It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Jackpot !!! $1.6 billion on Tuesday

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: Trueman
Won't it be great when an anonymous wealthy family wins it again after suckering out more Americans to spend their extra money on this obvious racket??

Actually, there is no way we will ever find out who won unless the winner is an idiot and has a deathwish. Winning that kind of money makes you a target for every crazy out there.

If you ever win, you must retain the largest law firm in your state, set up trusts, and have your trust claim the money.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   
It's so much that its difficult to grasp how much it is.

After taxes one winner would have approximately 1.1 billion

You will get $0.10 a seconds if you have 1 Billion dollars in the bank which is $360 a hour $8,640 a day and 3,153,300 a year.

Thats crazy.....I certainly see why some of the uber super rich start foundations, cause thats so much even if you are donating 10% it you need a way to to do this effectively.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Exactly!

It's likely going to take you a good half year or more to put everything in place to really claim your winnings. So your life isn't going to be changing for a while even if everything has changed overnight.

We do have a plan for it, believe it or not, so I know we'll never, ever win, but that doesn't stop us from occasionally trying.

The family has a trust for our land (just a small bit of farmland that we've had for generations). The first step is to reach out to that lawyer for lawyer recommendations. They've dealt with the family for several generations. If they can't do it, we hope they can pass us on to a good referral.

We already have our eye on a financial advisor service we like.

And we know exactly how we want to money broken down and parceled out to cover ourselves, family, friends, etc., and to keep itself hopefully sustaining. We even have goals for what we'd like done with it and in what order.

However, neither of us is very hugely materialistic, so I can see a good amount getting donated and given to others. We neither one want a huge house or tons of cars - stuff like that.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

I'm buying a Service Master van. Take care of everything in one fell swoop !!

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   
You could use that amount of money to oppose people like Soros and fund pro-American groups instead of Antifa and other left wing hate groups.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.
a reply to: DBCowboy

If I win I am going to hire three dudes wearing pigs mask that drive a van and they are going to be looking for you.

Just as long as they don't look for me in Vegas because I've never been there and will never go there and I don't have a suite at the Bellagio.

And I’m still waiting for my van with “free candy” painted on the side that I never lent you and Aug when you both didn’t go to Vegas!

It's being hosed off and scrubbed clean of finger prints and DNA.

I accidently spilled a cup of coffee in it and I wanted to get it cleaned.

And the lottery ticket and jar of ears under the passenger seat?

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Think I could disappear without too much fanfare.

Pretty sure you go to one of those huge law firms like Findem and Cheatem, and sign a contract that they represent you etc. and you would walk out of there with a big fat check and a invoice due . Like the athletes get from agents before they are drafted. Then when you do get the lump sum they get paid first.Cause its highly unlikely Im gonna go work at the Piggly Wiggly the next day, but Id be uncomfortable in some rich opulent house, get me some land in the mountains a nice size modest house take care of my mom family and friends and think on what to do next.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   

If I win I am going to hire three dudes wearing pigs mask that drive a van and they are going to be looking for you.

Just as long as they don't look for me in Vegas because I've never been there and will never go there and I don't have a suite at the Bellagio.

And I’m still waiting for my van with “free candy” painted on the side that I never lent you and Aug when you both didn’t go to Vegas!

Could never find the lottery ticket and the ears were there when you loaned us the van.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Could never find the lottery ticket and the ears were there when you loaned us the van.

What van...? What ears?

Who the heck has hacked my account again?

“coughs” darned throat...

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I feel like I'm going to take hell for this, but:

Everyone pretty much knows that it would ruin your life to win the lottery, right?
edit on 20/10/2018 by DictionaryOfExcuses because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   

The reason it gets big is that no one wins the whole thing is a rip-off. The payoff should be more often to more people in smaller amounts.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: DictionaryOfExcuses
I feel like I'm going to take hell for this, but:

Everyone pretty much knows that it would ruin your life to win the lottery, right?

Probably. But what a magnificent ruin it would be!

EPIC!

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Think of it, maybe a hundred million people will be buying lotto tickets and they will buy an average of say eight tickets each to jump it up the six hundred million bucks. The lotto will keep a minimum of two hundred million probably, I think I read that the pay out rate was seventy five percent of the total approximately.

Six hundred million bucks being spent on one lotto game. Does anyone realize how much money that is? On top of the lotto making twenty five percent, the pay out option makes it a lot less and the taxes will be super high.

I am only going to buy a couple of tickets for the lotto, I won't know what to do with the probably seven hundred million bucks cash anyway, I am sixty three and have been getting rid of junk I have, I just gave away a compressor yesterday to a friend, I still have three of them. When you got a lot of stuff, it isn't even fun buying things anymore. On top of that, if I were to win, I can guarantee I would have a heart attack and I do not like supporting the medical industry if I do not have to. Could you imagine how the doctors would be looking at you, like a cash cow. They would be prescribing me all sorts of tests, and trying to make me fear being old. I don't want things stuck up my butt.

I wouldn't mind winning a couple of million and have better odds of winning something. So, say someone takes home seven hundred million after expenses, it would become a full time job managing the money. All the Charities in the country would be sending you money requests and calling. You would have to hire someone to answer the phone and screen the calls and sort through the twenty fold increase in charity mail.

It is a curse to have money like that for most of us common people, our kids would turn out bad because we would be spoiling them and they would be fighting among themselves, wondering if the other kids will try to screw them. I will be happier if I were to win a thousand bucks with the ticket.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Since you frame it that way, I'm imagining my ruined existence standing as example to others, a veritable Macchu Picchu of human experience. Okay. I'm in.

As long as future people trip out about how straight I cut lines in the stone. If I can't troll in the afterlife I don't wanna go

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I get a scratch-it maybe several times a year. I like the crossword-themes tickets. Usually I break even, spend the money I broke even with on something I would've wasted it on in the first place - I like 7-11 coffee - and thank the gods for sparing me over another day.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   
My plan is to buy 302 million tickets.
Gauarenteed win.

Anyone have 302 million I can borrow till wednesday?

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

That is an obscene amount of money.

Get me a ticket I'll pay you back when I win , we can go amateur archaeologisting together.

You can buy your own. People from the UK can purchase tickets through lottogo. Buy 1 ticket, get 1 free at the moment.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I'll be joining the fray as well-- It's worth a few bucks to dream for a short while!

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   
People should start making wallpaper out of their failed lotto tickets.

it'd be all like "check it out YO, my wall would have been worth like $400,502,208,248,000!!!!".

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

I got 2 numbers right.
Is that worth anything?

It's worth more hope and change

😨

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join