It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Bought My Son A MAGA Hat And Now I Am Afraid

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
LOL,, this is hilarious

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chance321

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: Fools

Presented proof. It's on record with thousands of police reports after he was elected. There were racist protests and questioning of his birth etc..

Political nuts are nuts. Plain in and simple. Both sides have them. The majority of us find it repulsive. Unfortunately Republicans and Democrats who are in the minority love hating each other too much to stop.

It's not up to us to find your proof, that's your job.

It's up to you to look at the links right? Or is scrolling up too hard?

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: luthier

are you asking me to start dialing police reports up?

I am.

TheRedneck

Four New York men have pleaded guilty to a string of racially motivated assaults on the night Obama was elected as the first black US president, official said.

www.google.com...

Obama family monument vandalized

www.politico.com...

side window and looping down and across my trunk in an effort to mess up as many parts of my car as possible. In the centre of the scrawl, just to the left of the petrol cap, was a crudely hewn "O" with the universal circle-and-slash. Three feet behind it on the bumper, completely unmolested, was my bright blue Obama '08 sticker.

www.google.com...

Nearly a month after the election, on the night of Dec. 6, Johnson, 33, pulled into a Shreveport gas station behind the wheel of his GMC Yukon adorned with Obama bumper stickers. Wearing an Obama T-shirt, Johnson purchased a soft drink and was returning to his vehicle when he was jumped by three white men shouting "# Obama!" and "Nigger president!" The pummeling left Johnson with a broken nose and a fractured eye socket that required surgery.

In Las Vegas, a small business owner fired 22 of his 114 employees because Obama was elected and "elections have consequences." The owner told a local radio station he needed to build up a "nest egg" because of "taxes and regulations" Obama would instate. (CBS Local)

Donald Trump joined Nugent in launching a Twitter tirade, calling the election "a total sham and a travesty" even before Obama was declared victor. After poll numbers came in, the real estate tycoon urged people to start a "revolution in this country," though he declined to say what that revolution would look like. Trump later deleted many of his angry tweets. (Huffington Post)

Conservative radio talk show host Neal Boortz reportedly sarcastically congratulated a series of bad people for doing bad things throughout history, including Adolf Hitler, serial killer Ted Bundy, terrorist group Al-Qaeda and then... President Obama. (Media Matters)

Shreveport police arrested an East Texas man Tuesday on charges he beat a black man who said he was attacked because he was wearing an Obama T-shirt. 

In the highest-profile case, a federal grand jury indicted Jeffrey Conroy, 17, for second-degree murder and classed it as a hate crime last week after Marcelo Lucero of Ecuadorian descent was stabbed to death on New York's Long Island.

edit on 20-10-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Why in the world would anyone wear a MAGA hat? I could see buying one and keeping it as a souvenir, but wearing it is something that should never be done. I hope you did not spend much on the hat, that is probably a worse investment than buying a Mega Millions ticket.

I think the Trumpy bears are kind of unique though. Too expensive but at least in thirty years you will get your money back for the bear if you keep it in good shape.
edit on 20-10-2018 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Four New York men have pleaded guilty to a string of racially motivated assaults on the night Obama was elected as the first black US president, official said.

As a condition of his plea, Nicoletti agreed to a sentence of 12 years in prison, although the length is subject to a judge's approval, said court spokesman Robert Nardoza.

Three other men -- Brian Carranza, 21, and Michael Contreras and Bryan Garaventa, both 18 -- pleaded guilty to conspiring to commit hate crime assaults, Nardoza said. Each faces up to 10 years in prison.

In prison, where they deserve to be... and, just a hint, New York is not in the South.

Wait! I thought statues were bad and had to be destroyed! Would you like a list of Confederate memorials vandalized in the last year?

Next one...

I'll see your keying and raise you one inferno: 'I feel violated': Man says his truck was torched because of Trump bumper stickers

I can't look at the rest because you didn't provide links.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Why in the world would anyone wear a MAGA hat? I could see buying one and keeping it as a souvenir, but wearing it is something that should never be done. I hope you did not spend much on the hat, that is probably a worse investment than buying a Mega Millions ticket.

$10.
Should people not wear ANY cap with a logo?...Just keep as a souvenir?
Yankees? Astros? Cubs? Dodgers?

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

replace the maga for whatever from any politician

It's not about any one politician. It's a movement.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   

As a condition of his plea, Nicoletti agreed to a sentence of 12 years in prison, although the length is subject to a judge's approval, said court spokesman Robert Nardoza.

