It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crimea attack: Gun attack at Kerch college kills 19

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   
50 or so shot as well but not a thing on ATS, it wasn't US folk who died.
I'm not even making a story about it, just pointing out the difference people feel between US lives and lives lost in other countries,
www.bbc.co.uk...

Until now, if you had told people in Crimea there had been a mass school shooting, most would have thought you were talking about the United States. Now all that has changed. The shooting spree in the Kerch Polytechnic has left the peninsula, annexed by Russia from Ukraine in 2014, in shock. But should it come as such a surprise?
Sad the world is like this. If it ain't 'murica then the narrative is sidelined.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Well gosh-a-mighty, where were you when it happened??

Two days ago. You've been here everyday since it happened. So instead of reporting it, you're going to use a tragedy to attempt to make some inconsequential point.

OK, have at it.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
I'm not even making a story about it, just pointing out the difference people feel between US lives and lives lost in other countries,
www.bbc.co.uk...

Until now, if you had told people in Crimea there had been a mass school shooting, most would have thought you were talking about the United States. Now all that has changed. The shooting spree in the Kerch Polytechnic has left the peninsula, annexed by Russia from Ukraine in 2014, in shock. But should it come as such a surprise?
Sad the world is like this. If it ain't 'murica then the narrative is sidelined.

It's not because of that, it's because the narrative has to be pushed to take away our 2A and to do it you need to use "your people" victims to make it hit home.

Its typical propaganda stuff.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   

www.bbc.co.uk...

So now it's my fault I haven't heard a single news story about this until now??

I'm not gonna make a big deal out of the ridiculousness of some people and their thought (or lack thereof) process.

Sad the world is like this....

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull
I only heard about it today...my state media didn't make it front page news like it does for US mass shootings. You got an issue with me about that?
Honestly, 2 kids get shot in a US school and it's all over the media, Crimean kids are not so newsworthy though it seems.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   

a reply to: seagull
I only heard about it today...my state media didn't make it front page news like it does for US mass shootings. You got an issue with me about that?
Honestly, 2 kids get shot in a US school and it's all over the media, Crimean kids are not so newsworthy though it seems.

Once again, the media(world media it seems) is all in a concerted effort to disarm american citizens. This shooting does ZERO to help perpetuate that.

THAT is why it isn't drug all over the news cycles.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

this is ats, your supposed to repost things reported by the msm, then tell us that you don't pay attention to the msm.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Surprised your democrats didn't publicise it for gun control.
Sad the UK media doesn't give the same # about dead Ukrainian kids as it does US ones though.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Sad the UK media doesn't give the same # about dead Ukrainian kids as it does US ones though.

They don't care about either.

The question should be why does the UK participate in the campaign to disarm americans?

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

The question should be why does the UK participate in the campaign to disarm americans?
Lol what evidence do you have to support such a wild statement? BBC reporting the news? Is that all you got? They didn't even make it front page.
The premise of your argument is clearly flawed.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

Lol what evidence do you have to support such a wild statement? BBC reporting the news? Is that all you got? They didn't even make it front page.
The premise of your argument is clearly flawed.

I'm confused, you seem to have supported my comment with your very OP, unless I'm missing something.

"If it ain't 'murica then the narrative is sidelined."

What do you mean?

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock
Nobody gave a toss about the Crimean shootings, people in the media chose not to make it a story. My point is pretty obvious.
Now you know the story you are just crying BBC propaganda and gun control in the US.
I'm crying for dead and wounded young people who ATS members don't give a # about because it ain't in 'Murica.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Nobody gave a toss about the Crimean shootings, people in the media chose not to make it a story. My point is pretty obvious.
Now you know the story you are just crying BBC propaganda and gun control in the US.
I'm crying for dead and wounded young people who ATS members don't give a # about because it ain't in 'Murica.

So nobody cares, because you say so.

OOoooookkkk, posting from the pub ehh mate?

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   
What are the gun laws in the Crimea? I'm not finding much information, all I know is that it claims they are "strict" but at the same time it appears you can purchase a legal firearm there. In addition there are many stories about a lot of illegal arms being trafficked through that region in the last few years.

Anyone know anything yet?

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   
It seems that way to me, from international media to ATS members. You going on about gun control where tf did that idea come from?

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   

I think that's unfair.

You can't blame everyone at once for something that isn't even their fault.

There's no reason to be a huge jerk and spit on everyone while sitting up on that high horse.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   

It seems that way to me, from international media to ATS members. You going on about gun control where tf did that idea come from?

It's my assumption, and probably a good one, that the reason this wasn't on the news was because it's not part of the usual(gun control) agenda that puts all our school shootings on world news.

That's a more valid theory, than the caring more about US shootings vs Crimea Shootings.
edit on 19-10-2018 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-10-2018 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Conceited:
excessively proud of oneself; vain; boastful; arrogant; self-centered; narcissistic; haughty; snobbish; smug; stuck-up; snotty

The Blame Game and the Types of Toxic Personalities that Play It

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Oh behave, the UK is not involved in a campaign to reduce gun ownership in the US.
You got some sources for your silly claims?
Fact is, western media didn't give a # about a horrendous mass killing at a school outside of 'Murica.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Oh behave, the UK is not involved in a campaign to reduce gun ownership in the US.
You got some sources for your silly claims?
Fact is, western media didn't give a # about a horrendous mass killing at a school outside of 'Murica.

Our media sucks, it's highly focused on the US and rarely mentions much smaller world events. Unless theirs some propaganda benefit to it.

I wouldn't look at the media, and what they report, as an indicator of what ANY normal american cares about.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join