It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NTS Believe in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

Oh KG, you are being quite obtuse now.

I have no problem what Jesus may or may not think, it is of No relevance to my life.

And no where have I mocked Jesus, read again thankyou.

Yes, I have questioned peoples obsession with the whole story and myths......but haven't attacked your master.

Believe it or not, I think he actually existed, but not in the Holy way portrayed in the Book of Stories.

Anyway, you keep believing and living the faith, if you want.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Worship me or burn for eternity in torment!

Can you show me where you find that teaching
Outside of Jesus humanity is not eternal

Are you mixing your pagan beliefs and Christianity?

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Thankyou, for having an open mind on the subject, unlike some others.

Childlike....thankyou, a child always questions.....so I'll take that.

Keep your mind open, and dont stop learning.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: gort51

Yeah but it seems like you were condemning Christians who were questioning the bible and also condemning those who didn't

It doesn't matter what a Christian does, you don't agree so will find any reason to criticise

You didn't come here to question, you came here to attack, again childish.
To you this is s playground you can vent at your enemies

By all means question, I do, just don't think you know everything and you must also know you could be wrong

Again, my faith is not in or on the bible, it's words being perfect, my faith is in Jesus.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger

Fear Him who was immolated in Isaac, sold in Joseph, slain in the lamb, crucified in man, and then was triumphant over hell. It is hard for thee to wish to resist. It is hard for thee to kick against the pricks. Because the more slowly thou go out, the more the punishment against thee increases, since thou despises not men but Him who is Lord of the quick and the dead, who shall come to judge the quick and the dead, and the world by fire.

Ummm.. What hast thou saidth?

Did they sayth, "Kick against the pricks," it thou oldest daze? Now that is fascinating.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Perhaps it seems like that, but as you are aware, at no point have I Condemned any Christians, or wished them to eternal damnation or hell.......

As you have noticed, it is the so called "Christians" who have come on this thread all aggressive, have childishly called names,
tried to discredit anyone with an opposing opinion......just like the good old days.

Perhaps this is a Christian trait?

Lets not forget, the 10s of millions of people killed in the 2 World Wars.....Germany was a Christian Catholic Country, England was a Christian Anglican country. And lets not forget the inquisitions.

To all Christians, be happy, keep your faith if you wish, just remember the background of your cult/religion.
It is from the mind of Man.

edit on 19-10-2018 by gort51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   
We can all accept it, or we can deny it. As long as there's breath, there's Hope.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   

True or false:

Accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, or go to Hell for Eternity?

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

You made the comment not me
I asked where you learned your theology from, you made the statement not me

So, tell me, as a non Christian, where do you get that " burn in hell for eternity" belief from

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   

You are right, I would never defend the church or Christianity, there is blood on our hands
We are incomplete and weak
But If Jesus teaches killing is wrong, hating is wrong, that anger is wrong, then it's our issue not Christs

Atheism brought us Stalin, Mao Pol Pot to name just a few
Seems the problem is people doesn't it?
Hitler hated Christianity, his books are very clear

But I am guessing you would have any Christian nation opposed to him or his political bent stood down?
Damned if you do and damned if you don't
You dismiss logic entirely

You say it is from the mind of man, you are wrong in my opinion

And no, there is no biblical evidence that humans live eternally outside of Jesus

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   
You all are going to look pretty foolish if life is just a game. Getting mad or defending over nothing. I am betting on waking up in a future place where all thins is make believe. lol

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: gort51
a reply to: GBP/JPY

No Problem brother......BTW Who's that Roman Statue in your Avatar, and where is it?

Looks an interesting place to visit.....

man..... it's the biggest u s a solid granite statue....made by the early settlers pilgrims to note the curriculum steps to have a perfect society.......at the site of the pilgrims just inland a block.....
edit on 19-10-2018 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: gort51
a reply to: KansasGirl

Oh KG, you are being quite obtuse now.

I have no problem what Jesus may or may not think, it is of No relevance to my life.

