It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Spreading Misinformation on Khashoggi to Protect Trump

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Do you think the average American gave a flying flip about Sergei Magnitsky?

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
I'm sorry, but Kashoggi is a minor issue. How many Blacks were killed by Blacks in Chicago today?

It's a non issue for the US. None of their business and rather hypocritical to be even discussing Govt executions.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: camain
a reply to: Southern Guardian

here's the bottom line. I want Saudi oil. I want it cheap. I don't care that some mouthy a-hole got dismembered because he was too stupid to realize, "hey you know what; all this crap I'm saying if they catch me, will probably kill me."

Well it did. end of story. Seriously what are the options? Lets go bomb yet another damn litter box and move turds around? Why; what will it accomplish. Let the saudi's do the saudi thing and be a-holes to their own people; and let americans do their thing and drive with our cheap gas and cry about the other political side.

To me; this is a none issue. They are guilty of one thing. Getting caught. you think every other government in the world doesn't pull this # too?

Camain

This is just the tip of the iceberg though. What about 9/11? What about them funding/training Boko Harem, Al Queda, ISIS, Talaban. How many US civilians and soldiers have they killed? but you still want to buy oil from tErrorists? Where do you draw the line?

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Apparently not.

What is the Magnitsky Act? How does it apply to Khashoggi’s case?

After the disappearance of prominent Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi, US Senators triggered the terms of the Global Magnitsky Act, which requires the president to investigate and determine if a foreign person is responsible for a extrajudicial killing, torture or other gross violation of internationally recognised human rights.

In a letter, signed by a bipartisan group of 22 Senators on Wednesday, Bob Corker, the Republican chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, demanded President Donald Trump probe any violations committed against Khashoggi.
………………..
What does it require the the White House do?

Upon receipt of a letter from a chairman and ranking member of one an appropriate House or Senate committees, the president has 120 days to determine if a foreign individual committed a human rights violation. A classified or unclassified report is then submitted to the committee explaining whether or not sanctions will be imposed, and if so, what sanctions.
www.wespeakupnews.com...

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   
OP, you should know that Jamal Khashoggi travelled extensively with Osama Bin Laden and knew him well.
That is not a conspiracy theory - it is fact.

It is also beyond doubt that he was a vocal supporter of the Muslim Brotherhood - seeing them as vital for democracy to thrive in the Middle East. His own words:

The eradication of the Muslim Brotherhood is nothing less than an abolition of democracy and a guarantee that Arabs will continue living under authoritarian and corrupt regimes. In turn, this will mean the continuation of the causes behind revolution, extremism and refugees — all of which have affected the security of Europe and the rest of the world. Terrorism and the refugee crisis have changed the political mood in the West and brought the extreme right to prominence there

Perhaps when you hear propaganda that someone else is spreading propaganda, be a bit more careful and look into it a bit more deeply. It's fair to say Jamal Khashoggi was a bit more complex than simply good or bad, but he certainly was not the paragon of virtue that he is being painted as by the liberal media as they try to make his murder somehow an angle to attack the President.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

It is non of the US's business - even if they MAKE it their business.
A foreigner being killed in a foreign land.
When the US stop assassinating people around the world, perhaps they will be listened to when it comes to human rights.
Until then, frankly, they can GFT.

edit on 20/10/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Your opinion is your opinion. Congress has a different opinion, and theirs is the only opinion that matters here.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Your opinion is your opinion. Congress has a different opinion, and theirs is the only opinion that matters here.

Their opinion is that they should meddle in other people's business - and you are correct, in terms of them meddling in other people's business it's their decision to do so.
Nonetheless, it is none of their business.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Kashoggi is unimportant.

Who cares if the Saudis killed one of their own terrorists?

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
Kashoggi is unimportant.

It's an odd one for sure - but I think we know why it is news.
I would have thought that there would be more outrage over the US Govt assassinating it's own citizens - and Americans in general (including on the left) would be a little less eager to start pointing fingers.

From The Guardian in 2013:

The most extremist power any political leader can assert is the power to target his own citizens for execution without any charges or due process, far from any battlefield. The Obama administration has not only asserted exactly that power in theory, but has exercised it in practice. In September 2011, it killed US citizen Anwar Awlaki in a drone strike in Yemen, along with US citizen Samir Khan, and then, in circumstances that are still unexplained, two weeks later killed Awlaki's 16-year-old American son Abdulrahman with a separate drone strike in Yemen.

Since then, senior Obama officials including Attorney General Eric Holder and John Brennan, Obama's top terrorism adviser and his current nominee to lead the CIA, have explicitly argued that the president is and should be vested with this power. Meanwhile, a Washington Post article from October reported that the administration is formally institutionalizing this president's power to decide who dies under the Orwellian title "disposition matrix".

When the New York Times back in April, 2010 first confirmed the existence of Obama's hit list, it made clear just what an extremist power this is, noting: "It is extremely rare, if not unprecedented, for an American to be approved for targeted killing."

The NYT quoted a Bush intelligence official as saying "he did not know of any American who was approved for targeted killing under the former president". When the existence of Obama's hit list was first reported several months earlier by the Washington Post's Dana Priest, she wrote that the "list includes three Americans".

Something should be done about this murder and KSA should be sanctioned, but the US should stay the hell away from the discussion.
edit on 20/10/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships
Umm...errr....this is awkward.

