It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The administration's withdrawal from world affairs causing chaos, says ex-NATO chief.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

I like NATO. What I do not like is the hypocritical approach where they want the US to stay out of their business but complain when they do. Make up your minds and let's work together.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   
they are mad the tax money gravy train and market access is being put in it's place

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
So all of Europe wants the US to get out of their affairs, Trump does it, and they complain.

That guy is not representative of all Europe, and personally I always found him disgusting in the way he sucks up to the US.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: sdcigarpig
The head of state for another country, has put out that with the US withdrawing, it has caused chaos in areas that there should not be.

He is not a head of state, he is only:

... CEO of political consultancy Rasmussen Global[3] and a Senior Advisor at The Boston Consulting Group's Copenhagen office.[4]

Source

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   
People never appreciate the U.S. meddling in world affairs and love to criticize so let them “do it better”. We’re taking our ball and going home.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

a reply to: incoserv

So all of Europe wants the US to get out of their affairs, Trump does it, and they complain.

I think the US pays more to NATO than all other nations combined.

I believe a lack of interest in NATO by the US would translate into a threat againsy NATO's existance.

Good.

That's one of the good parts...

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder
I spent the last 20 mins trying to think of how the world is more chaotic now that Trump is President than it has been for the last 20 years. Can someone tell me how the world is worse than it was 2, 3, 5, or 10 yrs ago?

it's not, just drama queens everywhere.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Just because the former NATO(!!!) head says something stupid, it´s the opinion of 500 millions of europeans?
Ask the average people, they will tell you the reality. Except in the east-european rightwinger and EU-money leeches states. Nobody sane wants to dance to the US tunes anymore, just for US profits, US interests, US wars and for "U"S made refugee crises, which hit other continents, like Europe. We all could live good without that!

The world doesn´t need a "world-police" that behaves like their cops at home, shoot first, then MAYBE ask later....

Nobody in the sane parts of Europe(the more western, the more sane) complains about less trigger happy cowboys that interfere everywhere they have nothing to search and say.

Except some NATO heads, warmongerers, rightwingers(how silly is that, european "nationalists" FOR the "U"SA) and other typical US sycophants.

Rogue states stay rogue states, even if they try to disguise as the good guys and act as if the whole world couldn´t thrive and survive without them!

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

You're surprised?

How has the US withdrawn from world affairs, again? I somehow or other, missed the memo. Seems we're involved all over the place, many of which we really shouldn't be.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: CalibratedZeus

C'mon now, not everybody is losing their minds. I somehow doubt this guy speaks for however millions of Europeans there are now...last count was somewhere in the neighborhood of 500 million, I think...

Personally, I'd just as soon see the end of our roll as world policeman.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Whether it is true or not, someone is complaining. My point is that no matter what happens people will bitch about it.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Yep. Oh, yes, I know some, no matter what, will use it as an opportunity to fuss. They've been doing it since WWII ended.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Whether it is true or not, someone is complaining.

The guy complaining is someone that was somebody a couple of years ago and now is nobody, just a CEO of a private company that tries to keep his name in the media, probably to get some money from it.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Hey maybe I am wrong. I feel like no matter what the US does they will be the bad guy to many in Europe.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   

True, but that's because different people have different opinions, like in the US and everywhere else.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I thought I might add a slightly different perspective from the Asia Pacific region. Since the building of artificial islands in the South China Sea, Australia is now in range of Chinese long range bombers. China wants our mineral resources, and our agricultural products. Chinese investors are buying up our real estate and they are infiltrating our industries, and our educational institutions. Australia is teaming with Chinese spies. Australia is not capable of defending itself from a force as large as china, we have only 25 million people in an area about the same size as continental US. Australia has always assumed that we are safe down here because our big buddies in the USA would come and protect us under the ANZUS treaty. Now, with the political climate that has come about with Trump, we are not so sure anymore. China is muscling in on us even more now. Question is, if push came to shove and china made a move on us, would the US have our back? We're not so sure anymore and its frankly terrifying.
edit on 23-10-2018 by harold223 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Look I don't like Trump as a person, I think he's a pig, but we've had FAR FAR FAR worst Presidents.

All of this pearl-clutching and virtue-signalling over "TRUMP SAID" or "THE RUSSIANS ARE COMING" is paramount hypocrisy and hysteria. What have US law enforcement/intel factions been doing for DECADES, even before I was even born?

Oh? What was that? MEDDLING IN ELECTIONS, YOU SAY?!

-strokes beard-

top topics

<< 1   >>

join