they good at what they do. They're the biggest trolls on the planet and you guys eat it up every single day.

Dude.

Does one single positive thought EVER cross your mind?

Jesus.

I only ask because I love.

He's just pointing out that people are being radicalized by the media, what's negative about that ?

If my memory is correct these symbolic caravans happen every so often and the people always get turn away at the border if they even make it that far.

If these caravans are so common, why is this particular Honduras-originated caravan competing with the Saudi Journalist murder, as the #1 story over the past week? Saudis killing one of their citizens, in their own embassy, is more rare, is it not?

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Did it ever occur to you the publicity may be having an effect on their decisions? They have international news following them i think that has alot to do with their decision.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Gets what, MteWamp?

That's where context becomes an issue.

I was referring to "3NL1GHT3N3D1" always posting basically the same post, over and over.

"Division, blah, blah"
"Everybody hates...blah, blah"
It's not as if he's actually wrong, because he's not, but sometimes it starts to feel like psychological waterboarding.

Over and over.

And over.

And over.

And over.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 01:55 AM
link   

With every lie they tell the further they push you guys into radicalism. CNN is paid to trigger conservatives and damn are they good at what they do. They're the biggest trolls on the planet and you guys eat it up every single day.

Dude.

Jesus.

He's just pointing out that people are being radicalized by the media, what's negative about that ?

If my memory is correct these symbolic caravans happen every so often and the people always get turn away at the border if they even make it that far.

If these caravans are so common, why is this particular Honduras-originated caravan competing with the Saudi Journalist murder, as the #1 story over the past week? Saudis killing one of their citizens, in their own embassy, is more rare, is it not?

Gotta get you right wingers all patriotically riled up, that’s why.

Mid terms are coming.

MAGA!

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: MteWamp

No prob happens to me a lot. I see confusion causing a lot of bickering. When, of course, there's another path without it that ends of being more constructive to the debate. Just an observation. I'm still working on debate myself.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 02:48 AM
link   

It becomes repetitive.

Really OK then we'll that's certainly a stark contrast to your last remark isn't it, what happened to the world is #ed...

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 06:20 AM
link   
It would really suck if these Caravans started getting sick a lot you know with all of the dirt and filth connected to such travel with so many people and no logistical supports....I mean dysentery and flu and all kinds of stuff....maybe someone should stop them on Humanitarian grounds....like some dudes in Blue Helmets.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Dude.

Jesus.

Gotta get you right wingers all patriotically riled up, that’s why.

Mid terms are coming.

MAGA!

Um......it's called an "election". Perhaps you should look into it.

ETA: and if you look super, super close, you may see the left wingers doing the same thing to their side. Stick around Chad and you can learn all sorts of cool things you apparently had ZERO clue about.
edit on 21-10-2018 by network dude because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   

It becomes repetitive.

Really OK then we'll that's certainly a stark contrast to your last remark isn't it, what happened to the world is #ed...

See my post above. I was referring to someone else, not myself.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Did it ever occur to you the publicity may be having an effect on their decisions? They have international news following them i think that has alot to do with their decision.

Perhaps that is an influence. But it seems, according to this interview, that JOBS are the primary attractor.

Not Asylum. Jobs: www.breitbart.com...

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Lucky for Trump there is an "alternative" media market that is just as popular as the mainstream one. Even more lucky, they get down on their knees for him and never criticize him.

The alternative media is a mirror image of the mainstream media, giving the opposite bias with no exceptions.

Its kinda funny/ironic that it was President Trump that brought the Whole “Fake News” to forefront of public consciousness.

And yet conspiracy theorists have been stating for years, that it's the mainstream media that lies, distorts facts and is controlled by tptb.

- JC

edit on 21-10-2018 by Joecroft because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Dude.

Jesus.

Strange too ....

Cities and Border crossing

In 2014, Mexico's border with Guatemala and Belize had 11 formal crossings (10 with Guatemala and 1 with Belize) and more than 370 informal crossings.[9] As part of an effort known as Plan Frontera Sur (Southern Border Plan), which is intended to limit illegal Central American entry into the country, Mexico will increase the number of formal crossings.[9]

Guatemala and Mexico had 10 formal border crossings in 2004:

Ciudad Hidalgo, Chiapas - Ciudad Tecún Umán, San Marcos
Talismán, Chiapas|Talismán, Chiapas - El Carmen, San Marcos|El Carmen, San Marcos
Union Juárez, Chiapas - Toquían Grande, San Marcos
Mazapa de Madero, Chiapas - Sibinal, San Marcos
Ciudad Cuahtemoc, Chiapas - La Mesilla, Huehuetenango
Carmen Xhán, Chiapas - Gracias a Dios, Huehuetenango
Nuevo Orizaba, Chiapas - Ingenieros, El Quiché
Frontera Corozal, Chiapas - Bethel, El Petén
El Ceibo, Tabasco - El Ceibo, El Petén
El Martillo, Tabasco - El Naranjo, El Petén

😎

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Well, there also is deep poverty, crime, kidnappings, etc. I've spent time in Guatemala and Honduras. It's not at all surprising that several thousand want to get out of there.

However, that doesn't mean that they aren't being encouraged and helped by political forces.

originally posted by: xuenchen
Something is strange about the "people".

Nicaragua, El Salvador, and Guatemala have a total population of 33 million.

What's with these "few thousand" fleeing ??

Jails over-populated?

🥁🥁

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

What exactly makes it "not surprising" ?

Why isn't the entire 60% Honduran poverty stricken fleeing ?

That's around 6 million.

😃

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Dude.

Jesus.

Because it fits into the conservative media storm of "open borders" and "illegals taking our jobs", while distracting from a scandal which could cost right supporting corporations $$$ if they lose defense and oil sales.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Mexico is filled with drug-related violence and doesn't have a lot of opportunity.

Whereas the U.S. has opportunity and is much safer. Also, it's probably a safer bet to go in a group (caravan) than go small families, hoping that the coyotes aren't human traffickers.

Do you guys really think democrats are convincing them to come the U.S. to smite trump?!

These are people that just want to live in a country that's safe and prosperous. Think the majority of the caravan has another agenda? Then prove it!!

Otherwise, your links to FOX news and statements just make you seem like an MSM sheep.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join