It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's gonna be a black wave

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

The atmosphere has gotten intolerable thats all. I would like to see how long you last in a place where everyone else is against you. I doubt you would survive a week at a liberal forum.

Hey Trump promised a huge YUGE tax cut for the middle class. How nice right? By November first he says " We should have the details wrapped up and ready to go by the first of November. Before election day. "
The liar.
Flat out lies to his supporters because he knows you guys dont check anything.
Congress isn't back in Washington until after the election. So is he just stupid or an outright liar?
Serious question vinny

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

The quick way out for the GOP?

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aallanon
a reply to: soberbacchus

Middle class tax cuts

Ha ha a flat out lie to get you to the polls.

Congress isnt back until after the election.
Is he just stupid?

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Wait a minute. You're telling me that Black people are going to vote for the party that "target African-Americans with almost surgical precision," in order to suppress their vote?

The party that is attacking black people through Voter Suppression

This has had a disproportionate effect on voters of colour and women ... and it's part of a pattern of suppression."

Cheaters Never Win ... Except When Republicans Suppress The Black Vote

The party that immediately begins to demonize a person of color when killed by police by searching their background for any dirt they can.

So you're telling me that people of color will vote for a party that constantly attacks them?

Interesting.
edit on 22-10-2018 by maddawg123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

if by remodel he means new paint and cafe curtains above the sink.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   

My wife and I get junk calls all the time. Some are pollsters. We don’t want to speak with those creeps so we hang up and block their numbers. I’m certain that a lot of conservatives react similarly whereas cry baby Libs want to talk to them.

Polls mean nothing!

SHHH!!!!! Don't scare the fish!

Right on the money though.(or better, we simply LIE to the pollsters).

Mailed in my contribution to the red wave just today!
edit on 22-10-2018 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

originally posted by: poncho1982

Conservatives honestly and truly do not care about their skin color, they only care about whether or not they agree or disagree with their views on how this country should be governed.

Except on weekends when they are organizing White Power rallies.

Right, conservatives are out organizing White Power rallies. Just like liberals are out organizing Antifa riots. Man you sound like an idiot.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: maddawg123

I believe they are telling you black people are seeing through those lies.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: maddawg123

I believe they are telling you black people are seeing through those lies.

Not sure what you are talking about. Republican candidates are actively trying to suppress black votes at this very moment.

GOP candidate improperly purged 340,000 from Georgia voter rolls, investigation claims

Lawsuits have also charged that Kemp blocked the registrations of 50,000 would-be voters, 80% of them black, Latino or Asian, because of minor discrepancies in the spelling or spacing of their name. Another suit targeted the state’s most diverse county after it rejected an unusually large number of absentee ballots.

Alabama, Where ID Is Required to Vote, Closes DMVs in Most “Black Belt” Counties

Alabama Closes Driver’s License Offices After Implementing Voter ID Law

North Dakota Native Americans fight to protect their right to vote after court ruling

Unless of course you're talking about the lie that Republican are for minorities.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

a reply to: Sillyolme

how EXACTLY is it a lie ?????????????????

president trump - does not say " you will have a tax cut on 01 NOVEMBER 2018 "

actually - a quite macheavelllian strategy - have a tax refoorm plan[ that democrats oppose ] made public before the eklection - and have it voted on in congress after the election

its simples - if you want the tax cut - the congress better have a republican majority

you are the one lying - or are you just stupid ?
edit on 22-10-2018 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Not sure what you are talking about. Republican candidates are actively trying to suppress black votes at this very moment.

That's bull.

Voter purges are done for those that haven't voted in over 3 years or responded that they are still valid voters. It's a VALID effort to counter voter fraud. NOR does it target ANY demographic such as race, age, etc., other than the demo of folks who are too lazy to vote. I mean, they didn't vote in the most IMPORTANT election in our lifetime, so really, are they disenfranchised? I think not.

