It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for Trump Supporters

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   
If I had to label myself, I would call myself moderately conservative. I voted for McCain and I vote for Romney. While my personal views are more conservation, I think a SLIGHTLY more liberal view is best for society. I.E. I don't think that I could ever go through with a abortion, but I think a woman should have the right to choose, especially if it is a medical situation.

Now my real question. All of you that love Trump, how do you look past the disrespectfulness? I don't want to argue left vs right. I don't want to argue republican vs democrat. I don't hate Republicans and I don't hate conservatives. I am far from a crazy leftist. I just really can't comprehend how any intelligent person thinks Trump is a respectful or graceful human and represents the county well.

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: headorheart

I like his policies better than the other options. I am fiscally conservative and socially liberal, which means that I think you should be able to smoke pot and have an abortion (before 20-24wks) but don't expect me to pay for it.

eta: I don't care about the personality of the politician, just like I don't care about the politics of actors/musicians (personalities)
edit on 05190531b03 by SammyB0476 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: SammyB0476

You share the same views as me...

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Fair. Also, I guess, the answer I was hoping to hear. I just have a mental brain block over his personality. I can admit an asshole can be good at a job. An asshole musician can still be a great musician. I just can't respect him and I am embarrassed by the way he acts often. I don't think he is a good role model. Along with policies, I think the President should be at least a partial role model.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: headorheart
If I had to label myself, I would call myself moderately conservative. I voted for McCain and I vote for Romney. While my personal views are more conservation, I think a SLIGHTLY more liberal view is best for society. I.E. I don't think that I could ever go through with a abortion, but I think a woman should have the right to choose, especially if it is a medical situation.

Now my real question. All of you that love Trump, how do you look past the disrespectfulness? I don't want to argue left vs right. I don't want to argue republican vs democrat. I don't hate Republicans and I don't hate conservatives. I am far from a crazy leftist. I just really can't comprehend how any intelligent person thinks Trump is a respectful or graceful human and represents the county well.

I don't look past it. It is part of the package and was on display during the gop nomination process.
Trump was a better option than the slugs presented by the gop.
Trump was a better option than the slugs presented by the dnc.
If better options are not presented by 2020 he will be re elected.

While he is not traditionally "presidential" some of his foreign policy decisions appear at this point to be working. Others who were more "presidential" have not had the same success. Perhaps a change in tone was needed?

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   

I think you have it all wrong. I don't LOVE Trump. I love what he does to trigger the mindless morons in the media, Hollywood, academia, and so on.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Trump is for the U.S.A. and our laws and our people.
No wide-opened borders,no more freebies to illegals*.
The only reasons why the left wants these borders
opened is to get more votes during the mid-terms, and
possibly use these people as an invasion force in the
future.

* get into the U.S. through proper,legal channels like my
daughter-in-law did!

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   

He's a blowhard, no doubt about it.

But I don't care if he's an asshole. His policies have done more to get this country on the right track than any administration since probably JFK at least.

Trump isn't a conservative or a republican, hell he was a democrat for a very long time. What he is, is practical and acts the best interests of America. And that's what this country needs.

He's not trying to be cool, he isn't guided by religion. He doesn't pander to the media.

Also ask yourself this. How many new countries have we invaded or started bombing in the last 2 years?

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   

I think people are confusing "support" with being okay with 100% of everything Trump does.

An often used internet saying is, "If you believe in someone 100% then one of you isn't doing any thinking". I don't know of anyone who is okay with 100% of his policies or his actions.

Trump was better than Hillary.

His policies have not negatively impacted me. So far.

*shrugs*

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Fair. Also, I guess, the answer I was hoping to hear. I just have a mental brain block over his personality. I can admit an asshole can be good at a job. An asshole musician can still be a great musician. I just can't respect him and I am embarrassed by the way he acts often. I don't think he is a good role model. Along with policies, I think the President should be at least a partial role model.

Look at our other realistic option in the last election.
Hillary is a bitch much as trump is an ass.
And after the way she treated her husband's rape victims I wouldn't exactly call her a great roll model either.

I voted for the person that I thought would do the best job. I think I made the right choice.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I think the Tman was what the country needed at our point in time. Obama was a Godzilla sized disappointment and nobody was listening to the pain in the midwest. Tman did.

