It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sweden Declares 'Hand Grenade Amnesty' In Attempt To Stop Explosive Gang Violence

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: NiNjABackflip
Who knew Sweden would have a hand grenade problem, and that it would overshadow their rape problem?

All part of the same problem. After the wars in the former Communist East European countries, there was a surplus of AK47's, grenades and other munitions. These made their way to Western Europe along the same routes that the asylum seekers and illegal immigrants used.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
why the hell are ya'll putting up with this # in Europe?

Mostly because it is concentrated in small regions in every country. With Sweden, the immigrants are concentrated into Malmo. In Norway, they are concentrated in Oslo. With the UK, they are in London, Birmingham, Leeds and the other major cities. The majority of natives moved out long ago.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: infolurker

How does one seize a hand grenade post detonation?

The logistics are mind boggling!

My guess is the rules makers for stats decided exploded grenades go into the seized category because they are not longer in circulation.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   

a reply to: ScepticScot

That is actually comically pathetic.

You make a claim you know to be wrong.

You provide a link you know doesn't support your claim.

You try and backtrack on your claim.

You then try and make it the responsibility of others to disprove your claim.

Genius.

I asked a question, genius. You made the claim that sweden doesn't have a rape problem any more than any other country. I refuted it with statistics. You dismissed the statistics, saying countries rape statistics cannot be compared, refuting your own statement that sweden doesnt have a rape problem any more than any other country.

You've revealed your ignorance, your double standards, and your agenda.

Your question was based on your (inaccurate) claim. By persisting in your false claim its clear you are the one with the agenda.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

Genius.

I asked a question, genius. You made the claim that sweden doesn't have a rape problem any more than any other country. I refuted it with statistics. You dismissed the statistics, saying countries rape statistics cannot be compared, refuting your own statement that sweden doesnt have a rape problem any more than any other country.

Your question was based on your (inaccurate) claim. By persisting in your false claim its clear you are the one with the agenda.

How do you know the Sweden's rape problem isn't worse than anywhere else if you cannot compare the statistics between countries?

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Genius.

How do you know the Sweden's rape problem isn't worse than anywhere else if you cannot compare the statistics between countries?

Don't even bother. You're arguing with a brick wall.

His only goal is to waste your time.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Genius.

It appears I need to retract my earlier comment regarding your status as not an idiot.

Is there any other evidence free beliefs you have that other people need to provide evidence against?

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lulpin

Genius.

Excellent someone else who doesn't understand how evidence works.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Genius.

It appears I need to retract my earlier comment regarding your status as not an idiot.

Is there any other evidence free beliefs you have that other people need to provide evidence against?

Can't answer the question, can you?

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   
don't mind me...

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Genius.

Can't answer the question, can you?

Thanks for ruining Infolurkers thread guys, you did a great job and should be proud of yourselves...

Pathetic...

Lags

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

Who knew Sweden would have a hand grenade problem, and that it would overshadow their rape problem?

Sweden doesn't have a rape problem. Or at least no more than anywhere else does.

Sweden has a rape problem, and most of the convicted attackers are foreign born.

How does it have a rape problem?

And so the feigning ignorance and double talk will commence.

Please people, don't fall for the moving goal post and usual tactics meant to derail.

Nope it was an evidence free statement.

If someone is claiming sweden has a rape problem ( by which I assume they mean relative to other countries) then they need to say why and provide evidence.

Ignorance is those making fact free claims.

A frequently cited source when comparing Swedish rape statistics internationally is the regularly published report by the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC). In 2012, according to the report by UNODC, Sweden was quoted as having 66.5 cases of reported rapes per 100,000 population,[35] based on official statistics by Brå.[36] This is the highest number of reported rape of any nation in the report.

Rape in Sweden

Your own link

The UNODC itself discourages any cross-national comparisons based on their reports, because of the differences that exist between legal definitions, methods of offense counting and crime reporting.

