It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Bought My Son A MAGA Hat And Now I Am Afraid

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: Fools
a reply to: IAMTAT

Not to be an ass, but if my son wanted to wear a MAGA hat I would fully support it. And I would have no fear really because I would feel very sorry for anyone that attempted to remove it from his head. They would regret that moment.

I don't think that's the concern. There's nothing you can do if he's approached and you're not with him. That's where the concern comes in at.

Sure, fine. I am still not worried. At 16 my son can most definitely handle almost any threat. The kid is beyond belief tough and strong. He should be a Navy Seal or something. Maybe if people start getting shot for wearing the hat - then I would worry. My 24 year old so, him, I'd probably worry about. :-)

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutisticEvo

Standing up for beliefs is altogether different than pridefully displaying them like a turkey in it's hunting season.

When confronted one should stand by their convictions.
But revealing oneself using an object that to you may show support for the president but also leaves those with bias opportunity for wild conjecture as to why he wears that hat.

When Christ preached he spoke of the Pharisees who put on makeup so as to appear starved and malnourished when they went out in public.

They looked like devout fasters, but in fact were not.

He also taught to practice in secret.

Your son should not have to fear wearing his hat.
He shouldn't have to.
But "they" singled us out for supporting the so called enemy of their cause to force us all to be as they are.

Not wearing a maga hat is not a failure to stand up for his beliefs.

It's a sign of modesty and discipline.

He does not need to stand out like a cardinal in spring for the vultures to descend upon in order to stand by his beliefs.

You and He didn't support Trump for his bloody red hat.

That hats like wearing your team colors and flag while at a Hooligan Rugby match.
You will bring trouble.
Now if you want some trouble and team angst for both sides wear it.

But if you are trying to get through a day in hostile territory then you blend in.

It is never been a war crime to disguise yourselves as another nations boat or enemy soldier, but when you DO decide to engage you must by the Rules of Engagement raise your true colors before firing the first shot.

It's called a Ruse of War.

Standing up for your beliefs doesn't mean painting a target on your back.
That's how Martyrs are made.

A thin line between courage and anger,
An even thinner line exists between Bravery and Stupidity.

Your son should never deny what he believes, that's how he stands for them.

But to wear a cross, is hypocritical to Christianity.

Tell him to wear it at rallies.
Tell him to wear it when he wants.
But also warn him.
Warn him that getting hurt or killed in a pointless confrontation with some nobodies is not standing for your beliefs, for if he believes in family values he should cherish his family and not do Anything that would bring harm or sorrow to them.

So don't think of it as your or his own good. This is more about what's good for all involved.

So go now and find your son, and tell him you might have mixed up the difference between standing by your beliefs,
Vs putting up a tribal flag meant to invite trouble.

Cause trouble doesn't have to look for you, it pretty much knows where you are at all times.

It should not be fear of violence, you should in pity wish to assist the opposition in maintaining self control, cause they lack the maturity to keep their hands to themselves and act respectful of other persons and their personal space and property..

So it's not a failure you see? To stand up for beliefs?
It's a peacock feathers.
It's pride.
Vanity even.

And none of those bring good things.

Now go clear this up with your son. And tell him he can wear it with you if he wants, but until he's his own man he cannot wear it alone.

As the ones who would target him will come in greater size or greater numbers, for targeting the weak and defenseless is the mark of cowardice. The mark of the LEFTs more misguided youth. I would hate for a hat to cause him personal strife as well..

Take it from an Extremist Tat, when the Election results came through I saw alot of left leaning people ban ANYONE, even their oldest and most loved friends, over a stupid VOTE!

When I saw this you know what I did?
I didn't give nothing of an answer, though I posted some memes that week for laughs.

Had one that showed Raul Julius in Street fighter as M Bison during his Bisonica Codex Speech.

It read "For you, the day I graced your Homeland with a President you hated was the most important day of your life....but for me, it was only Tuesday"

It's a twist off his words to Chun li about killing her father when he raided her village.

Anyway. I still have all my gay and leftist friends, all my favorites still love me.
Know why? Because I decided that if they were petty enough to turn their backs on someone they love over a vote they only THINK they valued more...

Then they were unworthy of being able to rid themselves of me so simply, too Immature.

I lost respect for their good sense, I thought them petty, childish.

And I also realized the last thing I want is this childish behaviour to have an Echo chamber of 100%.

So here I sit. My friends all around, they would call me a snake, a Judas if they knew that a "Lex Luthor" class intellectual enemy sat amongst them.
They would scream for blood if they knew they sat with "Hans Lander" AkA The Jew Hunter(not a Jew Hunter, but I am righties Intelligence, I play chess)

The point is, I convinced myself that I hid the truth not only because they could not maturely handle a debate, but because I needed to spy and keep an eye on all of them..

