It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitch McConnell Confronted By Protesters At Restaurant

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I've no answer for ya.

I've eaten is places that looked like that, the food made it worth it, it was that good. Of course, the opposite has happened, too. Place looks great, and the food, not so much...

It is kind of odd, I'll grant you, to see someone, of his means, seemingly slumming... That's not quite the point of it, however interesting, though. The fact that people seemingly think that this is proper behavior to harass people when they're out in public.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Maybe for the same reason that one of the local major league baseball players is known to go to a little dive joint in the city - it has good food and he likes it.

Maybe this place has good food and McConnell and his wife like it. Sometimes, those little dive joints are the best places to eat. I know of several, including the one frequented by that aforementioned baseball pro. It's the best place in town to get empanadas, bar none.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Something I've noticed from all this hoopla going on the past couple of years? People are now willing to trust a politician because they're part of a certain party. I remember when ATS didn't trust either party.

Oh well, those were the good ol' days I guess.

That's why it's called divide and conquer.

Once the sides are divided, it is very easy to control each side. Weirdest things is that we all know this, and this has been around since before Roman Empire, and yet, we fall for it every damn time!

As long as we're divided, the politicians can say and do whatever they want to, and some tool out there will support them and defend them.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I completely agree Seagull. The behavior was, is and will be out of place. I don't condone it at all. I would be like his friend who was sitting and saying ''come on dude'' chill.. My only point here was not to say that action was justified, but rather to open up the possibilities that the event was not as cut and dry as painted in the link. That this could have been a simple set up by McConnell is just as easily considered as that this was part of a larger protest plan orchestrated by the dems. And yes, I know that that is a real thing, that harassment is going on. It's just that we should take these events on individual basis's and evaluate them on their own merit.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Certainly, I did not mean to impugn the establishment. It may be the best in town, dunno. I just know that with my own height and age, sitting in those small booth type things where the seats are at best barely cushioned and you have to fit in the alloted space between the seat and the stationary table is uncomfortable. I just have a hard time picturing and old man like McConnell choosing to accept the ambiance even for the best taco in town.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   

What on Earth are you smoking? I didn't say that at all. Why are you putting words in my mouth like that?

If it were a Democrat being harassed you'd say it was a setup to make Republicans look bad, but this time it's totally legit! Because it's a Republican being harassed and that's the ONLY reason you believe it is legit.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogany

You put it really well here. Every single member on these boards knows for a fact that divide and conquer is a real tactic used by those in power (if not what are they doing here?) yet those same members are so caught up in their justice boners and outrage bubbles that they can't recognize that they're falling for that very tactic right now.

People are funny when they get in large groups. Groupthink is a real thing and we see it on the boards every single day.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

What on Earth are you smoking? I didn't say that at all. Why are you putting words in my mouth like that?

If it were a Democrat being harassed you'd say it was a setup to make Republicans look bad, but this time it's totally legit! Because it's a Republican being harassed and that's the ONLY reason you believe it is legit.

Hmm, I have, in fact, not said that.

I actually authored a thread about the angry mob outside Shalala's office in Miami.

I said the Democrats discovered what it takes to trigger Republican voters, so I think that pretty heavily implies that I felt those voters were genuinely an angry mob, not a setup to make them look bad.

There is a difference between one or two who are later outed in social media posts they made and an entire group.

edit on 21-10-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join