It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Bought My Son A MAGA Hat And Now I Am Afraid

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

She’s been home schooled, so I didn’t have to worry about the school mass shooter, but she’s starting to take classes at the local community college, so now I have to worry about her getting shot to pieces there...

Honestly, your more likely to get hit by lightning, twice, than to be involved in a school shooting, despite the fear mongering by the media.

On the other hand, the real thing you should be worried about when sending your daughter to college in 2018...

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: angeldoll
a reply to: IAMTAT

He's as dumb as a rock.

I completely disagree...and I'm a pretty smart guy.
Nevertheless,,...you're certainly entitled to CNN's opinion.

So smart you need advice for conspiracy theorists on if it's a good a idea to wear a maga hat in public in the current political climate....

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Good evening IAMTAT,

Your post has inspired me to share a tale of history that in my own history has left me burned by people in my own circles for sharing, but I welcome that persecution again because I know it to be true.

So your story of a Make America Great Again hat forces me to ponder and share this sentiment yet again. I feel it's a truth that can relate to your current experienece as well as to all of those who feel this same sentiment at this time in our human evolution.

I'm not Jewish. I'm far from it. The idea of any deity is all but an abstraction to me.

But out of respect for history, that is, through the study of the actions and feelings of humans on any mass scale, I must recognize that the signposts are readily visible to those who hold beliefs of love of any kind that the reality of how difficult it can be to believe in something deeper than what the masses might be feeling is challenging. What it is to be truly a proud minrority. Jews, Christians, atheists, Mulsims, Buddhists, all beliefs, have had moments of this pride snd resulting persecution.

Yes, like the Jews in Europe's no so distant past.

Historically the yellow star of David was once a sign of Jewish pride in Germany. The yellow star on a shirt was for a time a sense of pride to wear for German Jews. For a long time it represented the light of their deity and was voluntarily worn with pride; not unlike Christians today wearing a gold cross necklace.

It was worn with pride at a time that Germany was in a state of dissaray. Brothels were the rage in places like Hamburg and Berlin. Intoxication of all kinds was taking hold on a massive scale. The Jews of post Great War Germany watched the macabre, sexualization, and imorality of Germany while wearing that yellow Jewish star of their King David as a symbol thatt heir gods light of love was still burning. through it. That beyond the German slip into imorrality there was still a righteous and good light, and that even if it was the light of the minority of their time, they wore it to represent the light and love of their god. It's true, Jews wore the yellow star of their King David with pride in 1925 Germany. It was a sign of faith in something of love and properly uninhibitrd grounding; yes, many Jews wore it with pride. Like Christians wear a cross or simple men wear a MAGA hat today. Just the same as now, to them the star was a light that mankinfd could be something better than the brothels, gambling tables, and macabre of 20's Germany.

Later that star would be forced upon them. No longer a choice, later that yellow star of David was corrupted to become a tool used to identify and martyr them.

The MAGA hat of today is becoming the yelow star of David . Your subconscience is aware of that, it's the reason for your hestitation here. Persecution awaits those who believe love requires law yet again. And evil is waiting, yet again, to persecute those that believe love requires order. Evil is again persecuting those that shine a light on the fact that justice, and its judgenent, is a necesity for true love to flourish.

Those that believe love is a cornerstone for a proper and sober society are under attack again. The story repeats iteself, and your mind knows it. We who know that universal truth can all relate, we just have to admit it to ourselves and each other.

The good news is that the story this time ends the same way as it ended the last time and the time before that and tge time before that regardless if we are pagan, atheist, or believer in a deity greater than man It's those that believe love, true love, conquers all that accept the persecution because that love is worth the persecution. It did then and will again.

Everyone has the choice of what side they stand and the choice is as clear now as it has always been and everybody knows.

So if you're grounding is love, I say wear the cross, wear the star, wear the hat. As long as your heart or your son's heart, has its roots gounded in an eternal movement that's built through loving justice and is best at the peril of judgement greater than mankind, you will not lose. It will be you that survives the persecutions of slavery, lions, and gas chambers. The evils of mass ego will yet again be judged rightly as it jas in yhe past. And yet again, in time the evil will rise again, and again love will trump it.

