It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9 of the last 10 threads

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I posted a legit news article in a news forum awhile back and it got deleted for political trolling! WTH?!

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

I wish there were an option to filter out all the political threads!

Oh! Board suggestion.
I like that one

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24

I posted a legit news article in a news forum awhile back and it got deleted for political trolling! WTH?!

I had one sent to the trash bin five hours after I posted it.
Someone complained.
It's all fun and games until someone gets offended.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
We should all grab our cameras and go stare at the sky for 3 hours.. one of us will have to have something to create a thread about???

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Justso

Totally disagree. ATS used to be a good time for reading so many people sharing information and actually pontificating at a high level and respect for one another.

Now it's politics (and nasty ones at that) all the time. Hardly matters what area you may be reading.

From where I sit, it does seem to be a crowd mentality-and the same members trashing non-political subjects and it's really getting old.

Apparently, I am not alone in this view. It is apparently starting to effect alot of members who used to be here alot and now have pretty much disappeared. Sad to see them go as they were the respectful, fun deep thinkers and why I used to love ATS.

Is this the Trump effect? See how I did that.

That's the irony. Had they not left, but instead contributed, they wouldn't have left the discourse to those they complain about.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I dont believe I suggested ruining anyone's good time. But as you say, it's an internet forum so I'm free to express my opinion and you are free to not participate.

Exactly right. Not too hard, is it?

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   

I suggested renaming ATS once (to BRATS)

Thread got disappeared

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   
You'll hear no complaining from the higher ups.

This becoming an all politics website has probably only brought more and more people (and money) in. Why would any businessmen complain about extra income?

Politics are good for money. Tabloid stuff even better.

Political tabloid stuff = Pure Gold.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: NiNjABackflip

I dont believe I suggested ruining anyone's good time. But as you say, it's an internet forum so I'm free to express my opinion and you are free to not participate.

Exactly right. Not too hard, is it?

The issue for me is when people bring their own discussions into a thread that has nothing to do with politics. We can all avoid the political threads if we want, but someone is bound to bring politics into a thread that has nothing to do with it. The megathread about the observatory in NM turned into a Republican/Democrat slugfest for a little bit. That was the most interesting thread I've seen on here in months, and that ruined it for me. I understood the need for some political discussion in the thread, it was the government that shut the observatory down after all. However, it didn't have to turn into a "my party is better" battle for several pages.
Keep politics out of non-political threads.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogany

Clicks mean money. No argument there.
That's why I suggest renaming.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: lakenheath24

I dont mind politics and the threads talking politics but it just feels like to much.

I thought it would die down after the election. Dear lord was I wrong!

The REEEEEEE never ceases in our country does it?

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky
a reply to: schuyler

But that is the greatest conspiracy of today's age, those that still think politics is real. It is interesting to see the time devoted and the emotions tied to a person's political beliefs. It is also great seeing the ever increasing numbers of people that shout from the rooftops that politics is all a scam, put on to distract us and make us think like we actually have a say in our slavery.

Then ATS is a great place for you. Congrats. But for UFOs and the like, not so much anymore.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogany
You'll hear no complaining from the higher ups.

This becoming an all politics website has probably only brought more and more people (and money) in. Why would any businessmen complain about extra income?

Politics are good for money. Tabloid stuff even better.

Political tabloid stuff = Pure Gold.

Traffic though actually seems to be down.

Not only that but I think the number of unique visitors must be falling. Seems like its the same 100-200 or so members who post.

This place used to be much busier.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: narrator

We need more admin opinion on this situation. Too many good threads are ruined by politics and it isn't cute or funny.

I've had to quit reading an intersting thread when it gets diverted to R and D.

Maybe a rule of sticking to the subject-or is that alreay a rule? Needs more enforcing.

For me, I am trying just not to read the mudpit. It is too charged. Learn nothing.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
a reply to: narrator

We need more admin opinion on this situation. Too many good threads are ruined by politics and it isn't cute or funny.

I've had to quit reading an intersting thread when it gets diverted to R and D.

Maybe a rule of sticking to the subject-or is that alreay a rule? Needs more enforcing.

For me, I am trying just not to read the mudpit. It is too charged. Learn nothing.

I'm fairly certain it's already a rule, or at least it used to be, as I've seen plenty of posts get removed with the explanation of "off-topic post removed to prevent thread drift" or whatever the exact language is.

I'm in complete agreement, the Mud Pit is an echo chamber with no real discussion anymore.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

You can political discussion anywhere.
That's bound to water down site traffic especially when you consider how antiquated ats has become.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

That's bound to water down site traffic especially when you consider how antiquated ats has become.

I wrote about this before its not just about politics though to blame for that its also down to just poor site functionality.
PM's don't work properly, at times the site just doesn't load....hell, I can't even get punctuation in a thread title.

SkepticOverLord left long ago, ATS just sits in the background I think for the owners quietly generating money as they work on other projects.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   

I agree. Bandaid fixes.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

originally posted by: Jefferton
You seem pretty active in political threads.

Why the all of a sudden dislike?

Most likely it’s because this political crap is getting out of hand. Too many people falling for the drivel that gets sent to us peasants. We want our aliens back.

Where were you in 2016? ATS has not "gotten out of hand". It's been this way for a few years now. Just wait. November will bring a whole new group of sky screamers. 2020? Oh man. An ocean of tears.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I wrote about this before its not just about politics though to blame for that its also down to just poor site functionality.

ATS has been on autopilot for some time. They don't even have money for fixes, much less improvements.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join