It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hate body odour? You're More Likely To Have Rightwing Views

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Or "Conservatives Don't Like Stinky Non-Bathing Nasties"

Now it all makes sense! I had always wondered how those college hippies / hipsters who don't shower and reek of armpit stench just seem to repel me! I am guilty of social discrimination it appears and most probably am right wing because sweat, urine and non-bathing stench in general is not something I embrace with compassion.

On the other hand, now I know why so many college lefties who are stinky seem to get along just fine without their peers holding their nose and telling them to take a shower and use deodorant.

It is funny but the article is actually serious.

www.theguardian.com...

People who have a greater tendency to turn their nose up at the whiff of urine, sweat and other body odours are more likely to have rightwing authoritarian attitudes, research suggests.

The study also found having a greater disgust for body odours was linked, albeit to a small degree, with support for Donald Trump when he was a presidential candidate.

The team say the findings support the idea that a feeling of disgust might partly underpin social discrimination against others, with the link rooted in a primitive urge to avoid catching diseases from unfamiliar people or environments.

Previous studies have linked levels of disgust to political orientation, with some research suggesting those who identify as conservative have greater aversion to revolting images.

Olofsson said his team were keen to explore whether the response of individuals towards scenarios linked to scent alone revealed a similar association.

“We think that olfaction might be at the root of the pathogen detection system, so body odour disgust might be the most primitive, most fundamental way to detect pathogens,” he said.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 12:42 AM
link   
The ‘intellectual’ left. What a surprise.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Fun Fact: Russian are like genetically immune from smelling armpit stench.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Unironically, just 3 years ago this would have been considered satire.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Bahahahaha

Yeah what's your problem with roaches, bed bugs, meth mouth, urine stains, and washing your hair in the sink of a gas station with stolen travel size shampoo anyways?

I bet you don't even get the gov to pay for your acyclovir!

Fuggin' white privileged elitist pigs!

edit on 20-10-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Key point is, if you're intolerant you're right wing. Only a right winger thinks social discrimination is something to be proud of...

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Key point is, if you're intolerant you're right wing. Only a right winger thinks social discrimination is something to be proud of...
Do you really think that intolerance can only be found on the right?
Because I really think that intolerance is a universal human trait. Now, if you’re talking about specific things that people who lean right are intolerant of, compared to things that the left leaning people are intolerant of, I think we could have a conversation.
edit on 20-10-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 01:58 AM
link   
oh, I am left
for the first time i found out.thanks science

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Damla
oh, I am left
for the first time i found out.thanks science
Eww. Damla likes stinky people.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

how did you know
it didnt smell bad. it was more like interesting. I remember smelling people in the bus..it was like i would know them if they were sweaty and smelled. i know it is weird. i am glad i am girl..in case one of them noticed you know. but i am very sneaky and small and i barely moved
i worked in stealth.
)

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Thanks for bringing quality back to the Ats boards.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 02:10 AM
link   

I apply deodorant Liberally... is that a paradox?

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I thought the French were the smellie nasties ?

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 02:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
Unironically, just 3 years ago this would have been considered satire.

Best Comment lol

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 03:28 AM
link   

I KNEW IT... they've been watching too much Simpsons. The Simpletons...

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Damla
a reply to: Woodcarver

how did you know
it didnt smell bad. it was more like interesting. I remember smelling people in the bus..it was like i would know them if they were sweaty and smelled. i know it is weird. i am glad i am girl..in case one of them noticed you know. but i am very sneaky and small and i barely moved
i worked in stealth.
)

A short super secret ninja bus smeller, sniffing strangers strategically.

and we all know it's ok, if we catch some chick smelling random people on public transport... As long as she's not giggling incoherently and her eyes are not crossed..

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: scojak

I apply deodorant Liberally... is that a paradox?

Depends. The bike lock wielding hooligan, wears the "Oh he stinks, he's smothered in cheap deodorant!" stuff.

But the more hard working, staunch bloke, wears the "Gosh, if I were a woman, even I'd snog him!" stuff...

oO

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Hate body odour? You're More Likely To Have Rightwing Views

Or.. you just appreciate cleanliness and expect others to do the same.
I view it as laziness if you don't smell good. Granted, I don't expect anyone to smell good after a day of hard labour or a sporting event, hike, jog etc.

But knowing you smell funky in a normal social settings means you don't care about yourself and wipe your behind on the comfort of others. I don't have smelly friends, by choice.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Must be why Lefties hold their nose when they vote.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Parishna
hahahhaha

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join