It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sweden Declares 'Hand Grenade Amnesty' In Attempt To Stop Explosive Gang Violence

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: NiNjABackflip
a reply to: ScepticScot

How does it have a rape problem?

Rape rate: Countries Compared

Looks like the information in that link only goes to 2010, and sweden still is almost 2.5 times higher than the US. I'd have to assume in the last 8 years that their rate has only gotten worse.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

And why you can't compare recorded rapes by country has been covered in excruciating detail on this site many times as well you know.

Yet you and others keep on with these claims.

"Ignorance is those making fact free claims."

You have been in those other threads so your persistence in making the claim seems like wilful Ignorance.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

Who knew Sweden would have a hand grenade problem, and that it would overshadow their rape problem?

Sweden doesn't have a rape problem. Or at least no more than anywhere else does.

Sweden has a rape problem, and most of the convicted attackers are foreign born.

And so the feigning ignorance and double talk will commence.

Please people, don't fall for the moving goal post and usual tactics meant to derail.

Nope it was an evidence free statement.

If someone is claiming sweden has a rape problem ( by which I assume they mean relative to other countries) then they need to say why and provide evidence.

Ignorance is those making fact free claims.

A frequently cited source when comparing Swedish rape statistics internationally is the regularly published report by the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC). In 2012, according to the report by UNODC, Sweden was quoted as having 66.5 cases of reported rapes per 100,000 population,[35] based on official statistics by Brå.[36] This is the highest number of reported rape of any nation in the report.

Rape in Sweden

Your own link

The UNODC itself discourages any cross-national comparisons based on their reports, because of the differences that exist between legal definitions, methods of offense counting and crime reporting.

I'm not comparing. I'm saying 66.5 cases of reported rapes per 100,000 population is a rape problem.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Who knew Sweden would have a hand grenade problem, and that it would overshadow their rape problem?

Sweden doesn't have a rape problem. Or at least no more than anywhere else does.

Sweden has a rape problem, and most of the convicted attackers are foreign born.

Please people, don't fall for the moving goal post and usual tactics meant to derail.

If someone is claiming sweden has a rape problem ( by which I assume they mean relative to other countries) then they need to say why and provide evidence.

A frequently cited source when comparing Swedish rape statistics internationally is the regularly published report by the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC). In 2012, according to the report by UNODC, Sweden was quoted as having 66.5 cases of reported rapes per 100,000 population,[35] based on official statistics by Brå.[36] This is the highest number of reported rape of any nation in the report.

Rape in Sweden

Your own link

The UNODC itself discourages any cross-national comparisons based on their reports, because of the differences that exist between legal definitions, methods of offense counting and crime reporting.

I'm not comparing. I'm saying 66.5 cases of reported rapes per 100,000 population is a rape problem.

1 rape per 100,000 is a problem. Sweden doesn't have any more of a problem than other countries.

link   

Rape in Sweden

"The UNODC itself discourages any cross-national comparisons based on their reports, because of the differences that exist between legal definitions, methods of offense counting and crime reporting.[35] In 2013, of the 129 countries listed in the UNODC report, a total of 67 countries had no reported data on rape.[24][35] Some majority-Muslim countries missing data—for example Egypt—classifies rape as assault.[39][40] A crime survey funded by the UN and published in The Lancet Global Health concluded that almost a quarter of all men admit to rape in parts of Asia.[41][42] Some of the countries with the highest percentage of men admitting rape in that study, China and Bangladesh for instance, are also not listed or have relatively low numbers of reported rape in the UNODC report.[35]"

Interesting, though not surprising that certain countries alter their data and methods of reporting.

link   

And why you can't compare recorded rapes by country has been covered in excruciating detail on this site many times as well you know.

You have been in those other threads so your persistence in making the claim seems like wilful Ignorance.

"Nope it was an evidence free statement. "

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Glad you agree, I assume that is your retraction?

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Rape in Sweden

Your own link

1 rape per 100,000 is a problem. Sweden doesn't have any more of a problem than other countries.

Yes it does, because most of the convicted attackers are foreign born.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   

No, I'm pointing out that you don't abide by your own standards.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   

No, I'm pointing out that you don't abide by your own standards.

How so. You claimed sweeden has a rape problem.and your evidence was national comparison stats you know to be a flawed comparison.

Wilful ignorance.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Around 12,000 illegal firearms were handed over to police between February 1st and April 30th during that amnesty period. However most were old hunting rifles and only a few could be linked to the criminal world.

Just gonna leave that right here... just in case anyone wants to read it. A couple of times maybe.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   

How so. You claimed sweeden has a rape problem.and your evidence was national comparison stats you know to be a flawed comparison.

Wilful ignorance.

Your evidence that Sweden doesn't have a rape problem was...what exactly?

I also claimed most of the rapes were from foreign born attackers, which, on top of the frequency of rapes, is another part of the problem. You have yet to address this point.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Wilful ignorance.

I also claimed most of the rapes were from foreign born attackers, which, on top of the frequency of rapes, is another part of the problem. You have yet to address this point.

You have yet to provide any evidence for either part of your claim.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Wilful ignorance.

He won't provide any, the point is to keep you talking in circles while providing no actual arguement, see his post below yours.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Wilful ignorance.

He won't provide any, the point is to keep you talking in circles while providing no actual arguement, see his post below yours.

Against it's those making the claim that need to provide the evidence.

But since you asked

www.snopes.com...

edit on 19-10-2018 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Wilful ignorance.

I did, but you dismissed it.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Wilful ignorance.

I did, but you dismissed it.

And since you aren't an idiot and have been on threads where this has been covered you know fine well why it wasn't evidence for your claim.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   

And since you aren't an idiot and have been on threads where this has been covered you know fine well why it wasn't evidence for your claim.

It was you who compared them to other countries:

That's an evidence free claim. I furnished you with the evidence, and you dismissed it without evidence.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   

That's an evidence free claim. I furnished you with the evidence, and you dismissed it without evidence.

It was you in your first link who provided the national comparison. but to humour you on what other way do you mean Sweden has a rape problem?

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   

It was you in your first link who provided the national comparison. but to humour you on what other way do you mean Sweden has a rape problem?

I did, because it refuted your claim.

But it turns out I didn't need to because you refuted yourself:

How did you describe it? Willful ignorance?
edit on 19-10-2018 by NiNjABackflip because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join