It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Bought My Son A MAGA Hat And Now I Am Afraid

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

A few weeks ago, I wore my NRA (national rifle association, FYI) hat in downtown Portland...nothing happened. I don't even recall even a glare coming my way...

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Just curious, do the democrats have their own version/logo/brand equivalent to MAGA?

Yeah they do

Did You Guess This ?
edit on 19-10-2018 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fools
a reply to: IAMTAT

Not to be an ass, but if my son wanted to wear a MAGA hat I would fully support it. And I would have no fear really because I would feel very sorry for anyone that attempted to remove it from his head. They would regret that moment.

I don't think that's the concern. There's nothing you can do if he's approached and you're not with him. That's where the concern comes in at.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: CADpro

Deflecting to hide the fact you're blowing smoke.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Well Another Idea would be to get a Make America Great Again Red Hat Written in Chinese . How Many of those Dumb Ahasses know how to Read Chinese ? ............_)

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Standing up for beliefs is altogether different than pridefully displaying them like a turkey in it's hunting season.

When confronted one should stand by their convictions.
But revealing oneself using an object that to you may show support for the president but also leaves those with bias opportunity for wild conjecture as to why he wears that hat.

When Christ preached he spoke of the Pharisees who put on makeup so as to appear starved and malnourished when they went out in public.

They looked like devout fasters, but in fact were not.

He also taught to practice in secret.

Your son should not have to fear wearing his hat.
He shouldn't have to.
But "they" singled us out for supporting the so called enemy of their cause to force us all to be as they are.

Not wearing a maga hat is not a failure to stand up for his beliefs.

It's a sign of modesty and discipline.

He does not need to stand out like a cardinal in spring for the vultures to descend upon in order to stand by his beliefs.

You and He didn't support Trump for his bloody red hat.

That hats like wearing your team colors and flag while at a Hooligan Rugby match.
You will bring trouble.
Now if you want some trouble and team angst for both sides wear it.

But if you are trying to get through a day in hostile territory then you blend in.

It is never been a war crime to disguise yourselves as another nations boat or enemy soldier, but when you DO decide to engage you must by the Rules of Engagement raise your true colors before firing the first shot.

It's called a Ruse of War.

Standing up for your beliefs doesn't mean painting a target on your back.
That's how Martyrs are made.

A thin line between courage and anger,
An even thinner line exists between Bravery and Stupidity.

Your son should never deny what he believes, that's how he stands for them.

But to wear a cross, is hypocritical to Christianity.

Tell him to wear it at rallies.
Tell him to wear it when he wants.
But also warn him.
Warn him that getting hurt or killed in a pointless confrontation with some nobodies is not standing for your beliefs, for if he believes in family values he should cherish his family and not do Anything that would bring harm or sorrow to them.

So don't think of it as your or his own good. This is more about what's good for all involved.

So go now and find your son, and tell him you might have mixed up the difference between standing by your beliefs,
Vs putting up a tribal flag meant to invite trouble.

Cause trouble doesn't have to look for you, it pretty much knows where you are at all times.

It should not be fear of violence, you should in pity wish to assist the opposition in maintaining self control, cause they lack the maturity to keep their hands to themselves and act respectful of other persons and their personal space and property..

So it's not a failure you see? To stand up for beliefs?
It's a peacock feathers.
It's pride.
Vanity even.

And none of those bring good things.

Now go clear this up with your son. And tell him he can wear it with you if he wants, but until he's his own man he cannot wear it alone.

As the ones who would target him will come in greater size or greater numbers, for targeting the weak and defenseless is the mark of cowardice. The mark of the LEFTs more misguided youth. I would hate for a hat to cause him personal strife as well..

Take it from an Extremist Tat, when the Election results came through I saw alot of left leaning people ban ANYONE, even their oldest and most loved friends, over a stupid VOTE!

When I saw this you know what I did?
I didn't give nothing of an answer, though I posted some memes that week for laughs.

Had one that showed Raul Julius in Street fighter as M Bison during his Bisonica Codex Speech.

