It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Question about Bible Code

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 12:32 PM
link   
How come the first book didn't predict 9-11 yet the second one released after 9-11 did?




posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   
My best guess would be that the first book didn’t contain a reference to 9-11 because it hadn’t happened yet. When they search the bible code looking for an event they need to know what event to search for. These people wouldn’t have known to search for 9-11 until after it had already happened.



posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krahzeef
How come the first book didn't predict 9-11 yet the second one released after 9-11 did?



because no one knew what to search to find the code. Now, due to the war on terrorism, numerous countries, places, people and dates are being thrown forward to find codes before they happen.



posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   
It is because, as you said, it hadn't happened yet. In a book as large as the Bible, it is possible to find anything that you are looking for, in any combination and call it a "code".

I'll need to dig up the web site, but I read a site somewhere about some college students (I think that they were studying Statistics) who took some digital copies of encyclopedias and dictionaries and wrote a computer program that would search for certain words or phrases that appeared in algorithm -- and found it! In fact, I remember them being very emphatic about their findings stating that statistically speaking, you could find nearly anything that you are looking for in any tome of that size just so long as you don't place any limiting factors on the patterns; i.e. every fifth letter or the third letter on every 5th line etc... As long as you let the computer search for any type of pattern, almost anything as vague as the Bible code could be found.

Darn!!! I wish I had book marked that site!!! I even remember them finding such things as "War 2" and "Hitler" and "Jews" all on the same page in similar patterns (Just like Bible code) in the dictionary whereas no word on that page had anything to do with any WWII references. Their point being that should we belive that the dictionary contains some code to future events? Not likely.

The problem with the Bible code is that it is merely a random assimilation of patterns that are loosely associated with an event. I think that there is really nothing to it at all.



posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Prophacies are only found to be true after the fact. You could find the same codes in any large volume



posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
...but I read a site somewhere about some college students (I think that they were studying Statistics) who took some digital copies of encyclopedias and dictionaries and wrote a computer program that would search for certain words or phrases that appeared in algorithm -- and found it!...


I remember lots of people trying and nobody coming close to the level of sophistication present in the Bible Codes...and if you have examples we will need to see links...

The chances of a random cluster of more than a couple of words being present in a skip-step code located on one single page of any book...intersecting like a crossword puzzle...sometimes forming symbols and pictures...it is practically impossible. The Bible is the only book in which these sophisticated codes have been found...as far as I know...

The problem os having to know what to look for does not negate the amazing nature of the codes...you can find insight after the fact and can't seem to use it predict the future...but it is still amazing.



posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Geneticus, If you can find a program called "John Safran versus God" one of the episodes (Already said this beore) shows that Vanilla Ice's whole collection of lyrics predicted 9-11.

And that the 9-11 report predicted Vanilla Ice's downfall perfectly.

On one of the pages I-C-E is shown but exactly parralell is I-C-E just like in his song "Ice Ice baby". Also a K-A-P-U-T goes down across the page, plus many others like his real name etc. Very convincing.

And before you label him as an atheist nutter he started the shows Jewish and left a christian after being exorsised. So he isn't as anti-religion as you would think. Just open minded to all religions.



posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeneticusI remember lots of people trying and nobody coming close to the level of sophistication present in the Bible Codes...and if you have examples we will need to see links...

The chances of a random cluster of more than a couple of words being present in a skip-step code located on one single page of any book...intersecting like a crossword puzzle...sometimes forming symbols and pictures...it is practically impossible. The Bible is the only book in which these sophisticated codes have been found...as far as I know.


"if you have examples we will need to see the links" works for you too



posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Thanks, we have some existing threads on this topic already. They may help.

Here are a few:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.



new topics

top topics



 
0

log in

join