It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Air Force in Idaho Effect Doesn't Allow For a Flat Earth stick with me here on this

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 02:27 AM
link   
When draftees from Dallas finally say goodbye to San Antonio, where they absolutely took the place over and got away with anything their young azzes could imagine, and complete avionics school in Denver, they all remark to their friends at the new permanent duty station in the armpit of the nation which is the mystical Mountain Home Air Force Base.

Ya, tis in Idaho, where we touted laughing at our bewidered selves that " the wind doesn't blow in Idaho, it sucks " naw we loved our new selves, responsible soldiers for a smart country who went and got involved in a land war in Asia. But the sun was all twonky beam man.!!

Yes the airmen had seen the difference in the sun and daylength betwixt Dallas and Denver, but this was way different. Those poor fellas had to get used to the sun making a 90 degree angle turn......at noonish.

We had enough to go through, we had been told there was a woman behind every tree there and it was true. Sagebrush for a hundredfifty miles to the West and East yea, the same to nor and south. Took a while to lose the mysterious Pell mell extravaganza we had gotten into up that far north. Took me forever to nail it down but it was confirmed that it did a 90.

Who cares that it got finally dark at 11:30 pm call it almost midnite. That is expected huh? !! But deep in thought Tonite talking to God about my long strange walk and seeing a red Firefly, that could not be real...it stayed on too long and was apparent still in midair...I realized expertly and so soberly, that if a flat Earth scenario has the sun trucking it's way around on a flat circle path.....there could be no room for it to veer off it's observed journey accross the sky be so noticeably different looking from one lattitude to another... to the average well-rounded and handsome airman.....no, that should be airmen......

Submitted for your parousal,

Red Firefly....there were no other fireflies, too cold,you too.....wrong time of the year ...haI'm goin back out, it's 2 am......goin outside gonna get to the bottom of this sign from Heaven.... I'll report back! (blows kiss with two fingers
edit on 20-10-2018 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I noticed similar before and when I asked an "elder" I was told "you just never noticed before", uhh-huuu..??

Also, the firefly thing is odd, just saw 2 about a week ago, they are about 3-4 months late (usually round memorial day they are thick, then thin out as they are eaten and die), also don't know how they survived some of the weather.

There are some odd things happening that some people don't want to admit or even discuss or look at, which is why I often find myself here..

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 03:33 AM
link   
No wind in Idaho then you've never been on the Palouse!

Red fireflies, okay, I am envious. I swear I've seen a regular firefly in Washington State, where of course the beetles don't glow compared to ones in other areas and states.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 03:40 AM
link   
"Armpit of the US"

You apparently dont know idaho.......

Literally in less than 2 hours............try again

ER

maybe some of the backroads........

LOLOL yeah........Im from Texas.......i can underdtand their excitement.....and they get to fly open sky like nothing else....

I mean...who would want to practice their flying over all this dif topography.......
edit on 10/20/2018 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 04:58 AM
link   
If you want people to take you seriously you'll need more facts and less opinions.

and to top it all off

But deep in thought Tonite talking to God about my long strange walk and seeing a red Firefly, that could not be real

Apparently you can't spell 'tonight' and show symptoms similar to delusions of grandeur.

So either your previously mentioned 'sobriety' is in fact a lie, or you're one of those lucky ones who can get high off their own chemistry. Either way, I'm not 'sticking here with you' on this.

There's a thread for fictional stories right?
Mods?

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

when I was in Biloxi for avionics training, I hated it there. Thought the place sucked, and all. Now when I think back, it was pretty awesome, I was just young and stupid. It seems there is some correlation with youth and smarts.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 07:02 AM
link   

There's a thread for fictional stories right?

Yes, it is where the threads that claim the Earth is flat are kept...

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: GreenGunther

That was kind of rude. Just because you are unable to understand what the rest of us can, doesn't give you the right to call his military service "a story of fiction". How bout a little respect?

Maybe he was telling the truth about sobriety and had a few beers after he made that statement. Maybe he just talks a little different than what you are used to. Since when is misspelling proof of intoxication? Since when is talking to God "delusions of grandeur"? Everyone is supposed to talk to God. Just because you give the good Lord the cold shoulder is no evidence of intoxication of others...

Why don't you just tell us what is Really bothering you today?

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I took it as he was referring to the actual Air Force Base itself... *shrug*

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Yeah when we are young we have such a narrow view of what is worthwhile and good.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake
No wind in Idaho then you've never been on the Palouse!

Red fireflies, okay, I am envious. I swear I've seen a regular firefly in Washington State, where of course the beetles don't glow compared to ones in other areas and states.

He says the wind exists... He just says the wind doesnt "blow", it "sucks" which is still a method of putting air in motion. I'm not sure what is meant by this expression though... Either the wind is more powerful or just different in some way, or the whole place in general just "sucks"?

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470
Maybe he means sucks by tearing(sucking) down trees and electric poles.
Or just in general for flight.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   
If the Earth was flat, cats would have knocked everything off of it by now....

new topics

top topics

join