It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proudly displaying your flag while leaving your piece of snip country

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Unruhestifter

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: Unruhestifter

Labeling a flag and a pledge as sings of dictatorship while advocating for flying another flag because your proud is typical double standard and lack of critical thinking so.....

Were even

I never labeled a flag.

As a libertarian I do think a pledge is the anatehma of "freedom".

And I see no issue in flying the Puerto rican flag anymore than flying the New york state flag or Hawaian flag as they are ALL US FLAGS.

Maybe not but that was not the post I replied to now was it?

Nope..... Nice try to dodge tho

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: Nyiah

Because anyone w a thimble full of sense knows there's a difference between being proud of your HERITAGE and flag waiving for a country that's made you leave due to their own issues....

And some of the ancestors of these people today where I live weren't run off back then? You don't know that.

Is there an established time frame for when it's ok to wave around a flag of one's origin after immigrating? Your generation, a decade later? 3 generations down the road? When? Obviously, you seem to have some kind of pretzel logic time frame criteria going on for when you can flaunt your heritage, so you might want to elaborate and make clear when one should keep their roots to themselves, and after how long a moratorium they can be proud of their roots.

Heritage is heritage, it doesn't matter what the political battlefield looked for granny 60 years ago, or for someone else today. Lets get back to the Irish example I mentioned previously. If someone comes here from Ireland hopping off this morning's red-eye, can they still be proud to be Irish and wave the generally agreed upon symbol of their heritage around? Or is Irish pride & flag waving reserved for a drunkard party day?

I mean if you guys are so pro the flag waiving..... Why are the same people wanting to make the confederate flag illegal, or removing the pledge in our own country????

Because both of those were politically motivated events -- a civil war & a middle finger to the commies -- and not indicative of a distinct heritage?

The hypocrisy would be amusing if it wasn't so tragic and ignorant

The road works both ways, man. I suggest a step back and a deep breath.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
Somebody please explain this to me.
If your country is so bad, so poor, so violent, so inhabitable, so God awful that people are leaving in droves, why
are you displaying your flag so proudly?
One may be proud of one's nation and people without liking its government, right?

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Migrants burning our flags on their way here
Roughly 7000 but the expect it to grow to over 15,000. If they are successful, what will follow in wave 2, 3 or 4? These don't like people that love us or our country...even ideals.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: gortex

Forced or Seeking pick one.

Americans stay and fight we don't flee
VIETNAM!

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Kinda like waving the Confederate flag.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

That was the soberist post on this thread.

Thank you

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Fire a few shots into the air and see how quickly they scurry away. Like rats.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join