Much like Churchill was only good in war, the Tman's policies are getting the ONE thing that unites most. J-O-B-S. That and a hot wife, and daughter.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   

He's direct and speaks his mind. I don't think there's another person on this planet that's faced more derision and disrespect than Trump. It's only when he serves it right back at them the media screams about how "unpresidential" and disrespectful he is.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   

We don't. It is embarrassing because he brings himself down to their level. Democratic operatives are besides themselves because they could always count on driving narratives because Republicans usually do not dive in the sewer with them and are thus usually defenseless.

We support Trump because he gets the job done and has the ability to beat the Democrats at their OWN game. Thanks to Trump, nobody can say the MSM is not biased... as the MSM has gone way beyond biased to outright opposition party. For the first time in a couple of decades we can reverse America's slide into destruction... or at least put on the brakes for a few years.

Trump is by far, far far, far, far the lesser of 2 evils.

Results and keeping his promises..... something we haven't seen in decades.
edit on 19-10-2018 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Ummm...therein lies your issue...your hung up on emotion and personality...on couth and etiquette...

I bet you voted for Bill Clinton and Barak Obama...cause they could talk you into somnolence...

Perhaps you need to step back and realize that those of us that elected President Trump...could give two rats asses for dainty double speak...

We elected him to do a job...to not mince words but show results...
I could give an EFF for "Presidential"...I want to see results...and by GOD that's what we're seeing...

If that means he gets two damn scoops of ice cream...then so be it...
Frankly I'm damn tired of living in a Lispish...politically correct world that only caters to the enrapt...

If you can't see past the bluster to the result...then I'm sorry...your part of what has to go...
I've got no time for equivocation and butt splinters from sitting on too many fences...cause...feels...

I think that about says it all...

YouSir

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I dont think we have had a president in my life time that has been respectful. They have all been men who think they know better than us on all topics and have not had any reservation to lie, cheat and steel to get what they want even when it hurts the country... and it has in countless ways.

Here's my question to you ... what makes Trump so different that you felt the need to ask this question? Is it because he doesnt smile nicely when he's fing people over? That's what's made you wake up and take notice? That he's not as corgle as the last snakes to hold that office before him?

Nice words, a great smile and an empty sack is still worth only the empty sack ... maybe it's time for you to start worrying about what's important and stop worrying about the smoke screens these guys put up.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I don't love Trump nearly as much as I hate the democrat alternatives.

Between Trump and hillary the choice was obvious for me.

As for not representing the country well, I think he is just fine. The attacks on him are petty and ridiculous. These attacks are coming from the same people who made excuses for bill clinton when he was caught making this nation a laughing stock getting blow jobs in the oval office and playing hide the cigar. And who can forget his brother billy who was seen urinating on the white house lawn during a press conference.

He called stormy a horseface. Oh well. I call chelse clinton a horseface. Does that mean I can never be POTUS? If that is all it takes to disqualify someone from public office then I seriously doubt there is a single truly qualified candidate on earth.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Name one president that was a role model. It's all about outlook. If they think like you and behave how you expect them to behave, you believe they are a good role model. We judge people based on how we think they should behave but do not like it when people judge us on how they think we should behave. It's human nature.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Ya child is dying due to a medical emergency. You have two doctors around her. Only one can work on your child. One has a nice meek personality doesn't ruffle any feathers but was bottom of their class and has a couple of malpractice lawsuits against them.

The other doctor is loud, doesn't take crap off anyone and hits back and insults people who insult him. Graduated top of his class and is well known to be a very good doctor.

Which do you let work on your child?

SImple concept who gives a crap as long as his policies are improving this country... Im glad we have someone who doesn't take #. This meek take the higher road "aka be a doormat" mindset is for the birds.
edit on 19-10-2018 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I don't care for the man honestly. I think he lacks quite a bit of professionalism and is often TOO forward in his approach. However, I dont disagree with his policies(in general).

I don't see the office of President of the United States as a popularity contest so it's easy to overlook his questionable personality for me.

He's like the opposite of Obama. I genuinely liked Barak Obama as a human...but disliked many of his policies.

A2D

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Find somebody with thicker skin and more drive and run em. He is what America needs to save it from the oppression trying to take over.

Notice no complaints from Muslims? But if the Dims take over look out it'll be time to make some noise because they know who will bend over for them.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join