Love will always suffer against the sins of ego, and love will always conquer through those perils as long as it's love at the roots of the persecuted cross, star, or your son's MAGA hat.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 04:03 AM
link   

You are a bad liar, and a bad father.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 04:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

I've been wearing my MAGA hat for several months now and there is not a day that goes by that I don't wear it all day every day. I havent had any issues.

Thanks.
That is really good to know.

My son is not timid in discussions with his friends and family about his opinions...and he says he really enjoys debating with others on the Left...and does so intelligently and logically...not belligerently (I think he got all his smarts from his mom).

He volunteered as a local poll-watcher for the 2016 Presidential election...and told ME before the election that he was absolutely certain Trump was going to win by a large margin over Clinton.

I remember at the time, not being anywhere near as certain as he was.

I'm sure it depends on the area you are in as far as backlash for the hat. A smart person can sense when he comes into such an environment, and even more the others can sense a smart person in their presence.They don't typically like to deal with a smart person on an intellectual level so they won't initiate the conversation. but if they do, it seems your son would sniff it out and will just decline to have any sort of debate when it is not in the appropriate setting.

My Dad probably would not have warned me of his concern if he had any such as this. However I would have definitely done the same as you. Let him know of the danger in a subtle way and then afterword remind him of the man code as far as standing up.

Your concerns and warnings are not without warrant. He probably already knows about your concerns and worries. He needs support from you when he decides to do the right thing. I think you should buy a MAGA hat and wear it with him when possible. Show him that you stand by your principles which is now the both of yours'. He is not just an extension of you, you are also an extension of him. He as your son loves the fact that you are an extension of him. He is proud of you.

--enough of that. I have a question. Is he serving in this election the same as he did the last one? I'd like some inside nibbles on his poll numbers like he did last time heh?

May your higher selves serve you well.

-AA

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Simple solution ... remove hat .

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Said someone attending a Hitler youth rally....

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 04:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: rigel4

Simple solution ... remove hat .

That is most certainly a solution, bow to your oppressors. Do you take your own advice and bow to your oppressors?

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Not exactly sure how to feel about this one. I'll just throw this out there as it seems kind of related...

I was in the airport the other day and I was waiting for the train. As I was standing there a guy walked over to where I was. He was wearing a worn black leather biker vest. I kind of moved around behind him to see what it said on the back. I was pretty surprised to see the big "Hell's Angels" patch on the back. The guy was all tatted up, and the vest was the "real deal", complete with numerous other patches signifying membership. As I stood there a number of thoughts popped into my noggin'.

1. This dude must either be crazy, or he has a death wish. That, or he's the baddest Mutha'-F#r on the planet!

2. A fella would have to be crazy to go out in public, alone, sporting "colors" of a major bike club like that. There could be 50 other people nearby (not wearing colors) from clubs like the Mongol's, Son's of Silence or the Bandito's who would shank this dude in one second flat.

3. The dichotomy of the moment struck me. Here's a guy sporting the colors of one of the most notorious biker gangs in history, but he's inside an airport, behind security, in effectively a weapons free zone. How odd.

4. Maybe I should move over 'there' and not stand so close! No tellin' what might happen in this dude's vicinity.

5. The real clincher was, this dude didn't look like too much of a bad ass. I mean, he clearly wasn't a punk, but Chuck Norris he most certainly was not. For a moment I even wondered if he was a real Hell's Angel. If he was a fraud he had bigger cajones than any airliner was ever going to be able to haul. If he was the real deal he must have a few screws loose to go out in public alone like this.

I don't know, your dilemma kind of reminded me of this. Seems kind of related.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Right. I'ts either balls or stupidity on his part unless he is genuine. Balls for misrepresenting, no balls needed for representing. I'm going to go with the fact that most people aren't stupid enough to misrepresent. I'm gonna go with genuine. Also not all genuine biker dudes earned their colores yesterday at 23 years old. Some of them were 23 a decade or so ago and are old and respected. Your best bet is not to find out one way or another....He will learn real quick if he is faking...perhaps that is the way he chooses to go out. Suicide by Hells Angels. Sounds fun

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 06:13 AM
link   

It's sad that there are such immature and sick people out there that would beat on a person just for wearing a hat they don't like. Tolerance is a two-way street, otherwise, it's not tolerance its something else.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 06:25 AM
link   

What’s wrong with America? With all the issues going on in the world, the very real problems staring us in the face. You people are more concerned about the effects if any of wearing a MAGNA hat. A fu King MAGNA hat! Like anyone should give a crap.

