It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the US broken in two or is it just like that on the internet?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

me too but you know some people, always a one upper

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: darepairman

me too but you know some people, always a one upper

Speaking of one-up, is that your car in your profile pic?
I imagine Daisy from Dukes of hazzard sitting on the hood, not jealous obviously [/drools]

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   

My wife thinks of America like a big dysfunctional family, certain parts will fight like cats and dogs until someone from outside the family tries something then everybody is on the same page... threat passes right back to picking on each other.

I know for me at least, I would cheerfully sit down with the leftist on this board and hoist a few pints, politics isn't worth holding a grudge over, that takes to much energy and I am kinda lazy.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf
Haha the UK is like a big dysfunctional family as well!
England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland all bicker like kids, just without the pipebombs...the Irish started being nice instead so it has been nice for a couple of decades now.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Ya I built that car, Daisey on the hood ? Ya I could see that

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: darepairman

Ya I built that car, Daisey on the hood ? Ya I could see that

Man that is a gorgeous car, total Americana to me...and I mean Daisy Dukes from the original series lol
Glad to see the US dream is still going, honestly, as a Brit reading ATS it's almost like civil war again for you guys.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   

The vast majority of people here get along just fine.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

The vast majority of people here get along just fine.

That's good to read

It just seems so polarised and angry in the US political threads, I often wonder do people speak to each other like that in real life...I'm pretty much the same in real life as I am online, more behaved on ATS to be honest because mods n stuff lol

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Oh, there are those out there, too. I encounter them far too often not to know that...

But they are a distinct minority. Most folks are just that, folks. They got to work in their morning. Come home, spend time with family and friends, and essentially bother no one.

It takes a bit to rouse them. But it's not something that should be done on a whim. Because that "great unwashed" have a habit of thinking for themselves, if it comes to it. Most don't want it to, which can drive one to distraction at times.

Many forget that silence doesn't equate to consent, it equates more to not giving a #, until it begins to hurt. Then, look out.

It's the same thing everywhere, just here in the States--we're armed, heavily. ...and that's well known in every circle, which is why certain parties would have it otherwise. That very real fear that the "great unwashed" might decide to give a #, and do something drastic. Voting would, of course, come first...and second. However, eventually, that patience will run out.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

It just seems so polarised and angry in the US political threads, I often wonder do people speak to each other like that in real life...

Yes. I call me friends who voted for Hilldog Libtards and the ones who voted for Cheetolini Nazis.

All of them call me a moron for voting for an Australian.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Politics are broken into two camps aka two-party system but the people remain the same i imagine.

The problem arises from the class division, there are too few haves, and far too many have-nots.

And in a first world nation like the US that's just a recipe for disaster.

edit on 28-10-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull
The arms is the thing for you guys, it's way easier to pull a trigger than plunge a knife into someone, I stabbed a burglar years ago, aimed away from vital organs, didn't wanna kill him obviously, through his shoulder area and out the other side.
Pulling a trigger and not having to deal with reasonable force laws is piss easy compared to that, which is why I worry for the US when I read the anger on ATS.
edit on 28-10-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: clarity

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Is it easier?

I've been stabbed, 3x to be exact... It didn't seem to be at all difficult for those three idiots.

Without tooting my own horn, they'd have gotten better results if they'd shot me. Yes, they hurt me, one of 'em, somewhat badly--the other two, to coin a phrase, twas but a scratch... I didn't react well to any of them, as might be expected.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull
Lol similar stories, been slashed never stabbed.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Not yet, but the way things are going, I could see it happening all we seem to need is a spark. There are 2 things I have learned not to talk about,, politics and religion each one seems to be a friend looser.

About the car its a 72 Dodge Dart had it since 87 Thanks for the compliments

www.forabodiesonly.com...
edit on 28-10-2018 by darepairman because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-10-2018 by darepairman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: darepairman

Well impressed with the car mate, that link was a brilliant read!

...just need Daisy Duke now!

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Grew up watching "The Dukes of Hazard", that show was da Bomb.

Think ill go find somewhere that streams the old show actually.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Yea bro its like that in the real but yes way more so on the net. The only folks talking about middle ground are the libs. Why? Because they rule the middle ground its where the always get an inch or to and wait until next time. For example there is really no middle ground no compromise on constitutional issues.......save if you be a liberal.

edit on 28-10-2018 by Logarock because: n

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Is the US broken in two or is it just like that on the internet?

Pretty sure the mail bombs and the synagogue murders weren't just an internet thing.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: SirHardHarry

But we are going to be a country a culture that is guided by nut cases as it deals with expanded controls on constitutional rights?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join