It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crimea attack: Gun attack at Kerch college kills 19

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
Conceited:
excessively proud of oneself; vain; boastful; arrogant; self-centered; narcissistic; haughty; snobbish; smug; stuck-up; snotty

The Blame Game and the Types of Toxic Personalities that Play It
Oh behave with your silly dictionary definitions, argue my specific points, don't go lame strawman ffs.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   
The Washington Post two days ago.
US News 2 days ago.
The Wall Street Journal yesterday.
ABC 2 days ago.

There are many more like Newsmax, NPR, Chicago Tribune, Yahoo, Reuters, the US version of RT and .....................

Did you look?

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555
Oh come on, it wasn't front page news like say if one kid had been shot in the US and you know exactly what I mean.
Nobody cares in media if it is not dead US kids, especially ATS.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

I saw a thread here the day this tragic event happened but it sadly got buried under the political topics very quickly.

I would post it here but search function is a bit crap and I’m on my mobile.

Lags
edit on 19-10-2018 by Lagomorphe because: I’m crap

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   

You seem to be saying the same about the UK reporting, right? It definitely got coverage in all the major media here if you look.

How do you know people don't care? That seems defamatory and angry to me.

You know why it's not a lead story don't you? We have the mid-terms coming up and all the oxygen is going to that, which I know is a local matter but it will be the lead in reporting for the next little while. It has nothing to do with whether people care or not.

We can't do anything about what happens in Crimea, so of course it's not as covered as local issues.

Also since this is primarily a US board, US topics will generally rule the day here.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe
I searched via google and got nothing...I never use ATS search, it really is crap.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: Lagomorphe
I searched via google and got nothing...I never use ATS search, it really is crap.

Found it : www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   

British guy started ATS though, you only get the majority because there are 300 odd million of you.
School shootings mean nothing on ATS unless a politician tells you it does. It is lame, and not angry on my side, more disappointed that Crimean kids mean # all to western media and ATS members.
edit on 19-10-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: typo

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   
See other thread... www.abovetopsecret.com...
Thread closed...this isn't about Kavanaugh so doesn't need 3 million threads lol, reply in the first one.

...I'm taking the piss with thread closed, of course I'm not a mod, but deaths of children outside of the US seem to only need one thread so I assume this one will be closed, lol, I've made my point well enough, cheers Lag's.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   

See other thread... www.abovetopsecret.com...
Thread closed...this isn't about Kavanaugh so doesn't need 3 million threads lol, reply in the first one.

...I'm taking the piss with thread closed, of course I'm not a mod, but deaths of children outside of the US seem to only need one thread so I assume this one will be closed, lol, I've made my point well enough, cheers Lag's.

Mr. Spock and others have explained to you very well why this isn’t a major news item for U.S. MSM outlets. You seem to want to ignore what others have said and just go off on some tangent as if you don’t have your own agenda.

1) Gun crimes only get reported in the U.S. when it fits the liberal agenda.

2) We can’t do anything about deaths in Crimea

3) We have a epic national election coming up in mere weeks which will have a far greater impact on Americans than what happens in Crimea

If you don’t want to believe those are the primary reasons then please continue on your pointless rant and believe whatever you fancy.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Nonsense.

What exactly would you have ATS members and Americans do about things happening in Crimea?

You find it strange that on a US based board, which it is, US topics would be the most common? Again, nonsense.

Is it the lead story where you are? Likely not because the UK can't do anything about Crimea either.

To take that and say that the people from other countries don't care is just hateful.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Hateful is a bit dramatic, try 'challenging' instead.
A school shooting of that magnitude would have a million threads if it happened in the US though, you know it.
...and a Brit from Swindon created ATS lol, but carry on being butt hurt by my comments, I don't care obviously.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   

I'm not hurt at all by it. It's just over the top to say Americans don't care, when there is nothing we can do about it. It's over the top to say that everyone on ATS does not care because they discuss what's relevant to them, things we can do something about.

Too much caffeine perhaps?

It's terrible that happened no matter where it happened, but we here can't do anything but say that its terrible. Assuming everyone does not care is more a case of your own biases clouding your view of this.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Nope, it's a balanced and reasoned opinion.
Two dead kids in a US school shooting make national news, multiple dead kids in Crimea don't make the front page.
Do you support that?

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   

don't know if breitbart had it on their page but it was on the news around the globe. horrible tragedy. in india 50 people were killed by a train, maybe you've heard about, maybe not. it's not always propaganda sometimes it's just paranoia.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: oloufo
Yeh I saw the train deaths, they came up on BBC trending more than the school shooting.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

You've made up your mind. If a story in Crimea does not get wall to wall coverage in the US, in the middle of election season, it means we don't care. Got it.

We will just have to disagree then.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Ah no, I'll meet you half way, tricky one, but you guys seem way more angry lol

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Ah no, I'll meet you half way, tricky one, but you guys seem way more angry lol

Probably because of you being so obtuse.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   

No it's just our crazy politicians, not us who are off the deep end.

What you see here is not even remotely representative of how it is here. Most of us get along just fine and don't hate anyone. We do get a little riled up come election time and for some election time is all the time, but not for most of us.

The debate is healthy until the nutty partisan activists get involved.

From what I read it's a bit more polite in the UK, but just as heated. But then like you, I'm limited to what I see in the media or online.

I think we can agree any mass shooting is a horrible thing and I doubt you could find many in the US who think any different than that.

Isn't it great though that we have the freedom to express our opinions without being locked up in gulag. I can stand in front of the White House and scream obscenities at the President if I wish and nobody will lock me up. With freedom though, comes tolerance of others views by necessity.

Americans not caring is a falsehood. We give and give and give to causes all over the world at levels not seen elsewhere as proof we care.

The media covers local stuff ahead of world affairs for what should be obvious reasons it seems to me. Not because Americans don't care. As I demonstrated they did cover this story. Here people tend to concentrate on local affairs also, for what should be obvious reasons.

Thanks for the debate.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join