It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5100 Dreamers put into foster care in 2011

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   
The 'Kids in Cages' story has been the basis for most of the recent media talk on immigration.

When it got pulled out into the public earlier this year, my feed filled up with the outrage.

What surprised me was NOT the way the press handled it. I was surprised by the deliberate amnesia of of the people who were outraged.
I was an early adopter of social media, and have been on Facebook since 2006. This means I have a long timeline going back through hundreds of news stories.

I reminded many of my friends that they didn't have the same outrage in the past. When they tried to argue that they always cared, I was forced to go back to posts from 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014...

There on my posts, were the same people calling me a "FOX News Shill, angry that I had a black man in charge, stoking anger, etc."
I took screen shots and sent them privately to the many individuals in question. One seemed to take it well, 5 people unfreinded me, one woman went on a huge screed about how racist I was.

Many of these peopple handed me my own ass in the past when I was posting unresearched news or simply being a hypocrite. They have helped me be more honest and willing to admit my own errors. Sadly, I have not been able to return the favor.

If you want the ONE story that seems to create the biggest reaction, it's this one:

5100 Dreamers put into foster care

“Even if the [immigration] law is executed with perfection, there will be parents separated from their children,” White House Director of Intergovernmental Affairs Cecilia Muñoz told us when we interviewed for her our recent film Lost in Detention. And while she stressed that the solution is comprehensive immigration reform, a new report from the Applied Research Center [ARC], which advocates for immigration reform, has found that, in the meantime, an increasing number of children are being placed into foster care when a parent is deported. At least 5,100 children in 22 states are currently in foster care, and if the current pace of deportations continue, ARC expects that number to rise to 15,000 children in the next five years. Nearly 397,000 people were deported in fiscal year 2011 — up from more than 392,000 in 2010. Since Obama took office, his administration has deported more than a million people.

Anyone else have similar experiences?
edit on 19-10-2018 by LedermanStudio because: fixed subject line

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: LedermanStudio

Remember Japans nuke disaster, Haitis earthquake, Katrina, tidal wave in the Indian Ocean, Puerto Rico's intense damage, last years Texas astounding floods, hurricanes Florence's some months back...immediately replaced by Michael??????

None of these suffering incidents have COMPLETELY recovered...they just get replaced by the next...and we selectively "forget".

Starving in Africa? Power restored completely in Puerto Rico? Haiti too?

All still in trouble. All still great issues..and the "dreamers-kids"? Just another thing in a world of trouble...sadly.

Tomorrow's new "incident" will replace today's, and bury those of yesterday...

1st Responder
USA

edit on 19-10-2018 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

#Harambe!

Never forget

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 08:30 PM
link   
*Redirected
edit on 19-10-2018 by mysterioustranger because: redirect

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

I promise...I won't...

M.S.
1st Advanced Disaster Life Support Responder
edit on 19-10-2018 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

top topics

join