It read "For you, the day I graced your Homeland with a President you hated was the most important day of your life....but for me, it was only Tuesday"

It's a twist off his words to Chun li about killing her father when he raided her village.

Anyway. I still have all my gay and leftist friends, all my favorites still love me.
Know why? Because I decided that if they were petty enough to turn their backs on someone they love over a vote they only THINK they valued more...

Then they were unworthy of being able to rid themselves of me so simply, too Immature.

I lost respect for their good sense, I thought them petty, childish.

And I also realized the last thing I want is this childish behaviour to have an Echo chamber of 100%.

So here I sit. My friends all around, they would call me a snake, a Judas if they knew that a "Lex Luthor" class intellectual enemy sat amongst them.
They would scream for blood if they knew they sat with "Hans Lander" AkA The Jew Hunter(not a Jew Hunter, but I am righties Intelligence, I play chess)

The point is, I convinced myself that I hid the truth not only because they could not maturely handle a debate, but because I needed to spy and keep an eye on all of them..

But I realized, despite my games...I will never sell my friends who turned out to be Antifa out to the public, or betray anything I learn of them to the other side.

I twist and wriggle like a slippery fish around direct questions all the time, I lie, by omission.

I deceive by my silence.

Because I just don't think this era in politics should cost me 12 years of social effort and friendship.

Because I love them, though they would never love me anymore if they knew I deceived them just so I didn't have to lose them.

Because my belief is in Love and War.
And if I cannot find it in my heart to War, then I will Deny, Deny and deceive and Like with a silver tongue so that I can Love.

So for the Love of peace, out that hat away.
For the Love of All his future friendships, hide that hat.

"For what Profit is it to a man, if he Gains the World, yet loses his soul?"

Trump's here for 8 years max.
And he's not the one who's gonna watch your back or be there when you need a shoulder to cry on.

They Are! Therefore your beliefs stand for all.
And he can show his left friends compassion, by not wearing the markers that CNN has brainwashed their parents minds and they their children.

Love man. If he believes in love he will respect that there is a time and place for that hat.
And that you never tell the truth to those who cannot handle the truth.

edit on 19-10-2018 by AutisticEvo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: TinySickTears

Can I have it? I'll wear it while I vacuum the house.

Easy, Augustus, you'll start making vegan ham and soy pita melts, too.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

originally posted by: SprocketUK

I bet, but isn't your boy the size of a tree?

Haha yes, I'll admit that, he could pick me up and throw me around easy, he's senior squad tight-head prop for our town's rugby team.
He'd probably defend me these days, and when I'm out with his mates I feel safe as houses, those little boys I watched play rugby from age 6 are all monsters now.
I was in his house recently and the whole scrum pack were there partying, there was over a metric tonne of blokes, I was thinking don't jump around too much or the floor will go through lol

Nice... I always wanted to play rugby but it never really picked up around here so I had to play football (American football, not soccer).

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

Its amazing how much bigger packs are now. I played prop, lock and flanker through school These days I'd be the Austin Healy type giving it large at the back

We still talking about rugby here?

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
a reply to: TheRedneck

In any case, I remind you that "the credible threat of violence can be a more effective deterrent than violence." Do you really want to live in a country where such threats are the preferred method of political discourse?

Good God Almighty, man. Lol! You don't need to talk to me about that, but somebody sure needs to talk to Donald trump about it because he is off the frickin' rails. Have you heard the latest? "My kind of guy" is someone who "body slammed a reporter"? This is taking denial of reality to a new level.

He is promoting violence and it is an outright abuse of power.

Open your eyes and smell his blood thirst.

He said his kind of guy is one that slammed a reporter? Or did he call someone his kind of guy, and that guy just so happened to bodyslam a reporter at one point in his life? It makes a difference, please provide the link.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: spacedoubt
MAGA hats make your head look tiny.
But they are kind To comb overs.

Heh. I won't lie, the style is the only reason I don't have one. I prefer one that doesn't have a point in the top center and has a bill I can heavily curve.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

A few weeks ago, I wore my NRA (national rifle association, FYI) hat in downtown Portland...nothing happened. I don't even recall even a glare coming my way...

