It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Bought My Son A MAGA Hat And Now I Am Afraid

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Am I wrong to fear for his safety?
Was I wrong to express my concerns?

Reluctantly, he said he will not wear it around in public...but I feel like such a hipocrite...and still worry, he may wear it out and be harmed.

You did the right thing.

As a parent, his safety must come FIRST.

However, this is also an EXCELLENT time to teach about the persecution of those with differing beliefs. The fact that we even HAVE this concern now, is like a giant step back in time.

It's like carrying a Jewish flag in Berlin, in the 40's, to wear a MAGA hat, and this is in the US, in 2018. Its ridiculous. Worse, the ones acting like Nazis don't even REALIZE they are doing it. And when you see Dem politicians calling for such violence, it certainly provides for a powerful lesson for your son.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: luthier

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: TinySickTears

you had her take it off....

just wow

do you control everything she does? Does she let you?

That would be the day my husband made me do anything I did not want to do or stop me from doing what I want... like wear a pussy hat.
But then again he knows he is married to a person able to think for herself and the results if he attempts to control me.

This could also be a sign you don't respect your husband or consider his advice...

Personally my wife and I save each other from all kinds of embarrassing things,..but then again we are friends.

Love the conclusions people jump to.

Yeah silly. I forced her and beat her.
What the hell is your problem

Luthier, you get it.

I agreed with you telling her this. My wife won’t let me wear a concealed carry shirt... because she thinks it’s tacky and redneck (neither of which we are). Lol nor do I even own a gun to conceal carry! I got the shirt for free and it looks cool.

But.. she deprived me, beat me with a rolling pin, and wouldn’t make me more sammiches so I conceded. She’s very liberal who doesn’t even pay attention to politics along with the rest of her family. The utter pain they all had when they woke up when Trump was elected was priceless... me... I was like..ok we’ll see... probably same sh!t.

I’m just going to have to throw it out there as I have been reading on this site for years etc.... Silly is just too proud of being a woman, the feminist in her is strong.

Then again. It might be she is parsing how you typed it.. which is easy to do on the internet.

Btw... I enjoy your humor, keep it up

new topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join