It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Stay at home moms free-loading leeches?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
People do it all the time because daycare is so expensive you actually save money by staying home with the kids instead of paying for day care which is thousands a month in some places. I know stay at home dads and moms by the time you have your second or third child you save lots of cash.

a reply to: JAGStorm

Around these parts, if you aren't making at least about $50k / yr you are better off staying home because daycare will eat up all the salary.

I have a couple of friends where the dad stays home... their wives are pretty high up in corporate America, so the husbands don't really work. I've been kind of a part-time stay home dad since my job is super flexible. My wife is a corporate exec.

I've found most women would prefer to stay home. A lot of women bought into the corporate professional world and have quickly found out that they can't really have it all. Working long hours sucks. Feminist misled women into thinking that men were having all the fun working. They neglected to tell women, men hate their jobs too.

Did they really think men enjoyed working 60-70 hour weeks, being away from their families to earn money? No, we did it because we have to... the grass isn't always greener.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Where is the reference to 'moms' or 'stay at home moms' in the paragraph below?
“These women who act like staying at home, leeching off their husbands or boyfriends, and just cashing the checks is some sort of feminism because they’re choosing to live that life. That’s bull#. I mean, what the # are we really talking about here?”

What was she really talking about?

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I wish I could have my wife stay home and unfortunately we can't because we have to pay taxes for everyone else and truth be told I should have applied myself in school more growing up..It would be comforting to know that if something was wrong at school she is a stones throw away and it's also good to have a parent home while the kids are out playing. I'm also not opposed to stay at home dads, partner or any secondary parent.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses

Ditto.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I hope some of you run for office one day and have your comments on this website (12 years hence) published so everyone can see your true thoughts.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: spacedoubt

IF, the quote is accurate, it is heinous.

Women do give birth.

This is an easily triggered comment. It is from 2006. Surely she has said alot more in 12 years.

Not worthy of a post, especially if not sourced.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   

My wife stays home and takes care of the kids.

Let me tell you. It's not an easy job. Maybe she should try it before talking about it.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
People do it all the time because daycare is so expensive you actually save money by staying home with the kids instead of paying for day care which is thousands a month in some places. I know stay at home dads and moms by the time you have your second or third child you save lots of cash.

This exactly. And furthermore the daycares that poorer people can afford are not places most parents would feel comfortable leaving their children.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
What was she really talking about?

Something which is NONE of her business, whether she meant stay at home moms or not. She needs to remember her place, STFU, and let others make decisions that are best for themselves.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical
I hope some of you run for office one day and have your comments on this website (12 years hence) published so everyone can see your true thoughts.

AHAHAHAHAHA
yeah cause that is so much worse than, you know actually BEING HONEST

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell

originally posted by: JAGStorm
Well that's exactly what Democratic Senate contender Kyrsten Sinema thinks.

“These women who act like staying at home, leeching off their husbands or boyfriends, and just cashing the checks is some sort of feminism because they’re choosing to live that life. That’s bull#. I mean, what the # are we really talking about here?”

Well as anyone with two brain cells know, that was a dumb thing to say and now she is trying to backtrack:
azgop.wordpress.com...

So now not only does she hate stay at home moms, but she is a flat out liar. But back to that statement.
As a mom that has been both corporate and stay at home, it just kills me. I personally think being a stay at home
mom is the hardest job there is. It's pretty thankless too. Then you have these so called pro-feminist women, basically putting down
women. At least most men can appreciate a stay at home mom (I hope)

Can we just wipe the political scene clean and get some normal people in office? Maybe we need to pick our Senators in a different way,
maybe randomly like jury duty!!

She just declared herself to be a Cultural Marxist trying to break down traditional family units. Their goal is to get the state involved as the big sugar daddy and replace the need for a man in the family life. They do that here in the UK.