You're probably intimidating looking, too. I'd imagine if you weren't, you would have been approached. However, most of these radicals wouldn't notice an NRA hat like they would a bright red MAGA hat. I wore an LSU ball cap on the Texas A&M campus while visiting my GF's cousin in 2000 and if looks could kill, I'd have been a dead man.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Yeah, he shouldn't have said that. I agree. Of course, I have to ask how many mobs of angry Republicans have ran Democratic leaders out of restaurants over it? How many Democrat Congressmen have been shot because they were Democrats? How many groups of Republican-backed mobs are taking over city streets and attacking people?

You're complaining about someone shooting off a BB gun in the middle of the shootout at the OK Corral...

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   

It's sad that politics has become so polarised, he should be able to wear the hat proudly but as we know in this day and age that red hat will make him a target to some lunatic out there.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33

Just curious, do the democrats have their own version/logo/brand equivalent to MAGA?

Yeah they do

Did You Guess This ?

Ah yes, the pussy hat... The repulsive irony of that is almost too much.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: angeldoll

Yeah, he shouldn't have said that. I agree. Of course, I have to ask how many mobs of angry Republicans have ran Democratic leaders out of restaurants over it? How many Democrat Congressmen have been shot because they were Democrats? How many groups of Republican-backed mobs are taking over city streets and attacking people?

You're complaining about someone shooting off a BB gun in the middle of the shootout at the OK Corral...

TheRedneck

You must have missed the memo. Those weren't democrats doing all of that. They were right wing extremists. That's why stats show the 70% of attacks and violence are committed by all these crazy right wing extremists. Can't you see?

Call me crazy, but I'd bet you have a higher chance of being struck by lightening than being attacked by a right winger. However, your chances of being attacked by antifa or another left wing crowd, just for daring to be in their presence, are about the same chance you have of going to bed at night.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I have a gal who does some work for me... who is a hardcore lefty.

A couple weeks ago, as a gag (because we prank each other, sorta like siblings do. I love this little gal like she is family) I printed out about a 6 inch square "Save America! Vote Republican!" sticker, bright red, U.S. flag in the middle, and snuck out to stick it on her bumper.

I thought about it, and since the gag was pointed at HER, I deliberately put it on her FRONT bumper... because if it was on her back bumper, LOTS of folks would see it.

Now... she is driving a recently acquired new car. She got done working, got in her car... I watched as she went to the car. She didn't notice, jumped in and drove off.

So... about 20 minutes goes by... and I start thinking about what has been going on in America with leftists justifying violence and property destruction of folks they don't agree with.

I just couldn't deal with that risk, called her... and told her I had fastened a little surprise to her front bumper... and be sure and look when she next got out of her car.

4 years ago... and I am very right leaning... I can tell you, that anyone with a "VOTE DNC" or Obama bumper sticker did NOT have to worry about this kind of stuff.

IAMTAT - this isn't something you needed to worry about 3 years ago... but things have changed. The perceptions and belies of left leaning folks have been weaponized, by a power elite that have a massive amount to lose. They are playing for keeps.

They wouldn't hesitate to start a world war, to prevent pubic disclosure of their crimes. I might add, many of those "left leaning folks" parade around as Republicans.

Good on ya, mate... for protecting your son.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Nevermind.

edit on 10/19/2018 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   

I don't like Trump and I think he's an idiot. But having said that, I would never insult someone wearing a MAGA Hat. I would never attack them and if it came down to it, I would step in to stop a leftist beat down of a maga hat wearing conservative.

I hat that's what our country has become. Intolerant and hateful. He should be able to wear it. It's not inherently racist or hateful. I don't agree with it, but that's what makes our country great.

In today's climate you're in for at least some verbal sparring if you wear it anywhere. He should be prepared for that. I have a student that wears an "I miss Obama shirt" all the time. I feel the same way about her, that could cause a conflict or confrontation. She's almost a black belt though and pretty ferocious so I don't really worry about her.

(post by AutisticEvo removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join