It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Stay at home moms free-loading leeches?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Well that's exactly what Democratic Senate contender Kyrsten Sinema thinks.

“These women who act like staying at home, leeching off their husbands or boyfriends, and just cashing the checks is some sort of feminism because they’re choosing to live that life. That’s bull#. I mean, what the # are we really talking about here?”

kfyi.iheart.com...

Well as anyone with two brain cells know, that was a dumb thing to say and now she is trying to backtrack:
azgop.wordpress.com...

So now not only does she hate stay at home moms, but she is a flat out liar. But back to that statement.
As a mom that has been both corporate and stay at home, it just kills me. I personally think being a stay at home
mom is the hardest job there is. It's pretty thankless too. Then you have these so called pro-feminist women, basically putting down
women. At least most men can appreciate a stay at home mom (I hope)

Can we just wipe the political scene clean and get some normal people in office? Maybe we need to pick our Senators in a different way,
maybe randomly like jury duty!!

edit on 19-10-2018 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

+19 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

My wife is a stay-at-home mom.

Our kids are happy and well adjusted, she works like a demon around the house and with our finances. She has enabled ME to be a better provider for our entire family.

People who insult people like my wife deserve a throat-punch.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
Well that's exactly what Democratic Senate contender Kyrsten Sinema thinks.

“These women who act like staying at home, leeching off their husbands or boyfriends, and just cashing the checks is some sort of feminism because they’re choosing to live that life. That’s bull#. I mean, what the # are we really talking about here?”

Well as anyone with two brain cells know, that was a dumb thing to say and now she is trying to backtrack:
azgop.wordpress.com...

So now not only does she hate stay at home moms, but she is a flat out liar. But back to that statement.
As a mom that has been both corporate and stay at home, it just kills me. I personally think being a stay at home
mom is the hardest job there is. It's pretty thankless too. Then you have these so called pro-feminist women, basically putting down
women. At least most men can appreciate a stay at home mom (I hope)

Can we just wipe the political scene clean and get some normal people in office? Maybe we need to pick our Senators in a different way,
maybe randomly like jury duty!!

She just declared herself to be a Cultural Marxist trying to break down traditional family units. Their goal is to get the state involved as the big sugar daddy and replace the need for a man in the family life. They do that here in the UK.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Puts a real pain in my heart that somebody ever can say such a thing as what I read here Democrats saying. It is amongst most hatefull and discraceful statements one can come up with. I feel the left becoming most unaccommodating and inhumane party as ever. Sad to see new lows every other day.

Dont give an inch to those btards.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Source? That poorly made website in your link links to a 404'd page.

Edit:
Oh:

The main attack against her has been about a quote from a 2006 in a Scottsdale nightlife magazine regarding feminism:

"These women who act like staying at home, leeching off their husbands or boyfriends, and just cashing the checks is some sort of feminism because they're choosing to live that life. That's bull#. I mean, what the # are we really talking about here?"

Still can't find it though
edit on 19-10-2018 by AScrubWhoDied because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Try being a stay-home dad for a few years.

Interesting experience to sy the least.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   

LOL that title...

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I assume it’s a safe bet that she is single ?

I wonder why ?

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   
How is a stay at home mom the hardest job there is??

I've been a stay at home dad and found it to be the most rewarding job I've ever held. If people think that raising children is a hard job, they might want to look at another profession.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   
There are glitches in the NPC system that are breaking down from their skewed philosophies.

It's like Westworld: Where nothing can go wrong, spztt wrongwrongwrongzzt..

edit on 19-10-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses

I've known plenty of stay at home dads. They face a lot of the same challenges and then the social stigma on top of that.

I'm all for parents doing whatever they have to do to survive. I would never degrade another person, man or woman for making the choice to take care of their child.

edit on 19-10-2018 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I wouldnt call them leaches... to each there own. If staying home with your kids makes you happy and your spouse can provide for the family alone than always do what makes you happy.

I will say though there is a sentiment among stay at home parents that they think their job is very difficult... even more difficult even than parents that choose to work.... it simply can't be, whether all parents work or one stays home there is always the same level of domestic work to be done.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a blog

There is no source for the quote.
And there is no context within the quote to say she was talking about stay at home moms...
It just says "these women".

seems legit..lol

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: superman2012

Bill Burr on Stay Home Mom Being the Hardest Job. LOL

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Most, no. I personally think daycares, IF you can find a good one, can benefit the child(ren) more because they're around other kids all the time. Then again, it could just be the one I put my child in. He's only two, but the teachers sing songs with them all the time, work with them on their words, etc. It's like a school more than a daycare. Plus you have live access to the cameras in your child's room.

But to answer your question, some stay at home moms are leeches, but certainly not all.

link   
a reply to: spacedoubt

No it says "These women who act like staying at home"

link   
But of course, we do have Hillary saying she wasn't going to stay home and bake cookies....

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

My wife is a stay-at-home mom.

Our kids are happy and well adjusted, she works like a demon around the house and with our finances. She has enabled ME to be a better provider for our entire family.

People who insult people like my wife deserve a throat-punch.

agreed
poor choice of people to insult if you ask me
imo part of the reason our country is in the shape it is relates to the lack of family structure

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   
People do it all the time because daycare is so expensive you actually save money by staying home with the kids instead of paying for day care which is thousands a month in some places. I know stay at home dads and moms by the time you have your second or third child you save lots of cash.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Most, no. I personally think daycares, IF you can find a good one, can benefit the child(ren) more because they're around other kids all the time. Then again, it could just be the one I put my child in. He's only two, but the teachers sing songs with them all the time, work with them on their words, etc. It's like a school more than a daycare. Plus you have live access to the cameras in your child's room.

But to answer your question, some stay at home moms are leeches, but certainly not all.

This is not directed at LSU2018:

Here is the problem with the politics these people play ... and they themselves are probably a victim of ... once we start criticizing others for their normal choices in life; when we seek to raise our self esteem by making arrangements that "our" choices are the correct ones ... we create a situation where everyone else must start doing the same thing as a defence.

Eventually this goes back and forth enough that it becomes ingrained. We put ourselves into camps and pit ourselves against each other. In this OP its working parents against stay at home parents; in another its left vs right.

We need to get back to the rugged individuality this country was founded on and once made us great. Want to make America great again stop worrying about if daycare or stat at home is better and simply do what works for you.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join