It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitch McConnell Confronted By Protesters At Restaurant

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Thank god you knew I was joking.

ETA: right?
edit on 20/10/2018 by DictionaryOfExcuses because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

On break, sure, and likely. And yes, people should be able to visit a fast food eatery without being harassed. I agree.
But unlike the link and hence the OP, this did not seem to be protesters as in those who actively seek to disrupt society. This, much more, appears to me to be just one or two other diners getting their hate on. Turning it into ''one more example of the liberally controlled agenda falls flat in my eyes.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

What's scary is that they don't even stop to consider the possibility of propaganda from their own side and just automatically accept that it happened at face value.

Identity politics is the worst, it puts party above all so any one person in ther party represents the whole party and must be defended at all costs.

Sad to see people who are so smart continuously get fooled. Those in power know all about psychology, this whole political circus is one big psychological operation. Look at people's attitudes, they're nasty and angry, those in power know how to divide us and they're doing a great job of it right now.

And that is exactly my point 3nl. The seeming inability to even consider information that does not fit with the narrative unless viewed through the lens of partisanship. In that post, I attempted to offer a string of simple observations on the video that run contrary to the established conservative narrative. Not denying, just offering another interpretation of the event.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Sure. Cheap does not equate to bad. But the place does not look even comfortable. See the booth? It appears to be a table that like many others will not move, but is secured to the floor. Maybe not but often that is the case. The benches do not appear to be all that comfortable but rather utilitarian, designed for fast cleaning. An in and out kind of service. I"ve eaten in those as I suspect have you.

So my question is ''why'' was McConnell in a place like this in the first place. Cuz the food was so good? Was he just in Kentucky for a little R and R? If so, why is he in a fast food climate in the first place. Why not a more comfortable environment. If it was recommended by locals, where are they? Why are they eating alone rather than with those who recommended it. Were they just driving down the road and decided on a fast food type place like this" good food or bad food, matters not. Why would they not choose a place with more comfort, with a better ambiance in the first place.

I don't know any of those answers. What I am offering is only question about the whole nature of that event.
If we look at it only through the eyes of conservative lenses that Republican politicians can not eat in public then sure this adds to that narrative. And that of course is to ignore that Republican politicians are not using that narrative and making themselves out to be victims of the mob, which IS the Republican narrative right now.

His booth is right next to a table filled with what appears to be young people at a party. Just the kind of place I would not pick to relax. Especially at his age. Were I he, I would not chose a place like that to have a nice dinner what with the crowd and all the noise.

It just makes no sense to me Gull.

And once again to the harrasment. I agree. People should be cordial and not aggressive like that one fellow. He appeared to be the only one really incensed with only a couple others even adding to the din. Others in the party were clearly trying to calm him down.

So no, this was not a group of protesters as the OP likes to see it. At most it was disgruntled citizens of less than desirable self control, getting out of line.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Oh wow, some random dude yells at Turtle Man.

What won't conservatives cry about?

I like the ending of the video where the woman said shes gonna sell this to TZM. This video, brought to you by TMZ.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I would be glad to see a senator in a restaurant. To see someone elected to look after our country at a high level would be sort of gratifying, it doesn't matter what party the person is in. I would even be happy to see Waters, I would not harass her even though she has an attitude I do not think is good. I would like to discuss political issues with a congressman in a civil matter, not throw insults at them. I guess there is no T&C code in the restaurants in this country. People acting uncivil should be kicked out of a restaurant.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

What's scary is that they don't even stop to consider the possibility of propaganda from their own side and just automatically accept that it happened at face value.

that is pretty funny seeing as all the # they post is supposedly organized and paid for by the democrats blah blah

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

that is pretty funny seeing as all the # they post is supposedly organized and paid for by the democrats blah blah

Guess you missed Kavanaugh “protesters” outright admitting the organizations they work for being wholesale supported by George Soros... they don’t even try to hide it... but from what I’m assuming you don’t get paid and are willing to cover for them... so... uhhhhh... yeah... 🐑

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: SwissMarked

so that means all things?

that means no things can be organized on the republican side?

whatever

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

so that means all things?

that means no things can be organized on the republican side?

whatever

Project all you want... just because the left does it constantly that doesn’t mean the right does as well... and if they do I’ll be the first one to call them out on it... that being said... Russians are colluding to steal the midterms... be afraid of the Red Tide... it’s real... and it’s scary... and doesn’t mean what you think... 😜👍

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   
The Crusades were NOT an aggression against muslims. They were a RESPONSE to muslim aggression.

When the ‘right’ RESPONDS to ‘leftist’ aggression we see the same low-iq reaction from the ‘left’.

When the pendulum swings, it’s always bittersweet.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Identity politics is the worst, it puts party above all so any one person in ther party represents the whole party and must be defended at all costs.

Sad to see people who are so smart continuously get fooled. Those in power know all about psychology, this whole political circus is one big psychological operation. Look at people's attitudes, they're nasty and angry, those in power know how to divide us and they're doing a great job of it right now.

We have Liberal leaders like Clinton, Waters and Pelosi jumping up and down in the streets, yelling to confront any Republicans where found in public, and you think it’s a set up? The liberal leadership cares nothing for their followers. if it were me, I would feel threatened as I am sure is the plan. It’s simply a mater of time before it gets out of hand and some some poor guy with a CCW gets drawn into the mix. Maybe a few wounded idiots will calm them down. I only hope no one dies. I know it’s a small target but shoot them in the balls at least they can’t reproduce, and stupid people shouldn’t breed.

As I have said many times, the midterms are coming. Perhaps a mandate from the people will calm this foolishness.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   

yeah silly me

the right is squeaky clean and does everything on the level

it is only the left that does shady #

were you born yesterday?

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   
So he got harrassed... big F'in deal. Let's post about it and whine and cry like the snowflakes we know you are. LOL...

Somebody hurt your little feelings... lol...

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07
So he got harrassed... big F'in deal. Let's post about it and whine and cry like the snowflakes we know you are. LOL...

Somebody hurt your little feelings... lol...

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: DictionaryOfExcuses
a reply to: underpass61

I feel bad for you. You thought I was being serious. Yikes.

We've seen far more absurd and, ahem, Silly things posted here by dead serious liberals. Sarcasm/comedy is not your strong suit.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Something I've noticed from all this hoopla going on the past couple of years? People are now willing to trust a politician because they're part of a certain party. I remember when ATS didn't trust either party.

Oh well, those were the good ol' days I guess.

So, of course, we now need to endorse the harassment of any public official by angry mobs when they go out in public to enjoy a night out at a restaurant because we shouldn't trust them legislatively?

What on earth are you smoking?!

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Commenting on rude is now crying?? Really. I can 'em rude, and not a tear shed, even metaphorically.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

You see nothing wrong with behavior like that? Nothing at all??

OK. Sign of the times, I guess. I suppose it's just "keepin' it real", right?

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   
The best part of this story is the childish "protester" got told off by other customers.

Linky

Average people are sick of this adolescent nonsense. Keep acting like a bunch of spoiled children.
Turning off more moderates and independents by the day.

Will these people ever grow up?
edit on 20 10 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join