As for IDs, you need a damn ID to do ANYTHING....so why is it weird to expect needing it to VOTE? Not to mention, once you start voting, you can just vote by mail. I do. (and did already).

About the only valid claim, is regarding the Native Americans needing an address vs. a P.O. Box. However, this ALSO applies to any other demographic out in the sticks with a PO Box vs. address. Still, this one does NEED to be addressed, as this is a total disenfranchisement. However, we're still taking small numbers affected here. (less than 1000, according to the article's math, if one bothers to calculate it) (and the Native Americans are resolving it themselves, by finally establishing street addresses, so really, it's just forcing them to make it easier for services such as 911, etc.)

Often we also hear (they can't get to the polls)... Are you kidding me, you racists? Not to mention, take a damn Uber. Walk. The bus. Better still...MAIL IT IN!

I'm so tired of hearing this nonsense though. I just mailed my damn ballot in. No ID, no purge worries, because I'm an ACTIVE voter. The Dems still don't get why this BS isn't working.
edit on 22-10-2018 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   
On the Drivers License offices closing....seriously? I've seen so many govt office locations close to budget cuts, that it's not even funny. Even the damn articles state they are due to budget cuts, NOT an attempt to keep folks from getting a license. Just like I now have to drive further to get a birth certificate copy, etc. because the closer office closed. This is all over, not just "black belt" states, etc. (and how damn racist is that term?)

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

"black belt" states, etc. (and how damn racist is that term?)

is it racist of they know karate ? [ or judo , akido etc etc etc ]

i am just waiting for some idoot to accuse asian martial arts skills rankings as racism

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   

So you're telling me that people of color will vote for a party that constantly attacks them?

Given the choice, (and this is a generality) people of color tend to vote for a candidate with a matching "color". Even when said candidate is promising to raise taxes. Just look at the governor race in FL (my state).

It's ridiculous, yet if you try and call it out for what it is, you're branded a racist, when really, it's the exact OPPOSITE. I vote for a candidate whose platform matches what I want to see accomplished. I could care less what color they are, or even what religion, orientation, etc. as long as they have many of the same goals I'd want to see done in govt.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Aallanon

Oh Rly?

You know lots of black folks?

Cause my black friends... I'll let you figure out the rest.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   

is it racist of they know karate ? [ or judo , akido etc etc etc ]

Isn't everything racism these days?

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Blarneystoner

Most black people I know will vote D. A few say black people need to vote R even if they hate Republicans, and a few will vote D but are getting sick of the anti Trump talk.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: Blarneystoner

Most black people I know will vote D. A few say black people need to vote R even if they hate Republicans, and a few will vote D but are getting sick of the anti Trump talk.

I don't know any black folks that hate republicans... they don't like the policies not the people. This administration has worked hard to make people believe that if you don't like the policies someone supports, you must hate the them too. I've found the exact opposite with most of my black friends. Even though they know that some people hate them for simply being black, they don't necessarily hate them back. They know that hate is counter productive and buys them noting in return.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I personally know both REP and DEM black folks. Sure, it skews more DEM, but no hard fast rule here. I will say though, regardless of party, they are more apt to break party lines and vote for a candidate of color. Its just as simple as that really. I get the appeal of shared heritage, etc. that prompts this....I just can't agree with it being a basis for choosing who governs.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

It may be true at the state level, black folks will break party lines to vote for a minority but not at the Federal level. Black folks trust the Fed Gov more than they do the state governments. And why wouldn't they? State legislatures have historically denied equal protection and rights while the Fed Gov has worked to ensure that minorities are treated equally under the law. I'm guessing I don't need to provide examples...

And there's a good reason that blacks will not vote Republican. Colin Powell (R) said it's because there is a “dark vein of intolerance” in the party. “I’m not calling the party racist . . . there’s some in the party who practice a level of intolerance that is not good for the party and is not consistent with American values.”

I happen to agree with the General.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join