I'm not comparing. I'm saying 66.5 cases of reported rapes per 100,000 population is a rape problem.

Right and not wearing a condom for consensual sex and many other terms people don't even get in trouble for in the us are called rape.

You guys need to get out from the basement and actually travel. Europe is not a wasteland by any means. Just got back from Barcelona, I go to Europe regularly and while their is more graffiti and problems it certainly isn't at US level of crime.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

A broom/dustpan, or a sponge??

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheMadTitan

originally posted by: infolurker

According to police figures, 43 hand grenades were seized in Sweden last year, of which 21 had been detonated. In 2016, 55 were seized, of which 35 had detonated.

How does one 'seize' a detonated grenade? A detonated grenade has surely exploded into a thousand pieces and the definition of seize is 'to take forcefully' ? Did the person who detonated the grenade pick up all the pieces afterwards and then those pieces were seized? So many questions.

Haha I was going to ask the same thing, but figured someone beat me to it. I think it means 55 were seized, and 35 were set off, making 90 of them total that they know about?

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Genius.

What evidence? You haven't provided evidence of anything. You just keep telling Ninja that he's wrong.
That is not evidence, that is denial.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Genius.

What evidence? You haven't provided evidence of anything. You just keep telling Ninja that he's wrong.

Once more, it's the one making the claim who has to provide the evidence. Since Ninja doesn't even seem to know what the claim he was making is I doubt we are going to see any.

Still for those who haven't read (or claimnot to have read) any of the threads on this

www.snopes.com...

Or

debunkingdenialism.com...

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Genius.

Once more, it's the one making the claim who has to provide the evidence. Since Ninja doesn't even seem to know what the claim he was making is I doubt we are going to see any.

Still for those who haven't read (or claimnot to have read) any of the threads on this

www.snopes.com...

Or

Those sources are a load of bollocks. If that is your evidence then you've just wasted several hours trying to prove a point that holds no weight.

WTF planet are you on bro? We DO NOT live in a Utopia. The world is not a nice place and you need to pull your head out of the clouds...

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Genius.

www.snopes.com...

Or

Those sources are a load of bollocks. If that is your evidence then you've just wasted several hours trying to prove a point that holds no weight.

WTF planet are you on bro? We DO NOT live in a Utopia. The world is not a nice place and you need to pull your head out of the clouds...

Bolocks why? Because you say so?

Discussion isn't about niceness or otherwise of world so it seems your post is "a load of bollocks"'

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

A grenade amnesty? That's hilarious. Do they actually think that those who bought and grenades and some with intent to use them will just turn them in? It defeats the whole purpose of purchasing a grenade for nefarious purposes in the first place. Duh!

Or maybe they are just trying to get the regular swedes who for some wacky reason bought a grenade and thought of learning to juggle with them. Most likely.

Anyways grenades are not toys. Sure they look like toys, and are fun to play with, even that hot potato game. And its all fun and games till somebody losses a hand, and foot, and chest area, and a head or two. Oh ya! Grenades there definitely not toys, people shouldn't just be leaving them on the street like a story in a link said, or tossing them around or whatever is going on there in Sweden.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Well considering that New York alone, has a bit less the population then the whole country of Sweden. But if you put in long island as well, then its way over there population of Sweden by a few million. That and if there answer to grenades are a armistice. Oh ya! They just likely got started on the fun fabulous world of crimes and stupid #. Give them time, I am sure they will get it eventually.

Having fifth the rate homicide when there population and issues is on the order of a magnitude smaller then a fraction of that. Means absolutely nothing in the scope of things. Its like saying China has more Chinese restaurants, then Bolivia does. Its kind of like a..DUH! moment.

But hey, heres to them figuring out this little grenade issue.

They got a good start in checking for grenades when importing things in. As per the new law or rule they are trying to implement.
edit on 1amSundayam212018f0amSun, 21 Oct 2018 01:41:30 -0500 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join