Are the Clintons part of the US government or GOP?

They have as much to do with the OP as a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
edit on 20-10-2018 by ErEhWoN because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

there is little difference between a consulate and embassy. It was saudi soil within Turkey. Thats why turkey has to get permission to enter. He was a resident, not a citizen, meaning he had permission to be here, however he did not have citizenship. The WP employs alot of foreignors, so what? Exxon does too, should we now deal with all the bull# that every international conglomerate everywhere in the world does business in? He may have been protected by human rights laws. SO WHAT! Then the UN should do something about it, and as the USA is too close to it, we should abstain. NOT ONE DAMN SOLDIER should be used to spilled blood there. NOR should sanctions be used that jack the price of gas up. You want to bally-who who about how life is unfair, great. Do it on your own damn dime, and you go to saudi arabia and do it on your own. Don't involve the rest of the USA in your bull#. We have had enough of trillion dollar wars that don't accomplish a damn thing.

I want my cheap gas, and more money in my pocket. IF the UN wants to do something, great, they can do it on their damn dime, otherwise, leave us out of it.

Camain

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Just more talk without proof everyone has an idea they think is right.
a reply to: Southern Guardian

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
OP, you should know that Jamal Khashoggi travelled extensively with Osama Bin Laden and knew him well.
That is not a conspiracy theory - it is fact.

It is also beyond doubt that he was a vocal supporter of the Muslim Brotherhood - seeing them as vital for democracy to thrive in the Middle East. His own words:

The eradication of the Muslim Brotherhood is nothing less than an abolition of democracy and a guarantee that Arabs will continue living under authoritarian and corrupt regimes. In turn, this will mean the continuation of the causes behind revolution, extremism and refugees — all of which have affected the security of Europe and the rest of the world. Terrorism and the refugee crisis have changed the political mood in the West and brought the extreme right to prominence there

Perhaps when you hear propaganda that someone else is spreading propaganda, be a bit more careful and look into it a bit more deeply. It's fair to say Jamal Khashoggi was a bit more complex than simply good or bad, but he certainly was not the paragon of virtue that he is being painted as by the liberal media as they try to make his murder somehow an angle to attack the President.

Why tie only Khashoggi to the Muslim Brotherhood?

The Royal Family are the extremists. They donated heavily to the Taliban and supported creating Madrassas around the world to preach their violent Wahhabi form of Islam..
You can not throw a stone at a crowd of Saudi Princes without hitting a Muslim brotherhood and Terrorist Supporter.

Saying Khashoggi was a Muslim Brotherhood Supporter is like saying most Saudis are Muslims.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: projectvxn
Kashoggi is unimportant.

It's an odd one for sure - but I think we know why it is news.
I would have thought that there would be more outrage over the US Govt assassinating it's own citizens - and Americans in general (including on the left) would be a little less eager to start pointing fingers.

From The Guardian in 2013:

The most extremist power any political leader can assert is the power to target his own citizens for execution without any charges or due process, far from any battlefield. The Obama administration has not only asserted exactly that power in theory, but has exercised it in practice. In September 2011, it killed US citizen Anwar Awlaki in a drone strike in Yemen, along with US citizen Samir Khan, and then, in circumstances that are still unexplained, two weeks later killed Awlaki's 16-year-old American son Abdulrahman with a separate drone strike in Yemen.

Since then, senior Obama officials including Attorney General Eric Holder and John Brennan, Obama's top terrorism adviser and his current nominee to lead the CIA, have explicitly argued that the president is and should be vested with this power. Meanwhile, a Washington Post article from October reported that the administration is formally institutionalizing this president's power to decide who dies under the Orwellian title "disposition matrix".

When the New York Times back in April, 2010 first confirmed the existence of Obama's hit list, it made clear just what an extremist power this is, noting: "It is extremely rare, if not unprecedented, for an American to be approved for targeted killing."

The NYT quoted a Bush intelligence official as saying "he did not know of any American who was approved for targeted killing under the former president". When the existence of Obama's hit list was first reported several months earlier by the Washington Post's Dana Priest, she wrote that the "list includes three Americans".

Something should be done about this murder and KSA should be sanctioned, but the US should stay the hell away from the discussion.

I agree we should stay away from the discussion but we should also end our death trade with the Saudis.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: camain

I want my cheap gas, and more money in my pocket. IF the UN wants to do something, great, they can do it on their damn dime, otherwise, leave us out of it.

Camain

Why do you want to support the Petrodollar?
Do you think Capitalism would fail if we relied on it alone?

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: camain

there is little difference between a consulate and embassy.

But, there is a difference. An Embassy's mission is to conduct government business. A consulate's mission is to protect and assist its country's citizens in the host country. www.differencebetween.net...

It was saudi soil within Turkey.

Nope.

Are American (or any other nation’s) embassies sovereign soil? The short answer, is no. An embassy is not sovereign soil of the represented country, the property belongs to the host country
dansdigitaldive.com...

This is why the US was able to evict those Russians, after Russia was sanctioned for interfering in the 2016 election. It's the reason immigrants aren't giving birth to American citizens in Embassy and Consulate bathrooms.

edit on 20-10-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Satire:

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Satire:

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: jacobe001

It was in response to the OP - specifically to the charge that it is somehow propaganda to say that this guy was an advocate of the Muslim Brotherhood. He was. Undeniably.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join