And no where have I mocked Jesus, read again thankyou.

Yes, I have questioned peoples obsession with the whole story and myths......but haven't attacked your master.

Believe it or not, I think he actually existed, but not in the Holy way portrayed in the Book of Stories.

Anyway, you keep believing and living the faith, if you want.

but

Jesus was either a liar

Or a lunatic

Or God

But not a good teacher....not a prophet.....not an individual n society.....one of the three......choose

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger

Fear Him who was immolated in Isaac, sold in Joseph, slain in the lamb, crucified in man, and then was triumphant over hell. It is hard for thee to wish to resist. It is hard for thee to kick against the pricks. Because the more slowly thou go out, the more the punishment against thee increases, since thou despises not men but Him who is Lord of the quick and the dead, who shall come to judge the quick and the dead, and the world by fire.
nice

Made me think.....the book is the only one that addresses the beginning of time

Only one to say God is Spirit

Only one to say He calls us friends...the servants are not told the plan

Only one where God says " you are sojourners with Me in this

The only one that explains death

Onlyest to promise a return....wow

And the hero....at the end exclaims He has the keys to death and hell....my buddy pointed out

Since He had the keys to hell.............man.......he can close it down empty with no one there........he now has the keys....man...wow.
edit on 19-10-2018 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 10:44 PM
link   

I didn't see any name-calling by Christians in this thread. Who name-called? What name?

edit on 19-10-2018 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 04:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchandwait410
You all are going to look pretty foolish if life is just a game. Getting mad or defending over nothing. I am betting on waking up in a future place where all thins is make believe. lol

Wake up now and see and hear what there really is. You will never wake up in the future because in your experience it is always now.
Now is all there ever was or will be and now is not a thing.

Jesus came to teach the blind to see and the deaf to hear...........he tried to show that the ONE LIFE is non conceptual...wordless......life is showing up now as what there is. And then words and stories appear and are believed.....and what is appearing in plain sight is veiled in thought which makes fear happen.
Is there anything to fear right now or is a story about 'what will happen to me (in time)' producing the fear feeling?

All things are make believe - Alan Watts said 'thinking is thinging'.
When a thought appears............SEE that it is a thought.......it is not true.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Saved from what?

I should believe in the christ myth for what reason?

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek
The New Testament answer to that question is "saved from the adverse judgement of God".
"...Jesus, who delivers us from the wrath to come"- 1 Thessalonians ch1 v10
I come to that topic later in the series, though the theme of "Forgiveness of sin" (which is how the salvation takes place) will be covered in the near future.

edit on 20-10-2018 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

Wake up now and see and hear what there really is. You will never wake up in the future because in your experience it is always now.
Now is all there ever was or will be and now is not a thing.

Jesus came to teach the blind to see and the deaf to hear...........he tried to show that the ONE LIFE is non conceptual...wordless......life is showing up now as what there is. And then words and stories appear and are believed.....and what is appearing in plain sight is veiled in thought which makes fear happen.
Is there anything to fear right now or is a story about 'what will happen to me (in time)' producing the fear feeling?

All things are make believe - Alan Watts said 'thinking is thinging'.
When a thought appears............SEE that it is a thought.......it is not true.

You are to literal which is prolly why you can't imagine it. There are amazing things going on that has nothing to do with religion. All our points of view are not the same. I may not wake up in the future but I know that the past makes the future and the future makes the past. I also think time is all at once but we are trapped in a way only going forward.

Fear is real and so is love. Why fight it when you can embrace them and learn from both equally. If you don't then you are missing out on half the adventure called life.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   

I may not wake up in the future but I know that the past makes the future and the future makes the past. I also think time is all at once but we are trapped in a way only going forward.

Past is a word that happens now and future is a word that happens now.
Nothing can escape now.
Presence is all there is.....one without a second.

Fear is real and so is love.

Love is timeless being and fear is time.

Where is time if there is no thought?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join