It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Kansas AG Seeks Late-Term Abortion Records "To look For Crimes"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid

Originally posted by soficrow

No. I don't make that assumption. I am aware that unwanted children create many and diverse burdens upon society.

My first question stands, "What do you propose to do do about the already hungry, poor, uninsured and homeless before you add more unwanted children to their numbers?"

My second question: "Given that abortion clients come from so many different backgrounds and have such different motives, rationales and constraints, how can you presume to create a "one-size-fits-all" judgment?"

If 97% of all abortions are for reason other than saving the woman life then reduce abortions by 97%. Sounds fair to me!

Lets do some math. Of the 40,000,000 dead. Lets take the number up to 20 years ago, say 15 million. Lets add 15 million to the tax base. The average income in the US is $42,000 per year. Tax equals approx 30% thats $12,600 per person of the 15 million. Thats about $378 billion in extra revenue over 20 years. You can feed a lot of hungry people on that.

These are very "ruff" numbers but you get the idea.

40 million less people paying into social security.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid

No. I don't make that assumption. I am aware that unwanted children create many and diverse burdens upon society.

My first question stands, "What do you propose to do do about the already hungry, poor, uninsured and homeless before you add more unwanted children to their numbers?"

My second question: "Given that abortion clients come from so many different backgrounds and have such different motives, rationales and constraints, how can you presume to create a "one-size-fits-all" judgment?"

If 97% of all abortions are for reason other than saving the woman life then reduce abortions by 97%. Sounds fair to me!

Lets do some math. Of the 40,000,000 dead. Lets take the number up to 20 years ago, say 15 million. Lets add 15 million to the tax base. The average income in the US is $42,000 per year. Tax equals approx 30% thats $12,600 per person of the 15 million. Thats about $378 billion in extra revenue over 20 years. You can feed a lot of hungry people on that.

These are very "ruff" numbers but you get the idea.

Your numbers do not - and cannot - accommodate the numbers of undiagnosed women in whom pregnancy triggers hormone related diseases. Which I have shown elsewhere are likely substantial.

You have yet to answer my questions - except to suggest that adding legions to the out-of-work and unemployed in America might add to the tax base by sacrificing womens' civil liberties.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Your numbers do not - and cannot - accommodate the numbers of undiagnosed women in whom pregnancy triggers hormone related diseases. Which I have shown elsewhere are likely substantial.

You have yet to answer my questions - except to suggest that adding legions to the out-of-work and unemployed in America might add to the tax base by sacrificing womens' civil liberties.

Bring forth the numbers. and Links... enlighten everyone.

[edit on 25-2-2005 by Kinja]

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Speculation there Sofi. Data please.

And you are right 5% of the 40,000,000 "might" be unemployed. I took that into account when I reduced it to 15 million. I didn't even count the billions in corporate taxes these 15 million would have generated by working.

So are a womans "civil" liberties worth 40,000,000 dead babies? Just how are such "liberties" sacrificed? What liberties?

Please specify.............

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kinja

See posts 1 and 2:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kinja

See posts 1 and 2:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Great theory there babe.........lets write a "grant" request and do the study.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Here is a reality and facts of life under Bush administration.

Funny now that we have so many “fundamentalist” keep screaming “murder” and “baby killers” instead of denying ignorance as why abortion rates are in the rises since Bush the savior is in power.

Instead of getting funding and help for young poor women all they get are budget cuts in health care and a booklet on how to stop sinful life to promoted abstinence.

I find funny that is easier to scream and demonstrate ignorance than educate yourself on what is going on in our country.

It’s easier to take women rights away, “that is the fundamentalist agenda all alone, male as the supreme ruler under God” than demand funding and help for women’s needs.

Just like any other “fundamentalist” is easier to blame women for “women problems” Reagan was good at calling women problems “a woman issue”

Why abortion rates is up since Bush is in power?

Bush has done a good job trying to hide the fact that abortion is in the rise since his presidency.

Abortion was decreasing. When President Bush took office, the nation's abortion rates were at a 24-year low, after a 17.4 percent decline during the 1990s. This was a steady decrease averaging 1.7 percent per year. (The data come from Minnesota Citizens Concerned for Life using the Guttmacher Institute's studies.)

