It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NTS Believe in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Only going by what I have read, and various historical documentaries about the "Authors of these Various books" on tv....of which there were only a few.
It appears one or two of them wrote Many books........all 30-50+ years later.

They were apparently treated quite well at the time, and as the Romans adopted the cult, I mean Religion, for their own purpose, the Romans accorded them certain favours the ordinary Plebs did not receive.

Naturally, none of that is "written in the Bible".

edit on 19-10-2018 by gort51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus
I get it. You were talking to Gort in what was technically a reply to my post. Hence the confusion. O.K.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

originally posted by: gort51

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Worship me or burn for eternity in torment!

The "Authors" of these Books and "Gospels" became rich and famous at the times,

How about providing us a link for that ridiculous and very ignorant claim?

Just give us the author of the publication you read it in, even. Anything will do, as long as you let us know where you got that information.

CHEERS

Yep, word on the street

WORD on the STREET,....is them boys refused to recant faith.....even while hangin upside down being shot at and missed....but what shat at and hit!....

Hiya, my lady
edit on 19-10-2018 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Hey Ploto, That's Blasphemi!!

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

See above.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Only going by what I have read, and various historical documentaries about the "Authors of these Various books" on tv....of which there were only a few.

They were apparently treated quite well at the time, and as the Romans adopted the cult, I mean Religion, for their own purpose, the Romans accorded them certain favours the ordinary Plebs did not receive.

Do you think that's what it was like 2000 years ago? That people went around "writing books" and making money?

You need to open a real history book dude.

They didn't even have books in the Middle East 2000 years ago. They were scrolls, and the animal skins that had the words written on them were incredibly expensive and complicated to even prepare for being used. There were whole families whose entire existence revolved around learning, as they grew up into the family, how to make and prepare these surfaces (animal skins). It took time.

Furthermore, MOST people back then werent even literate (that means they couldn't read). People lived a subsistence lifestyle- that means they were only able to get, day to day, enough food and water and the other necessities of life to live. They didn't have supplies or extras.

So, the idea that people were writing books back then and getting rich- hopefully I've goven you enough information that you realize what an ignorant claim that is.

I think you got a bum rap on those "historical documentaries" you watched on TV.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

Hey GBP 😘

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Back to the message ...NTS Believe in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved... it is sound, and it is free.
John 3:16
β€œFor God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

Do you think that's what it was like 2000 years ago? That people went around "writing books" and making money?

You need to open a real history book dude.

They didn't even have books in the Middle East 2000 years ago. They were scrolls, and the animal skins that had the words written on them were incredibly expensive and complicated to even prepare for being used. There were whole families whose entire existence revolved around learning, as they grew up into the family, how to make and prepare these surfaces (animal skins). It took time.

Furthermore, MOST people back then werent even literate (that means they couldn't read). People lived a subsistence lifestyle- that means they were only able to get, day to day, enough food and water and the other necessities of life to live. They didn't have supplies or extras.

So, the idea that people were writing books back then and getting rich- hopefully I've goven you enough information that you realize what an ignorant claim that is.

I think you got a bum rap on those "historical documentaries" you watched on TV.
I never thought about that...I'm stuck figuring how they must have read and studied....I guess they had cyphering skills....nobody going to a book store exactly checking authors or which one was a best seller, exactly hehehe

Editt...y'all....that Kansasgirl, posts like a university level educator....am I right?

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
I never thought about that...I'm stuck figuring how they must have read and studied....I guess they had cyphering skills....nobody going to a book store exactly checking authors or which one was a best seller, exactly hehehe

So Revelation begins with a blessing on those who READ ALOUD the words of the book (so that the rest of the congregation can hear them).

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Oh Dear...."Books" that is a Bible/religious quote, not mine.

A quick 30 seconds search will turn up myriads of information and so called believers questioning the ridiculousness of the Bible "Gospels".......even by people of the Christian faith.

www.npr.org...

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Etc.

Have a look yourself. There are many more.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   

I could post so well focused and pertinent like that,
But I'm a street corner talkin!!

Sorry bout the shat at and hit ........nice of y as to put up with me

Wanted to say

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Indeed it is free. My hope for this series is to make it easier for modern people to understand how it works.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   

No Problem brother......BTW Who's that Roman Statue in your Avatar, and where is it?

Looks an interesting place to visit.....

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   

A quick 30 seconds search will turn up myriads of information and so called believers questioning the ridiculousness of the Bible "Gospels".......even by people of the Christian faith.

www.npr.org...

Etc.

So, which of my points are you addressing? Or are you ignoring my post but pretending you're responding, by pulling the "but everyone else thinks so too!" card?

And by the way: "book" isn't a "bible/religious" quote. I'm questioning if you know what the word "quote" means or how it's sometimes applied.

I hope that some day you look back and thank Jesus for not abandoning you during that time in your life when you mocked Him and His Word. I know it's possible, because I once did the same thing. You'll be in my prayers.
edit on 19-10-2018 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   

www.npr.org...

Etc.

So let me guess
If we Christians don't question the bible we are mindless idiots, if we do question the bible we are, what are you implying exactly?

Yes I question the bible, every thing I hear, everything Dis or anyone else around here writes or states or believes

Yet here I am, still believing in the bible, oh no wait, I believe in Jesus
The bible is s book, signpost pointing to Jesus
Bart Ehrman stated he believed the bible was inerrant, it was perfect, it's magic... I don't believe that, I believe Jesus is perfect, I didn't put my faith in a book like Ehrman did

As for those who wrote the bible, mostly died tragic deaths but you are right. The teachings were corrupted and used to build the Roman church.
Luther noted that and steered many people away from Rome
Won't find to many Roman Catholics around here
A lot of us here are Protestant, who don't believe what the Papacy teaches

Your knowledge re the subject is child like and your argument is just calling for a reaction
edit on 19-10-2018 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Yep, something bad happened for God's creation He made for His delight. Must be lonely at the top

He knew He had to give His blood for some reason. Said life is in the blood. That ladies and gents out there in creation, is put forth as a fact, easy to see the importance and mystery of the red stuff.

I remember, the first time I saw the pool of thick red stuff of that poor puppy of my neighbors....seeing it I was in shock.

God gave it up so you can be eternal is the word out there.....cost to you is free.....hehe...what

Yes free....knew uh huh! Dudes FREE.
Now take that ball and run with it mr.....its not you, Adam did it...pick up the ball

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY

I could post so well focused and pertinent like that,
But I'm a street corner talkin!!

Sorry bout the shat at and hit ........nice of y as to put up with me

Wanted to say

Nothing wrong with street corners!

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Just addressing your post, Sorry I can't remember the name of every documentary Ive seen on the subject, or article Ive read.

But the information is out there....of course, like yours, it is only their professional opinion.

You would have to travel back 2000 years to find out exactly what happened, not the distorted version presented since that time.

BTW, you would be surprised how people lived back then, they certainly didn't all have a subsistence living, during that period, many people lived in cities, had plenty of food, clean water and sewage.

Perhaps you aren't aware, but the Romans and other middle Eastern civilizations were quite sophisticated at the time.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: gort51

Fear Him who was immolated in Isaac, sold in Joseph, slain in the lamb, crucified in man, and then was triumphant over hell. It is hard for thee to wish to resist. It is hard for thee to kick against the pricks. Because the more slowly thou go out, the more the punishment against thee increases, since thou despises not men but Him who is Lord of the quick and the dead, who shall come to judge the quick and the dead, and the world by fire.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join