It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not video game question but i hope right forum...D&D question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I haven't played D&D (Dungeons and Dragons) in 20-25 years. However I recently have wanted to put together a game. How does one find local D&D enthusiasts?

I hope I posted in correct area if not please feel free to move it to the appropriate forum, thanks

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Thisisfun2015

I would try local comic book or hobby stores. They usually know or are the ones setting up games. Good luck

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Game hobby shops are full of them, you know guys who play warcraft and hang around dusty tables at the back of the shop after hours...or reddit, you will probably find a whole section on D&D

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Try game shops, especially if you have one located around a college.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Thisisfun2015

Aside from finding an actual pnp group... which is damn near impossible these days

The best way to enjoy authentic D&D pnp experiences is with "Neverwinter Nights"

The original not the new crap that claims the same name...

you can get a copy on Steam

edit on 20-10-2018 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Meetup.com has tons of groups in my area. Many are run by game stores and some just folks. Also, the current DnD version isn’t what you remember. There is a game called Pathfinder that is basically DnD 3.5 that most of us old school folks play now. It uses the open license agreement and has developed all on its own.

I mention Pathfinder because I think the current versions of DnD aren’t that good so I play Pathfinder now instead with my group. Also, many high schools have DnD groups and the younger folks appreciate and old school DM with experience. I have played with them a few times as well.
edit on 2018/10/20 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Good call, I am pretty sure they use PathFinder in the show Harmon’s Quest. It’s worth checking out pretty hilarious at some points, it’s just the creator of Rick and Morty playing a table to RPG with his ex wife and friends.

PathFinder does look to be the ideal choice these days.

a reply to: Metallicus

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Wow, thank you all for your great replies!

I live pretty far from any game shops but next time I leave the mountaintop. I will look up pathfinder as well and check out reddit too.

new topics

top topics

join