It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sweden Declares 'Hand Grenade Amnesty' In Attempt To Stop Explosive Gang Violence

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Grenade Gang Gang!

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: galadofwarthethird
a reply to: ScepticScot

Well considering that New York alone, has a bit less the population then the whole country of Sweden. But if you put in long island as well, then its way over there population of Sweden by a few million. That and if there answer to grenades are a armistice. Oh ya! They just likely got started on the fun fabulous world of crimes and stupid #. Give them time, I am sure they will get it eventually.

Having fifth the rate homicide when there population and issues is on the order of a magnitude smaller then a fraction of that. Means absolutely nothing in the scope of things. Its like saying China has more Chinese restaurants, then Bolivia does. Its kind of like a..DUH! moment.

But hey, heres to them figuring out this little grenade issue.

They got a good start in checking for grenades when importing things in. As per the new law or rule they are trying to implement.

The key word is rate. In this case rate per 100,000 of population. Or too put it another way you are 5x as likely to be murdered in the US compared to Sweden.

So no not like saying China has more Chinese restaurants than Bolivia at all.

edit on 21-10-2018 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Sweden again... You guys... Hahaha...

Sweden is a much nicer and much happier place than the U. S could ever hope for...

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 06:00 AM
link   

lol "Sweden's homicide rate is about a fifth of America's" but Sweden only has 9.995m people compared to America's 327.5m people. So unless you were talking proportionally or per 100,000, that statistic is ridiculously high (for a country with a population so much smaller than America's).

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: RedEyes619

lol "Sweden's homicide rate is about a fifth of America's" but Sweden only has 9.995m people compared to America's 327.5m people. So unless you were talking proportionally or per 100,000, that statistic is ridiculously high (for a country with a population so much smaller than America's).

Again word is rate. See above.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: NiNjABackflip

Lol that scetptic scot guy is like an 8 year old, what a clown, wouldnt give him the steam off my turd never mind argue with him. Grow up scotty boy.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 11:09 PM
link   

The key word is rate. In this case rate per 100,000 of population. Or too put it another way you are 5x as likely to be murdered in the US compared to Sweden.

Am i now. You know just from some of those links on Sweden grenade issues. They seem to have people picking up grenades that were just rolling down the streets and scratching there head on what that is. And don't know about guns, not likely to be shot, though I think everybody around me every neighbor has a gun.

But your right it may be more likely then if I were in Sweden. But then again I think car crashes are more of a worry then guns or even grenades, or bears, they are more likely more that I would have to worry about, that and bigfoot. It just depends on were you at in any daily situation.

But whatever. Ever heard that statistic that found out that 90% of all statistics are bull#? But anyways, who knows it can happen, maybe if you go for a midnight ride through drug filled crime and gang riden Detroit, but then again why would I do that, most especially unarmed?

And even there they don't have grenades just laying around in the street.

So lets just agree that I am right and you are wrong.

Or if you prefer, apples and oranges. You can be on the apples team and I will be on the oranges team.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: RedEyes619

Who knows what the guy is trying to get at I mean Sweden is at 1.14 according to the google. And New York is at 3.4. Which is higher, but its New York. Who know what someplace like Pennsylvania may be,I could not even find number to Pennsylvania, but some sites that said some town in there claimed they have had no crime, and especially in Amish country or the like, maybe somebody stole somebody chicken or cow, And I am sure they have homicides in the state, but not likely to be as high as New York, or definitely not the 18.6 homicide rate of Chicago.

But then again when you comparing a European country basically the size of a state with a average population, to a whole country a hundred times bigger then that, with a much more diverse people and cultures varying from place to place and way different histories and laws. Well ya, its stupid.

But then again.

Considering that Sweden just found out that they should check for grenades on all the new people there letting in. Ya! Its Apples and Oranges here.
edit on 11pmSundaypm212018f0pmSun, 21 Oct 2018 23:28:19 -0500 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rhombus101

Lol that scetptic scot guy is like an 8 year old, what a clown, wouldnt give him the steam off my turd never mind argue with him. Grow up scotty boy.

Pretty.sure I wouldn't want the steam of your turd thanks.

Assume the insult is because you don't actually have any valid points.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

Thought was fairly easy to understand. Thread about how crime ridden Sweden has become ignoring that it's far far safer place to live than US.

Will take your feedback on board and be more explicit in future.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

originally posted by: NiNjABackflip

How does it have a rape problem?

Rape rate: Countries Compared

And why you can't compare recorded rapes by country has been covered in excruciating detail on this site many times as well you know.

Yet you and others keep on with these claims.

So you ask for evidence, it's given to you, and then you move the goalposts.

Do you ever look in the mirror and have the slightest question how far the leftist agenda has rotted your cognition?

SWEDEN HAD ONE OF THE LOWEST RAPE RATES IN THE WORLD BEFORE MASS IMMIGRATION.

You wonder why Europeans are rapidly becoming nationalist and conservative??? BECAUSE OF PEOPLE LIKE YOU.

edit on 22-10-2018 by 8675309jenny because: Attempt to be slightly less abrasive.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: 8675309jenny

originally posted by: ScepticScot

originally posted by: NiNjABackflip

How does it have a rape problem?

Rape rate: Countries Compared

And why you can't compare recorded rapes by country has been covered in excruciating detail on this site many times as well you know.

Yet you and others keep on with these claims.

So you ask for evidence, it's given to you, and then you move the goalposts.

Do you ever look in the mirror and have the slightest question how far the leftist agenda has rotted your cognition?

SWEDEN HAD ONE OF THE LOWEST RAPE RATES IN THE WORLD BEFORE MASS IMMIGRATION.

You wonder why Europeans are rapidly becoming nationalist and conservative??? BECAUSE OF PEOPLE LIKE YOU.

The agenda is those deliberately misrepresenting stats despite having it explained to them multiple times.

What part of Sweden records rape differently do you struggle to understand?

Maybe you could start by thinking about why other European countries with high levels of migration have don't have similar rape rates?
edit on 22-10-2018 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

They record grenade stats differently in Sweden.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 01:00 AM
link   

K! Cool. But still just saying, would be better to at least compare it to the same type of populations or even landmass size, or even same type of historical culture. But what you said was a blank statement. Would be better if you compare it to different states in the US in the same ruff size and population.

In which case, Sweden still has a pretty low crime and homicide rate on most of them. But then again just depends on which state your comparing it to. As I do not care which is which, I think I shall leave it at that. I am only on this thread because I thought people were playing hot potato with grenades.

But I see now even that is in such a low statistic, its practically insignificant.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Do they, most places dont have grenade stat records ya know. Now what would that say about Sweden?

And if we go by records of grenade stats, then places like the congo or middle east would have zero grenade death. Simply because nobody is recording them. While other places....Well, you know. Stats and facts, are funny things.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join