But I realized, despite my games...I will never sell my friends who turned out to be Antifa out to the public, or betray anything I learn of them to the other side.

I twist and wriggle like a slippery fish around direct questions all the time, I lie, by omission.

I deceive by my silence.

Because I just don't think this era in politics should cost me 12 years of social effort and friendship.

Because I love them, though they would never love me anymore if they knew I deceived them just so I didn't have to lose them.

Because my belief is in Love and War.
And if I cannot find it in my heart to War, then I will Deny, Deny and deceive and Like with a silver tongue so that I can Love.

So for the Love of peace, out that hat away.
For the Love of All his future friendships, hide that hat.

"For what Profit is it to a man, if he Gains the World, yet loses his soul?"

Trump's here for 8 years max.
And he's not the one who's gonna watch your back or be there when you need a shoulder to cry on.

They Are! Therefore your beliefs stand for all.
And he can show his left friends compassion, by not wearing the markers that CNN has brainwashed their parents minds and they their children.

Love man. If he believes in love he will respect that there is a time and place for that hat.
And that you never tell the truth to those who cannot handle the truth.

What a load. Why doesn't this happen to anyone wearing a DNC hat or a "I'm with her hat"?

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Fools

People did get beat up when obama was president in the south. There was a lot of extra black face etc going on campuses, and there still is.

You don't hear about it because you don't look or work in that field.

When my wife worked at USC (SC) there was regularly mocking, nooses in trees, black face on black history month, and bar fights against liberals.

I guess it depends who you are and who the guy in office is instigating.

People generally are just getting worse and worse imo..

The Republicans have this as their campaign strategy literally, to frame this situation to seem like its isolated from political reality. When really college kids usually do dumb things. And crazy people do crazy things.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   
If you are that afraid for your son's safety that you needed to air your fears on the internet, then maybe you should not have bought your son the MAGA hat. One of your top jobs as a parent is to make sure your son's safety is not jeopardized or put at risk. I know I would not buy my son a shirt with a target on the back and send him out into the bush the day bow hunting season opens.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

People did get beat up when obama was president in the south. There was a lot of extra black face etc going on campuses, and there still is.

Excuse me?

I live in the rural Deep South, and I never heard of a single physical attack over support for Obama (which was admittedly sparse here) and certainly no nooses hanging from trees. And I seriously doubt there's a more conservative area than mine. I also attended UAH during that time and saw no, none, absolutely zero political violence. I did get into some good political discussions with certain professors, but no violence.

I'm not going to say such never happened anywhere, but I will say it is far, far from an accurate overall depiction of the South during Obama's administration.

When my wife worked at USC (SC) there was regularly mocking, nooses in trees, black face on black history month, and bar fights against liberals.

If that is true, it should be condemned and those who instigated it should be charged with a crime and expelled. Maybe USC is having some problems that need addressing?

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Excuse me?

I live in the rural Deep South, and I never heard of a single physical attack over support for Obama (which was admittedly sparse here) and certainly no nooses hanging from trees. And I seriously doubt there's a more conservative area than mine. I also attended UAH during that time and saw no, none, absolutely zero political violence. I did get into some good political discussions with certain professors, but no violence.

I'm not going to say such never happened anywhere, but I will say it is far, far from an accurate overall depiction of the South during Obama's administration.

If that is true, it should be condemned and those who instigated it should be charged with a crime and expelled. Maybe USC is having some problems that need addressing?

TheRedneck

thehill.com...

Check it out. If you don't believe my I can post pics of all the protests and well including the birther stuff.

Obama’s election in 2008 was preceded and followed by violent attacks and property destruction targeted against minorities.

Trump’s name and slogan, “Make America Great Again,” are being found alongside swastikas and anti-minority messages in graffiti around the nation.

Cross burnings. Schoolchildren chanting "Assassinate Obama." Black figures hung from nooses. Racial epithets scrawled on homes and cars.
Incidents around the country referring to President-elect Barack Obama are dampening the postelection glow of racial progress and harmony, highlighting the stubborn racism that remains in America.
From California to Maine, police have documented a range of alleged crimes, from vandalism and vague threats to at least one physical attack. Insults and taunts have been delivered by adults, college students and second-graders.

www.nbcnews.com...
edit on 20-10-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Really enjoyed your post and no, your not wrong for fearing for your sons safety. But I come away from this a mix of depressed and angry. Have we really fallen this far that you have to hide your support of our President? That you have hide our support for our country first? What the H has happened to give the left this much power to control us like this?

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   

From your link:

And while anti-Trump protesters have engaged in mostly peaceful demonstrations against the president-elect, pro-Trump supporters have been responsible for a wave of attacks against Muslims, Latinos, blacks, and the LGBT community.

