It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study - The #MeToo Movement is Back-Firing. American Opinion Has Shifted Against Victims.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: generik

So you all should be blaming the system that did not properly investigate and protect you from false accusations, like most women are doing now by coming forward and telling their experiences (the system still not investigating or protecting them). The system needs to change as does our conditioning.

www.ncdsv.org...

The importance given to the issue of false allegations diverts attention away from questions that are ultimately more instructive for preventing sexual violence. And in fact, asking why reports of sexual harassment and violence are treated with suspicion may bring us closer to understanding what we can do to lift the barriers to reporting and seeking successful redress. It will also ultimately bring us closer to understanding the conditions in which sexual harassment and violence are enabled.

theconversation.com...
edit on 110CDT10America/Chicago021101031 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: generik

I dont know any who were falsely accused. I know two who were accused because they actually did sexually harass women in the work place.
Fact Women generally do not make false claims because they go under a microscope when they accuse someone. No one is going to subject themselves to that for a false accusation. Or not many would. which is why women should be believed enough to at least investigate the claims.

And I am sure you do know women who were harassed because most women have had some form of harassment aimed at them. They just dont say anything.
edit on 10192018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

They would do things like accuse him of foisting his music on them when his headphone jack fell out despite his immediately jamming it back into his computer.

He was not allowed to touch the thermostat in any way or he was creating a hostile work environment. Even asking if he could adjust the heat or AC was creating a hostile work environment.

If they were talking and he said anything, anything at all, he was "mansplaining" [sic] and creating a hostile work environment.

Seriously, it was that stupid. So if he accidentally touched on of them. He would self-report. If his headphone jack fell out, he would self-report.

As soon as he was moved out for his own office, they proceeded to turn on and savage one their own in the same way until a new person was moved in to take his place.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   
One bad apple spoils the bunch.

A2D

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I'm actually asexual and was accused of sexual assault... I laughed so hard when HR called me in...

A2D

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agree2Disagree
a reply to: Sillyolme

I'm actually asexual and was accused of sexual assault... I laughed so hard when HR called me in...

A2D

Being asexual you may be unaware of what you are doing.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Thank you for saying this so well. I feel the same way. But sadly even if more women do feel this way, in today’s environment it’s not smart to say so, I wouldn’t even bring it up to my own sisters for fear of getting into an argument.a reply to: Nyiah

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sassyone
Thank you for saying this so well. I feel the same way. But sadly even if more women do feel this way, in today’s environment it’s not smart to say so, I wouldn’t even bring it up to my own sisters for fear of getting into an argument.a reply to: Nyiah

Not with the women surrounding me.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a 2% shift couldn't be a sampling error could it? Either way the survey says a large majority of America is with the #metooers and against the abusers and those who want to focus the blame back on the women. I would guess that means you as well.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

I'm asexual not retarded.

A2D

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   
You are fortunate. I have been in work environments that were so stressfull I had to leave ( find another job) I would rather work in a warehouse full of men, at least you know where you stand without having to worry about the petty, catty, backstabbing bull#. And these were situations that I personally was not involved in (I kept/keep my distance) but nonetheless created an atmosphere that you could feel when you walked in.a reply to: InTheLight

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

It was a city in Nebraska and it was a bogus claim so was the 2nd one because I know the person
who accused him and know how the person is a liar and manipulator, but the sad part about this
kind of stuff is when the police can just come and pick you up, throw you in jail just because some
person said this and accused this person of something.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join