We found four states that have posted three-year statistics: Kentucky's increased by 3.2 percent from 2000 to 2003. Michigan's increased by 11.3 percent from 2000 to 2003. Pennsylvania's increased by 1.9 percent from 1999 to 2002. Colorado's rates skyrocketed 111 percent. We found 12 additional states that reported statistics for 2001 and 2002. Eight states saw an increase in abortion rates (14.6 percent average increase), and four saw a decrease (4.3 percent average).

Why women get abortions, we beside the Idea that “fundamentalists” are trying to portray women as sinners and “baby killers” the truth is that only a small percentage is for “pure and sinful reason of just killing a fetus”

Under Bush, the decade-long trend of declining abortion rates appears to have reversed. Given the trends of the 1990s, 52,000 more abortions occurred in the United States in 2002 than would have been expected before this change of direction.

Two thirds of women report that they have abortions due to the inability of taking care of it and most of then are not married.

Now “fundamentalist” will claim that women are living a sinful life and that is why they are killing fetuses.

Actually the budget cuts on programs and help has a lot to do with it.
Fundamentalist are targeting women. Men are excluded from the sinful life.

Economic policy and abortion are not separate issues; they form one moral imperative. Rhetoric is hollow, mere tinkling brass, without health care, insurance, jobs, child care and a living wage. Pro-life in deed, not merely in word, means we need a president who will do something about jobs, health insurance and support for mothers

Now denied ignorance and stop spreading hate in the name of fundamentalist views and be man and women enough to see what is going on in our nation

Dr. Horacid you may be a man with education but you are in an agenda, you should know the truth behind the rise of abortion in our country since Bush became a president, is all about, politics and economics you don’t have to be an expert to see that.

www.gainesvilletimes.com...

www.chron.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Ahhh,
dr Horacid... i see that you are standing up for the rights of your hoo haa...
seriously... if you don't have a vagina... you don't belong in this conversation... AND NEITHER DO I

But i do feel compelled to add info to the pile...

LOTs of ignorant people think they have the rights to judge others... not unless they can walk a mile... yada yada...

the reason i say this, is the very true principle and the american creed, of:
" it is better to set free a thousand criminals than imprison one innocent..."
or however it goes... the gist is the same...

Where a grey area in law exists... (and according to the most supreme court in the land it does) they are better off protecting the situationally justified abortion and allowing the women to make the choice of whether it is right or not...
they are the closest to the situation, and they should take the responsibility of the situation... (and/or their doctor)

no one here will say that some women don't abuse the right... and it is sad that it is a routine method of birth control for many uncaring and irresponsible women and girls, but that is between them and their GOD... and god can judge... we cannot... on this one issue especially...

there are too many valid reasons for abortions to reverse the decision... as has been stated so many times...
do you not think that roe vs wade is the most controversial decision in our history? (all the challenges have failed)
people far wiser than you and i have decided that there is a neccessity for this right...
and since i have no vagina, i will leave it at that...

now as to this witchhunt... when did you first have sex doc? did you use birthcontrol, what type? ... how many times a week did you have sex? was it with consenting adults or with a consenting minor? how many times a week do you masturbate? how often do you have sex now? have you ever had homosexual sex? how often?
these are just a few of the questions that these poor girls that have had abortions will be asked, which have nothing to do with the abortion, or rape...

now when you answer, be sure to include you real name, and address and the rest of your medical history please... because that is what this issue is about... putting medical records in the hands of people who are no more qualified to look at them than the members of this board...

sodomy is illegal also... but how many AG's are going after medical records and dental records? (easy to prove)
this is a witch hunt from an AG who is abusing his power and requesting info that he has no legitimate right to...

if he truly wants to investigate the rapes as he pretends, then why doesn't he just list a toll free number that raped girls can use to report them (even in the event of a family member) this approach would get the same positive results without any of the negative results. (but it wouldn't serve his pro life/death masters)

if it isn't reported, then it isn't really a rape as per law... (it is, but not according to the law) many women decide that the corcumstances were blurry, or that the person was a friend, and they will take care of the issue some other way...
(beware the wraith of a scorned woman... worse than any AG that i know).

when the victim wont even file charges, the law always drops the charges on thier side. so what right does this guy have to prosecute where the victims didn't even want to?
that is why it is called a witch hunt.

hey sofi, I got respect for you girl... you and your "hoo haa"!

you are a tough cookie to get thru what you have overcome...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join