It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PAULINE CONVERSIONS??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2003 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I define a Pauline conversion as life changing experience in which God uniquely reveals Himself to the person having the experience. Pauline conversions are intensely personal and really serve only for the edification of the person directly concerned. Such experiences do not really aid other believers who typically respond with something on the order of "cool". They still believe. When the experience is related to the non-believer, they tend to want to hand you over to the men in white coats. They still do not believe. Hence the only person who is changed is the one to whom it occurs. Consider the conversion of Paul, struck blind on the road to Damascus and hearing the voice of Christ. Did relating details of his encounter change ever change the belief of anyone - probably not. The believer still believed and uttered the Aramaic equivalent of "cool". The non-believers just thought he had suffered from sunstroke and was delusional. Such was my conversion, a very intense and personal experience. However I rarely discuss the details because it normally does no good, the believer still believes, the non-believer scoffs and still does not believe. My question is this: Are there any believers on this forum who have had a similar conversion experience by which they have come to know God and would they like to share that exprience with others. I guarantee that I will not scoff or laugh at you. Perhaps I might even post my experience. Unfortunately, we can expect the "skeptics" to post their usual snide comments but we care bear with those who wish to show their ignorance.

posted on Jul, 4 2003 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I saw one of these myself last night, jag.

Is there a reason why you refer to them as "Pauline" rather than "Paulian"? (Marketing hat on).

posted on Jul, 4 2003 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Reason I use Pauline is that is normally the term used to describe his theology (i. e., Pauline theology rather than Paulian theology).

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 01:28 AM
link   
My experience was interesting to say the least ( man in white coat time).

I feel that any conversion or acceptance experience is benificial to anyone that person shares that experience with-word of mouth is a great marketing tool(Masked AV!)...

top topics

join