America has gone full retarded, the issues you concern yourselves with are petty, personalised and childish.

This isn’t a personal attack on you Tat or any commentators in this thread. It’s an observation on the American public in general no matter which side of the political fence they stand on. It’s like you’re brainwashed into losing your minds over non issue stuff, triggered I believe is the word. Be careful because that is predictive programming and it’s going to be really ugly if you can’t snap out of tiny reality bubbles.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: Sillyolme
I had to google 'pussyhat' never seen one in my parts, I'd have assumed a fashion thing if I had, it's not a cause I was aware of before now.
Would people really be angry about hats promoting female rights?
That's nuts.

Cant believe you havent seen one, havent you heard they got Tom Jones to sing their rallying cry....

Whats new pussy hat whooaaa whooaa whoooa.

The world has gone crazy... and yes its on both sides on any controversial subject.

My youngest daughter, now a young adult has moved into a lets just more rural conservative area. she was telling me about wearing some a t-shirt questioning religion in a non threatening way. Well she was out at a restaurant and another patron saw it and began to question her, like religious people are apt to do. Nothing threatening but still something that stopped her dining and led to a discussion, and kind of irritated her. Me being a guy would nipped it in the bud and said mind your own blanking business with no qualms about it. But found myself telling her #1 when you wear stuff like that in todays hair triggered society, you are like a flames to a bunch of crazy moths. People that dont know you and have already judged you why ask for the BS.

We have lost respect for peoples right to individual personal beliefs on both sides, It reminds me that for many elections my Mom and Dad would go to the polling place to vote. My father would mostly vote republican and my mom would mostly vote democrat they lived together happily for almost 60 years, and yet they never argued over it LOL and rarely even would comment on it, they respected each others personal choice.

Instead of the immature name calling and arguing thats not changing any peoples mind we ought to start and end it with thats your decision while I dont agree I do understand agree and respect that its your personal freedom to do so. I try not to hate anybody and even though I have strong beliefs I dont hate anybody on here that has the opposite view. If anything I'm intrigued by it and want to learn why they think that way I try and listen and understand their views , cause its not anybodies fault how they were raised or how their life experiences have shaped them. Most times when lines are drawn in the sand and arms are crossed and people wont budge it means neither side is 100 percent correct.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Thought-provoking post.

Is wearing a crucifix/Star of David necklace/Hijab in public...really any different than wearing a MAGA OR PUSSYHAT in public?

ALL represent a set of deeply-held beliefs the wearer adheres to and proudly proclaims.

edit on 20-10-2018 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Buy him a firearm and teach him how to use it. He has the right to use force to uphold his rights, including the right to be free from grave and life-threatening deadly force.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

In liberal vt he could since they have no carry laws. Most states though, uh..no. a few in the south have castle laws.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
Buy him a firearm and teach him how to use it. He has the right to use force to uphold his rights, including the right to be free from grave and life-threatening deadly force.

why do so many jump to guns?

grave and life threatening deadly force?

and i have been thinking OP

if youre so damn scared about it why did you buy it for him?

reality does not always fit with what should be

my wife should be able to wear the pussy hat when we go out
reality is it is totally possibly these days some asshole will get in her face about it.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I don't think you will really have to worry about violent liberals over a MAGA hat. I would be more worried about social implications for your son if anything. I'm guessing whatever media you partake in is sensationalizing a few stories to blow this idea of violent liberals out of proportion.
edit on 20amSat, 20 Oct 2018 10:25:49 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

So liberals are violent if they are offended by a MAGA hat and the pacifist conservatives are going to pull out their guns in response?

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

I've been wearing my MAGA hat for several months now and there is not a day that goes by that I don't wear it all day every day. I havent had any issues.

this is strange to me too

replace the maga for whatever from any politician

love it so much you dont wear it all day every day???

i am not picturing you like warren from there is something about mary
hahahahahahaha

touch that hat get #ed up

have you seen my MAGA hat?

ahahahahahahahahha

calm down. dont E shoot me. its a joke

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join