Three other men -- Brian Carranza, 21, and Michael Contreras and Bryan Garaventa, both 18 -- pleaded guilty to conspiring to commit hate crime assaults, Nardoza said. Each faces up to 10 years in prison.

In prison, where they deserve to be... and, just a hint, New York is not in the South.

Wait! I thought statues were bad and had to be destroyed! Would you like a list of Confederate memorials vandalized in the last year?

Next one...

I'll see your keying and raise you one inferno: 'I feel violated': Man says his truck was torched because of Trump bumper stickers

I can't look at the rest because you didn't provide links.

TheRedneck

Lol. But it didn't happen. Republicans and conservatives never use violence and didn't after Obama was elected.

No, its angry mobs of Democrats on every street in every town. Every candidate is running on violence.

Nope looks like Republican and Democrat zealots are nuta and violent.

How about Gifford. She was shot for promoting gun control?

Again deflection doesn't fool logic.

Republicans and Democrats who are zealots are a problem and its getting worse on both sides. I haven't even mentioned all the stuff post trump. Particularly anti semitism.

But you surely can cut and paste my entries. And you can surely see the sources notes at the bottom.

Anyhow I knew you would make excuses and play oh yeah but we are bigger victims.....

Nah. Political party zealots are nuts. They do crazy things. Racists and bigots do as well. Whether antifa or white supramacists.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysticrecluse
a reply to: pteridine

I believe there used to be a time when political views were respected and rarely talked about.

Like...it was a respected thing among US citizens...you just...never talked about it, and everyone got along just fine. You have your belief, I have mine.

Anymore, everyone wants to proudly show their support for their party, and while I get it, I just think it's a bit much. Have your beliefs. Own up to your convictions. But don't announce it to the world, and it's almost becoming a necessity to live that way because of fear of backlash. It's almost...Orwellian.

Scary times we live in, but I agree. Keep the hat for rallies, but respect others' opinions and keep the hat to yourself. You can be extremely proud without flaunting it. After all, you're the only one who needs to know how proud you are if you're rooted strongly enough in your beliefs.

Non-confrontation is part of being the gray man, the invisible or at least the undefined commoner attracting minimal attention from any mob. To do this, I don't wear political hats or shirts. I know how I will vote and wearing an advertisement around in public won't change anyone else's mind. Political apparel tends to attract those who take umbrage and try to be the alpha male or righteously indignant female. [I don't wear any of those pink knit hats, and am not made for a Dutch Cap, either.]
There are no bumper stickers on my car, which is a common make and color, because of political vandals and road rage idiots. I don't wear gun company branded apparel, have an NRA shirt, or wear 511 "tactical" clothing. If I am caught up in a demonstration, the mob will only see a nonconfrontational, limping old geezer getting out of the way. If the masked hyenas identify me as the limping antelope and corner me, I figure that shooting a few of them should open up an escape route and bring the authorities to cart off the wounded. This would actually be a most undesirable outcome simply because of the paperwork but if it comes down to it, I would consider that they were afforded a unique educational experience.
edit on 10/20/2018 by pteridine because: Syntax error

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: rickymouse

$10.
Should people not wear ANY cap with a logo?...Just keep as a souvenir?
Yankees? Astros? Cubs? Dodgers?

I used to always wear a cap. I got mine for free most times, businesses I dealt with gave them to contractors and they also treated us to contractor dinners once a year. Those dinners had product representatives that gave away stuff at them, I won quite a few prizes at them over the years and got lots of free hats. My wife liked going to those dinners, we could take a couple of guests for a free buffet. I bought a lot of supplies in my business, material costs were more than labor charges on many jobs.

I should go out and get some new free hats, but since I retired I do not wear a hat anymore except of course in winter.

Actually ten bucks is not a bad price, they cost about half that to make. One of my old employees now owns a business that makes screenprinted hats, shirts, and jackets and so on. Tack on his labor charges and they are fifteen to twenty bucks. Being mass produced, ten bucks is even cheap, considering shipping charges and costs of help to sell the hats and memorabilia.
edit on 20-10-2018 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 01:23 AM
link   

How about her? Everyone I heard denounced the shooting, from both parties, and Jared Loughner is sitting in a Federal prison cell right now, where he'll remain until he's dust. He was sentenced to life plus 140 years. Who has denounced the ANTIFA mobs? Can you name a single Democrat in Congress who has done so? Why are the police always shown standing in a line watching the violence instead of arresting the violent during the ANTIFA mob riots?

Again, Maxine Waters encouraged mob 'justice.'