Same thing here in the US, although the willfully ignorant and/or lying Leftists will tell you there's no such thing as Cultural Marxism. They truly fear "freedom of thought" and do all they can to make kids wards of the State such that they can control the children's programming. In many places in the US however, the public education systems have become so abhorrent and blatantly racist that the efforts of the Cultural Marxists have backfired and are driving more and more Mom's to "stay-at-home" to Home school.

Does anyone Home school in the UK or is it outlawed like in Germany?

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

My wife is a stay-at-home mom.

Our kids are happy and well adjusted, she works like a demon around the house and with our finances. She has enabled ME to be a better provider for our entire family.

People who insult people like my wife deserve a throat-punch.

Exactly, a Family unit where everyone has an equally important job! When this breaks the whole of society breaks in my opinion. If People have no desire to have someone home to nurture a child they should not even have children, People forgetting they have kids and leaving them to die in hot cars is the result, their minds are not on the kids.

When our kids were young they were the first and center thought but the Wife made sure they were never forgotten and their needs always met.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: spacedoubt
a blog

There is no source for the quote.
And there is no context within the quote to say she was talking about stay at home moms...
It just says "these women".

seems legit..lol

Ya i'm kind of with you on this. I didn't see the word mom in there anywhere. It kinda looked like a comment about women that do this without having kids to me. Hence why husbands and boyfriends were specifically mentioned and nothing about children at all.
edit on 19/10/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

If that was the intent, why is that anyone's business? My wife was a homemaker before we had kids, it worked for us. I was always amused at how much crap a handful of insecure, jealous "feminists" dumped on her over that.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   
It SOUNDS like she was trying to say what I've said to my husband -- that there's wannabe Kept Women feminists out there wanting catered to while playing the part of a SAHM while not actually being much of one other than the entitled gold digger variety and calling it Girl Power/ultimate feminist choice.

That's how it reads to me anyway, being a SAH myself. THOSE types make SAH parents of either gender look despicable via embodying the worst SAH parent stereotypes and I despise them for it. Look, this isn't the easier job out there, but its definitely not the hardest, either. By far not the hardest. I often want to clock people that try to say it is, because it's either clear hyperbole, or willful ignorance of the working world.

But it does not mean the domestic maintainer role is useless. If I worked, I do not see how my husband and I, while both working, could find the time to keep the house & yard up to par, care for the pets, and spend adequate time with the kids, AND homeschooling them. Ultimately, if I worked, there'd be no point in it because a huge portion of what I'd earn would be going into paying for supervised care until one of us got home, even if they attended a physical school.
Not worth the time & effort, my husband and I have crunched these numbers many times.

Although if you want our simplified personal short version opinions on it, a traditional nuclear family is life gravy. We like our life the way it is, it's perfect.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: dug88

If that was the intent, why is that anyone's business? My wife was a homemaker before we had kids, it worked for us. I was always amused at how much crap a handful of insecure, jealous "feminists" dumped on her over that.

I wasn't saying I agree with her or that she should make it her business. I just figure if there's a thread of people going off about a quote they should at least go.off about things actually written in it.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   
The reason for her statement is simple. The lady has 100 percent feminist idealogue issues.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Just to play off Sinema herself, this woman's past remarks are like a whole meth lab of crazy.

As a part-time stay at home mom, she can bite me.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Yep, I work part-time because it allows me to see our son off on the bus and to be here when he comes home. It also gives me the freedom I need to leave if he needs mom and it gives me extra time to deal with parental issues like appointments and school meetings and running errands as needed.

The added bonus is that Teikiatsu's new position in the corporate world now allows him to work from home one day and week and up to three as needed, so he's more than happy to play stay at home dad while working. It lets me either pick up some extra hours here or there or just plain not have to drop everything when kiddo is sick because a sick kid is generally going to stay on the couch watching movies letting husband work via telecommute.

Kids need that extra parental contact and the security of knowing it's there when they're younger. It makes them happier and better adjusted.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Yeah maybe, but don't you think it's wrong that she sort of assumes that there are that many people claiming to be stay at home moms in the conservative ranks to begin with?

It sort of goes right along with the tacit assumption that only rich people vote Republican which is a lie.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join