I go by the same philosophy I use when buying a car: if the salesman will lie to me about something I can catch, he will gladly lie to me about something I can't. The statement that protestors against Trump are mostly peaceful may not be a complete lie, but it certainly attempts to twist the truth by excusing the regular and escalating violence we are all seeing.

I call complete BS.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

From your link:

And while anti-Trump protesters have engaged in mostly peaceful demonstrations against the president-elect, pro-Trump supporters have been responsible for a wave of attacks against Muslims, Latinos, blacks, and the LGBT community.

I go by the same philosophy I use when buying a car: if the salesman will lie to me about something I can catch, he will gladly lie to me about something I can't. The statement that protestors against Trump are mostly peaceful may not be a complete lie, but it certainly attempts to twist the truth by excusing the regular and escalating violence we are all seeing.

I call complete BS.

TheRedneck

Sure you do because you would never have changed your mind anyway. You believe the rhetoric.

There is plenty of evidence that political nuts on both sides are violent. If you want to believe that is false and Democrats are worse that's your prerogative.

There isn't actually evidence to support that but, hey go with the gut.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

You don't hear about it because you don't look or work in that field.

I guess it depends who you are and who the guy in office is instigating.

People generally are just getting worse and worse imo..

The Republicans have this as their campaign strategy literally, to frame this situation to seem like its isolated from political reality. When really college kids usually do dumb things. And crazy people do crazy things.

I am wondering if I didn't hear it - maybe its because it did not happen. You show me some proof and I will believe you. And let's be honest here, if there were ANY provable claims of that nature, of people beating up people that supported Obama just because they supported Obama it would have been on every major national news network just to prove how "unhinged and racist" conservative people are. You know that, we all know that. Why do you guys keep pretending these things? Do you get a Scooby snack every time you make up some garbage like this?

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Practicing what you preach is never easy. I think you fell short on this one. But I understand your reasons. Nothing is more important to someone than their child. You are human. You had a choice between your beliefs and your child’s safety and you chose your child. If you told him to wear it everywhere with pride and something happened to him you would blame yourself even though it wouldn’t have been your fault.
I’m a firm believer in the cold dead hands mantra, but if someone had a gun to my daughters head and made me choose between my second amendment and her life I think my priorities would change too.
Were you a hypocrite on this one? Short answer is yes. Welcome to the club, brother
edit on 20-10-2018 by Guiltyguitarist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Presented proof. It's on record with thousands of police reports after he was elected. There were racist protests and questioning of his birth etc..

Political nuts are nuts. Plain in and simple. Both sides have them. The majority of us find it repulsive. Unfortunately Republicans and Democrats who are in the minority love hating each other too much to stop.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Presented proof. It's on record with thousands of police reports after he was elected. There were racist protests and questioning of his birth etc..

Political nuts are nuts. Plain in and simple. Both sides have them. The majority of us find it repulsive. Unfortunately Republicans and Democrats who are in the minority love hating each other too much to stop.

Oh, so I have to go and look for your proof. Very good. Hey, remind me if any Democrat politicians have been shot while trying to play softball recently? Any of them attacked in their front yard from behind while mowing their lawn? Any of them been accosted and screamed at for hours on end within their offices and the Senate floor? Should I go on?

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fools

Oh, so I have to go and look for your proof. Very good. Hey, remind me if any Democrat politicians have been shot while trying to play softball recently? Any of them attacked in their front yard from behind while mowing their lawn? Any of them been accosted and screamed at for hours on end within their offices and the Senate floor? Should I go on?

It is just a few posts up in some links from 08. If you don't believe the source then are you asking me to start dialing police reports up?

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   

You're wasting your time. I've seen enough political circus to know exactly what's going on here: the internal polls showed the violence from the DNC is turning that blue wave red, so now they have to somehow blame it on the other guy. After all, the DNC has blamed Hillary's Russian collusion on Trump, their own racism on Trump, and their own intolerance on Trump. Seems projection is all they know.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

are you asking me to start dialing police reports up?

I am.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   

It's not up to us to find your proof, that's your job.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: TinySickTears

you had her take it off....

just wow

do you control everything she does? Does she let you?

That would be the day my husband made me do anything I did not want to do or stop me from doing what I want... like wear a pussy hat.
But then again he knows he is married to a person able to think for herself and the results if he attempts to control me.

God forbid he saved her from embarrassment by walking outside with that silly hat.

You must view her as a traitor to the genitals.

Just wow.

doge meme

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
Just curious, do the democrats have their own version/logo/brand equivalent to MAGA?
Make America Socialist Again or something?

Make America Socialist State Again.

MASSA

I can't take credit for that one

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
Just curious, do the democrats have their own version/logo/brand equivalent to MAGA?
Make America Socialist Again or something?

Make America Socialist State Again.

MASSA

I can't take credit for that one
Lol, y'all should have a battle of the hats, winner being most hats sold which were made by US workers.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join