You're right... your deflection doesn't fool logic. And it doesn't fool me either.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck
Are you saying cops support antifa?
Genuine question because I've been in many protests and riots in the UK and our cops arrest whoever is looking the violent ones, they are pretty impartial to be honest, I've never had a complaint to make.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 04:29 AM
link   
When you willingly allow someone to successfully use intimidation to control you, to take your freedom from you over a baseball hat... they win.... mission accomplished. You defend your freedoms with a vote and with your fists if you must.

Myself... I would encourage him to walk alone with his hat proudly displayed..... and have a handful of his buddies walking a few yards behind him. When they think they have a lone target to victimize and decide to do something foolish..... put them in the hospital with the same amount of glee they would do.

If it is done enough times and they can no longer be certain if they are being set up.... they will stop.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Why in the world would anyone wear a MAGA hat? I could see buying one and keeping it as a souvenir, but wearing it is something that should never be done

Says who, and why not? Why would you presume to tell anyone what they can and cannot wear?

I hope you did not spend much on the hat, that is probably a worse investment than buying a Mega Millions ticket.

Says who? you? Should people not be able to believe and feel what they want and express that? Your bias does not equal everyones belief system......do you advocate telling people what they should and shouldnt wear in expressing themselves?

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 04:40 AM
link   

How about her? Everyone I heard denounced the shooting, from both parties, and Jared Loughner is sitting in a Federal prison cell right now, where he'll remain until he's dust. He was sentenced to life plus 140 years. Who has denounced the ANTIFA mobs? Can you name a single Democrat in Congress who has done so? Why are the police always shown standing in a line watching the violence instead of arresting the violent during the ANTIFA mob riots?

Again, Maxine Waters encouraged mob 'justice.'

You're right... your deflection doesn't fool logic. And it doesn't fool me either.

TheRedneck

Still waiting for them to denounce trying to take out conservative congress on a baseball field.........

Harassing Cruz........

Holding the leadership in Oregon accountable for circumventing and ignoring their oath of the law to protect people against antifa.....

Or condemn the silence of freedom of speech on college campuses........

But no luck........

They have no leg to stand on

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 04:43 AM
link   
wild how badly y'all want to be oppressed....

some of us spent our entire youths being beaten bloody for looking 'too gay' and some of us are routinely hounded by police and in danger for our lives because of the colour of our skin - you know, things we can't change and have to deal with every day - but no no your boring whitebread son and his hat proclaiming allegiance to the dominant political power puts him in real danger of..... something, right?

Seriously, you've got a moment here where you can understand something deeper, give this a try; you can take a hat off. You can take it off and you can work to understand other people, you can put aside divisions and build something better and kinder.
Or you can reinforce the divisions and sow cruelty and then cry about how people don't like you like it's something you didn't have total control over.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Other than when they blocked Ice, the local police department in Portland has repeatedly over and over refused to stop the violence of Antifa........in fact.......the only time they have ever stepped in is when Antifa has started getting their ass whipped by counter protesters........other than that, they let them rout traffic, shut down roads, destroy buildings etc........with little to no repercussions............you should probably look up the Mayor of Portlands reactions publicly to antifa ,they have publicly given them a pass many times

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 04:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: continuousThunder
wild how badly y'all want to be oppressed....

some of us spent our entire youths being beaten bloody for looking 'too gay' and some of us are routinely hounded by police and in danger for our lives because of the colour of our skin - you know, things we can't change and have to deal with every day - but no no your boring whitebread son and his hat proclaiming allegiance to the dominant political power puts him in real danger of..... something, right?

Seriously, you've got a moment here where you can understand something deeper, give this a try; you can take a hat off. You can take it off and you can work to understand other people, you can put aside divisions and build something better and kinder.
Or you can reinforce the divisions and sow cruelty and then cry about how people don't like you like it's something you didn't have total control over.

Or they can refuse oppression at any level and refuse to be bullied...........

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Many of the optics I have seen suggest they are either in support of ANTIFA, have been told not to interfere with the violence, or are scared to intervene. That seems especially true in the more liberal cities, which leads me to believe they may be under orders to not intervene.

What I want to see from the cops is exactly what you describe: fair and equal justice regardless of who is causing it. Violence must have repercussions, else that violence will grow and spread. Now, it is entirely possible that what I have seen is the more extremist situations and that the majority of police are indeed doing their job equitably; if that is so, I will have no trouble accepting it. I am only saying that the optics are bad right now.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: continuousThunder

Some of us are against all such violence. Which would you prefer: to be free from senseless violence like you describe, or to get some sort of satisfaction watching others get persecuted?

If it is the former, I support you. If it is the latter, that is revenge and I will not support it.

TheRedneck

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join