It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Bought My Son A MAGA Hat And Now I Am Afraid

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

So does slavery...

Okay.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears
Lol, it's a crazy world for sure. From all your posts you seem quite happy with your family unit and 6 year old, but then if your woman gets a beating for wearing a hat no wonder she behaves.

...joking, but sillyoldme and her outrage was, well, silly to be honest. Making out you control your woman like a tyrant lol

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I would say its smart to make him aware of it. After that its his decision though i will admit my daughter wanted to go to a protest and i told her no. I'm glad she's standing up for her beliefs however being 16 i told her it was not a risk I'm willing to take. Oh and she is definately a liberal because shes further left than me.

As i was told im not really a democrat i guess i just play one on TV. On a serious note there has been some problems in her school as well. There is a battle going on between the left and the right and many like me have been left in the middle.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: angeldoll

Funny looks and being attacked are two entirely different things. I give my son-in-law funny looks because he wears an earring. I'm not going to fight him over it.

If we don't separate expressing disgust or disagreement with physical attack, we are lost. Please don't be lost.

TheRedneck

Red, there was no physical attack here. Just fear of an attack, or one might say paranoia.

Quite frankly, I would feel much safer in this country wearing a MAGA hat then a "team Mueller" hat.
And that's the way it is.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Don't wear anything signifying an affinity to President Trump into restaurants. Disgusting things have been done to food before it's served to MAGA supporters. Sad, but true. Twas the same way when Obama was President.

Best advice is to keep your political beliefs out of public view, when in places where you depend on employees. Restaurants, Hospitals, etc..

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr
I haven't been on a good protest for a while, maybe see how Brexit turns out and you may see me in that #hole London again if the left try keeping us in the EU.
I'll definitely wear my vote leave shirt haha, my son will probably come as well, be his first protest with me, father/son time and all that. Few beers, get 'kettled' by cops, maybe some scuffles with the remainer folk, all good fun.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I wish I lived in a country where putting everyone in a group and making fun of them was still frowned on.

As an experiment replace Jew or Christian in the liberal or conservative commentary and ask yoursef if your promoting bigotry.

We don't have to impose our own wounds all the time.
edit on 19-10-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   

You're a good dad.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: luthier

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: TinySickTears

you had her take it off....

just wow

do you control everything she does? Does she let you?

That would be the day my husband made me do anything I did not want to do or stop me from doing what I want... like wear a pussy hat.
But then again he knows he is married to a person able to think for herself and the results if he attempts to control me.

This could also be a sign you don't respect your husband or consider his advice...

Personally my wife and I save each other from all kinds of embarrassing things,..but then again we are friends.

Yeah silly. I forced her and beat her.

Just so you know, I have sent this to the local civic authorities, the FBI, and Interpol. I have also used a time traveling carrier pigeon to alert the KGB. My next letter will be to Saudi Arabia, so don't enter any consulates, unless you want a medal.
edit on 19-10-2018 by karmicecstasy because: I had nothing better to do

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   
My mom wanted to wear one, but my dad told her no. I had to agree with him. My mom is not really good with her emotions. Someone attacking her in public for it would be hard for her to get past. She doesn't understand the political climate right now, thinks it would be fun to wear it. I hate that i had to vote it down, but the hate that would come at her would eat her alive. I know, i am her go to when she needs to be talked down and she feels things very deeply. I think i will get her one, with the stipulation she wear it at home.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Red, there was no physical attack here. Just fear of an attack, or one might say paranoia.

I would say, based on the riots and mob attacks that seem to happen daily across the country now, that the fear was credible. Paranoia is an unreasonable fear.

In any case, I remind you that "the credible threat of violence can be a more effective deterrent than violence." Do you really want to live in a country where such threats are the preferred method of political discourse?

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: karmicecstasy
Shouldn't he be forced to wear a MAGA hat in downtown Portland Oregon or somewhere?
That'll teach him.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Stealu1two

I'm an hour North of Springfield and wear my MAGA hat everywhere without any problems.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   
You are a good Father for being concerned about the welfare of your Son. I was just discussing with a friend last night how crazy things are and all the violence surrounding politics. It is complete insanity.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
You are a good Father for being concerned about the welfare of your Son. I was just discussing with a friend last night how crazy things are and all the violence surrounding politics. It is complete insanity.

I can't think of any other situation except religion where people know they are being lied to yet are willing to destroy relationships or hurt people over the lies they acknowledge they are being told.

Fortunately it's a tiny portion of the population over covered by the media that actually get violent right now.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Never be afraid to display the truth.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   

You are not wrong to fear for his safety. That's where we are now.

Good Dad.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Personally even I would be hesitant to wear a MAGA hat around these parts. However, I'm in Washington State which has been solidly blue for 20+ years. I get fingers at stoplights just for my NRA sticker.

Even as a United States Marine combat veteran...I dont think I'd wear one unless I was in the mood for confrontation. That being said, it's not because I FEAR for my safety because I'm relatively sure none of these pansy man-girls out here would actually have the cajones to say anything to my face....it's just that I don't go looking for that so why even risk it.

I also tend to think they wouldn't necessarily try to do harm to me, but might vandalize my vehicle or something of that sort. It's just an unnecessary risk.

Risk assessment....completed. conclusion...not worth.

A2D

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   
You are half right, Yes! you should buy a MAGA hat, but give it your mother in law.....

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Your son is what's wrong with this country. You are what's wrong with this country. I am what is wrong with this country. And everyone reading and posting here are what is wrong with this country.

It was, and still is, only ignorant jackasses that run around telling everyone who they voted for like it was a badge of honor.

When I was young people tended to keep who they voted for to themselves. And there are very few REAL men and women out there these days. In the last election I met one. One. That's how rare these people are.

Each and every one of us is the problem. Choke on that when you're talking like you understand anything about anything. We're all of us useless idiots. And anyone who disagrees with me is most of all.

edit on 19-10-2018 by Rookseven because: Grammar

edit on 19-10-2018 by Rookseven because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join