It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Admits Using Multiple Informants In Investigation Of Page

page: 1

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   

The U.S. government revealed in court filings Friday that the FBI used multiple confidential informants, including some who were paid for their information, as part of its investigation into former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page.

“The FBI has protected information that would identify the identities of other confidential sources who provided information or intelligence to the FBI” as well as “information provided by those sources,” wrote David M. Hardy, the head of the FBI’s Record/Information Dissemination Section (RIDS), in court papers submitted Friday.

Hardy and Department of Justice (DOJ) attorneys submitted the filings in response to a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit for the FBI’s four applications for Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) warrants against Page. The DOJ released heavily redacted copies of the four FISA warrant applications on June 20, but USA Today reporter Brad Heath has sued for full copies of the documents.

Hardy’s declaration acknowledged that the confidential sources used by the FBI were in addition to Christopher Steele, the former British spy who authored the infamous anti-Trump dossier.

dailycaller.com...

The media insisted that no one that was connected to trump through his campaign was spied on. Wwe already knew that was a lie with Halper spying on Page, but now it seems like there were others, some paid.

The corruption of this is astounding to me.

Think of how different the FBi treated Trumps team vs. Feinstien.

With Trumps team, they got Fisa warrants, sent spies, had huge investigations, all the while keeping trump and his team in the dark, because allegedly russian spies were infiltrating the campaign. And yet still we have seen no evidence of that despite the spying on a presidential campaign.

With feinstein, we know she was infiltrated by foreign spies, and yet instead of wiretapping or sending spies or getting fisa warrants against her or her team, the fbi went to feinstein to warn her to be careful.

Everyone, even trump haters, should be appalled at the FBI spying on a presidential campaign in this manner, particularly by using opposition research paid for by hillary, while hillarys people were in connection with both the FBi and obamas doj.

Imagine trump using his fbi to get fisa warrants on schumer, feinstien, booker and all the rest by saying they have connections to foreign influence peddler soros, or the chinese. The same people defending the FBI going after trump would howl that trump was an evil dictator.

edit on 20-10-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Imagine trump using his fbi to get fisa warrants on schumer, feinstien, booker and all the rest by saying they have connections to foreign influence peddler soros, or the chinese. The same people defending the FBI going after trump would howl that trump was an evil dictator.

You know the drill, do as I say, not as I do!

edit on 20-10-2018 by Vector99 because: forgot the beer

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   

FBI using informants? SAY IT AINT SO!

FYI, we're all being spied on all the time. Even allied nations spy on each. Why would you ever think Trump is somehow above this? What makes him so special other than the fact you support him? That's not a good enough reason.

You know, if only you spend your energy being upset you and I currently being spied on right now instead of wasting time on Trump. Jesus...

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Lmao.

So you're justifying the illegal spying on Trump's campaign only because everybody else spies too?

I guess if your candidate was the one being illegally targeted by the opposition you would have a different mind?

I know how you guys have a problem with double standards and stuff but your comment is absurd.

Next you'll be defending rapists because other people rape too.

#WALKAWAY
edit on 20/10/2018 by vinifalou because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

FYI, we're all being spied on all the time. Even allied nations spy on each. Why would you ever think Trump is somehow above this? What makes him so special other than the fact you support him? That's not a good enough reason.

You know, if only you spend your energy being upset you and I currently being spied on right now instead of wasting time on Trump. Jesus...

Cool.

So I assume you will have no problem showing me other presidential campaigns that has fisa warrants taken out against them.

I love how the narrative has shifted from the fbi wouldnt spy on trumps campaign, to now of course they did, they do it to everyone.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Wow, it took a whole whopping ONE post later to prove my point, figured I'd have to wait until at least the 2nd page for that to happen. Good times.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

How quick you jump from #DidntHappen to #WhoCares.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   
An independent special counsel should have been named to investigate SPYGATE many months ago. The longer this Administration waits, the more deadlines expire for prosecuting.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 11:39 PM
link   

I am still at a loss as to why Muellers investigation has not ben disbanded and prosecutors charged in addition to convictions / indictments / guilty pleas related not being thrown out.

There better be criminal investigations into this mess and people better be going to prison.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

The it should be easy to find proof that Hillary was under the same scrutiny. Show and tell time.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

But they're not in office any more so what difference does it make?

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 04:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

But they're not in office any more so what difference does it make?

A man walks into a random residence and murders 2 parents and 4 children. He escapes and is not captured for a week. Using your logic why should resources be wasted in finding a murderer who got away and has not been caught in a week?

If my parents rob a bank and give me the money should I be allowed to keep it?

It doesnt matter if they are in office anymore. They committed several crimes, including felonies and civil rights violations. Why do politicians of a certain party get a walk for their crimes where as the people in the examples I gave above dont?

Equal justice under the law means it applies to everyone.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Using your logic why should resources be wasted in finding a murderer who got away and has not been caught in a week?

I thought you would've recognized that as a facetious comment...

join