It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cory Booker has a problem. He is done!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: underwerks

Trying to conflate this and giving the benefit of the doubt to victims of sexual assault is asinine.

That's what folks here have been saying for a few years now.

Now it matters??? hmmmmm.

When in the past have sexual assault allegations by anonymous twitter accounts been the subject of debate here?

I knew you wouldn't answer the question. I mean, who wants to be a hypocrite?

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Trying to conflate this and giving the benefit of the doubt to victims of sexual assault is asinine.

When in the past have sexual assault allegations by anonymous twitter accounts been the subject of debate here?

What was the question?

ETA: : Considering anonymous allegations of sexual misconduct against someone being investigated for sexual misconduct isn’t the same thing as taking an anonymous twitter post with no identity behind it as a credible allegation.

You really can’t compare the two. Yet this seems like a valid comparison to some people.
edit on 20-10-2018 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-10-2018 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 12:27 AM
link   

I am sorry underwerks. Sometimes my side tries to out stupid your side and we end up in places like this. Weaponized rape and sexual assault is dangerous and my side should know better but apparently some of them don't.
edit on 21-10-2018 by MRinder because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: MRinder

You can see by the posts, it only hurts his feeling when his side is being unfairly accused.

I thought everybody knew its okay to be uncivil to the opposition party. At least that's the democrat's position. Not a long way to from there to here.

You reap what you sow.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 01:06 AM
link   

What was the question?

ETA: : Considering anonymous allegations of sexual misconduct against someone being investigated for sexual misconduct isn’t the same thing as taking an anonymous twitter post with no identity behind it as a credible allegation.

You really can’t compare the two. Yet this seems like a valid comparison to some people.

And the difference between a "letter" and a twitter post is what ?

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

We must believe all victims

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 03:56 AM
link   
YEP! Stick a fork in Cory Spartacus Booker.
theconservativetreehouse.com...

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 05:57 AM
link   

So then people need to prove their claims. I agree.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

One supported the Democrats one does not.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aallanon

twitchy.com...

We don’t know if this is true or not, but we’re supposed to believe survivors, right? It certainly made for an interesting Twitter Moment on Saturday — we’re curious if we’ll hear from Booker next week. In short, we have an anonymous Twitter user going by @TheeDeepThroat posting a lengthy piece to Google Docs accusing Booker of assault.

Here is a description of the incident as I described it to a lawyer: I stopped to use one of the building’s single-occupancy restrooms. Upon washing my hands prior to leaving, I heard knocking on the door. When it comes to these restrooms it is customary to knock first in case someone is using it, even though there is an inner lock. When I opened the door, Mr. Booker was there. He smiled and very gregariously said “Hey!” We engaged in some brief idle chitchat in the entryway and then he asked me to speak in private. What happened next, happened so fast that it was hard for me to comprehend what was going on. It was one of those surreal moments where what was happening was such a deviation and such a perversion of one’s natural daily routine that I hardly knew how to react. He pulled me into the restroom, albeit not too forcefully and slowly pushed me against the restroom wall. He said that “Being a hero was a serious turn-on”. He continued, “The Senate appreciates fine citizens like you. Especially this Senator.” He then put his left hand on my groin, over my jeans and began to rub. I seem to remember saying something like “What is happening?” It was a bit like having vertigo. He then used his other hand to grab my left hand with his right and pulled it over to touch him. At the same time, he disengaged from rubbing me and used his left hand to push me to my knees from my shoulder for what was clearly a move to have me perform oral sex on him. At that point, I pulled away quite violently and told him I had to go. I did not see him again before he left.

Where’s a survivor? All you have here is an anonymous person on the internet. You could have written that.

Dude, you are producing comedy gold here. When I think back to a few weeks ago, and see this, it just makes me smile.
If you are lost and confused at my mirth, look back on some Kavanaugh threads, and see how YOUR side responded.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Looking real bad for Booker. LOL I love comupance.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   
We should probably have an FBI investigation into this anonymous accusation.
That's what we do now, right?

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Yes, coupled with a public shaming.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aallanon
a reply to: IAMTAT

Yes, coupled with a public shaming.

It's only fair.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   
There are probably more of these sordid bathroom "encounters" in Mr. Booker's history...The MSM needs to use ALL of it's resources to reach out to...and track down...all of his many other possible victims.

#HeToo

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

a reply to: Grambler

But many on the left said we had to believe all accusers, and this story is a great example of why that is dumb.

Got a source for the many on the left who said you should believe anonymous twitter accounts when they accuse someone of something?

Or is that just some blanket accusation based on your misunderstanding?

Come on dude. While not everyone is saying "believe all women/accusers," A LOT of liberals across friends, colleagues, media, and politics are. Just googling that Im sure will provide you proof of that.

Where’s an accuser?

Please point one out to me. All I see is an anonymous twitter account without a name or a face. Until there is an actual accuser there isn’t anything to consider.

The point I made is what you are denying, that right now many on the left are hypocritically calling for "believing all women or sexual assault accusers" when it serves their purpose (Kavanough) and a few others. This is what I meant about not blindly defending the left (or right). I'm reasonably liberal, but I'm around the exact argument you are denying all the time.

I get that. What Grambler and others are trying to do is compare whats in the OP (an anonymous twitter account, no name, no picture, no actual accuser) to allegations of sexual assault where there is an identified accuser and victim.

Those clearly aren’t the same thing, mainly because in the instance in the OP there isn’t even an accuser. No one on the left is saying every accusation should automatically be believed and the person accused strung up in a court of public opinion. That’s the hyperbolic view I’m arguing against, and I’d be willing to bet that’s not the argument you hear the liberals around you make.

Again maybe you aren’t, and many aren’t. This is what I meant about not projecting your own reasonableness on the left, to others on the left. This is ye olde “there’s nothing wrong with my side because I’m reasonable and fair, therefore all others in my group are too.”

There are plenty of people and pundits saying “believe all women” even prior to evidence being produced, and functionally as guilty until proven innocent. A lot of feminists and democrats were rallying around this recently.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

If Pervy-McGrabby Booker doesn't demand an FBI investigation to clear his Rapey name, then that must mean he's guilty!

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

If Pervy-McGrabby Booker doesn't demand an FBI investigation to clear his Rapey name, then that must mean he's guilty!

If he claims he's innocent...it means he's obviously guilty.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

If he claims he's innocent...it means he's obviously guilty.

Only a guilty person would claim innocence without an investigation. If Corey (Jack The Ripper) Booker has done nothing wrong, then he has nothing to hide.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I'll bet Cory 'Adolph' Booker's victim is still so traumatized, he has TWO doors in his bathroom at home.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join