It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Violent Trump Praises Congressman for Body Slamming Reporter

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Oh, the hypocrisy! Tonight, Derp Vader stopped his "violent left-wing mob" gaslighting just long enough to express his real feelings, heaping praise on a Republican politician for body slamming reporter Ben Jacobs.

Published an hour ago by Trump's typically supportive hometown paper:

Trump praises congressman for body slamming reporter

WASHINGTON – President Trump at a rally in Montana Thursday praised the state’s congressman for body slamming a reporter — and said the assault helped him win a seat in the US House.

Speaking to a Missoula event, Trump showered GOP Rep. Greg Gianforte with praise and recalled the candidate assaulting Guardian reporter Ben Jacobs last year for trying to ask a question.

Any guy that can do a body slam, he’s my kind of guy,” Trump said to applause. “I shouldn’t say that — (but) there’s nothing to be embarrassed about.

Trump said he initially thought Gianforte’s act of violence would hurt his election chances, but “then I said ‘well, wait a minute, I know Montana pretty well, I think it might help him.’ And it did!” Trump said. “He’s a great guy. Tough cookie.

For his part, Gianforte took the stage to cheers. “Mr. President, thank you for giving us hope again,” he said.

For all of you Trump supporters out there giving your concern trolling all in support of the GOP mid-term propaganda strategy — ouch. Quick! Denounce! Denounce!

Too late. You're all supporters of Donito Trumpolini's blackshirts now.
edit on 2018-10-18 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Everybody is a "great guy" to this bunghole..Hitler, Mussolini, Duterte, Jong Un, Putin, Saudi's, white nationalists..etc

edit on 18-10-2018 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Of course that's his type of guy!!!

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 11:17 PM
link   

The difference is that Republicans like and applaud this kind of thing. They want to physically beat the people they don’t agree with. Even if they don’t say it out loud.

I wouldn’t hold my breath waiting for them to ever denounce violence.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 11:23 PM
link   

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

The difference is that Republicans like and applaud this kind of thing.

No more than the left.

Probably the left more, since they won the majority vote.

They want to physically beat the people they don’t agree with.

How many Republican friends do you have for you to come to this conclusion?

Even if they don’t say it out loud.

Are you saying you have the ability to read minds? You could make some money doing that.

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I'm sure the reporter wasn't part of some concerted effort by the media to attack his credibility before an election or anything.

Wait...

He was.

Not saying his dumb ass deserved it. But he isn't completely innocent here either.

Trump is just trolling you all like usual. Why bring up the bodyslam part? The WWF memes will get popular again for a few weeks and leftists will lose their collective minds over it... Again.

I use the op as an outrage barometer of sorts and it has served me well so far.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Oh, the hypocrisy! Tonight, Derp Vader stopped his "violent left-wing mob" gaslighting just long enough to express his real feelings, heaping praise on a Republican politician for body slamming reporter Ben Jacobs.

Please take a seat. Now sit back and relax. Tell me how this makes you feel?

Published an hour ago by Trump's typically supportive hometown paper:

Yes, but how does it make you feel?

For all of you Trump supporters out there giving your concern trolling all in support of the GOP mid-term propaganda strategy — ouch. Quick! Denounce! Denounce!

Okay, okay. Calm down and lets discuss this rationally.

Too late. You're all supporters of Donito Trumpolini's blackshirts now.

Quick! Bring in the crayons and puppies!

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 11:43 PM
link   
So what
Really, neither is better than the other, this is just a pissing contest
Both sides are as disgusting as each other

Just one side (the losers) are bleating louder because they lost

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 11:47 PM
link   

I just think it's hilarious that some politician body slammed a reporter. I'm laughing too hard. Screw em both. They both just generally exploit people. Rather see them fight than the people they exploit.

And yeah, let's be honest, it's no surprise Trump supports this guy. Although I hope nobody was injured.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Wasnt he from the guardian ? Id argue that he wasn't a reporter just a gossip columnist. On a serious note, however, amazes me if he actually attacked him but I'm betting there's more to the story. He was fined 385.00 and has to do community service. So there was more to this because people have gone to jail for less. I heard the audio and he should be in jail if he body slammed him. makes me wonder if eyewitnesses told a different story.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Sounds like it went over well with that audience!

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Yeah because this is exactly the same as openly calling for all of your supporters to harass the opposition wherever they find them. To stop peaceful citizens from living their lives just because they’re outside of the hivemind NPC groupthink mentality.

Not.

However, It’s not acceptable for the President to support this violence and he shouldn’t have said that. I denounce his support for this violence.

edit on 19 10 2018 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Are your shoulders ok after reaching so far ante?

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Violent Trump?

Was he breaking s# when said/screamed it?

That would be awesome.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: highvein

How many Republican friends do you have for you to come to this conclusion?

Not a lot anymore. Most of them threatened me because I think differently than they do.

The left doesn’t have militia groups training to suppress the right wing. The left wasn’t just caught on a rooftop with a bunch of guns overlooking a protest. Leftists didn’t leave a meeting at a Democrat headquarters and run through the streets beating on people.

This doesn’t mean the democrats are good, just that Trumpism has sunken the Republican Party even lower than the sewer the democrats inhabit.

You don’t have to be psychic to see the writing on the wall.

edit on 19-10-2018 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Democrat Leaders Are Not Denouncing Violence Against Republicans, so Trump applauding beating the crap out of democrats
Thread
(and rotten reporters) is par for the course.

"What are you gonna do when a million Trumpamaniacs run wild on you"****?
(A variation of Hulk Hogans old slogan) HAHA!

You are making your bed, so lay in it. (And cry if it hurts).

edit on 19-10-2018 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: HAHA

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Not a lot anymore. Most of them threatened me because I think differently than they do.

Just ask yourself, what would Kayne do?

The left doesn’t have militia groups training to suppress the right wing.

Have you never seen the Antifa videos?

The left wasn’t just caught on a rooftop with a bunch of guns overlooking a protest. Leftists didn’t leave a meeting at a Democrat headquarters and run through the streets beating on people.

Thats because they are to busy stealing beating up and stealing maga hats from people, and busting up property and trying to stop people from going out to lunch and dinner, or trying to stop another protest with a protest of their own.

This doesn’t mean the democrats are good, just that Trumpism has sunken the Republican Party even lower than the sewer the democrats inhabit.

Where do you think Trumpism learned these tactics? Trump use to be one of the Democrats?

You don’t have to be psychic to see the writing on the wall.

No, you don't. But you do have to know how to read.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 12:33 AM
link   

You know a lot of conservative folk who fit a narrative and have a lot of experiences that sound made up. Just my take.

As far as Trump's statement it was stupid imo. He should show more restraint. However comparing it to what we're seeing and hearing from the leftists is off base.

edit on 19-10-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
Everybody is a "great guy" to this bunghole..Hitler, Mussolini, Duterte, Jong Un, Putin, Saudi's, white nationalists..etc

And dont forget his new found declarations of love with little rocket man.
( just to up the ante from mere great guyness).
But hey he's only human and we're all allowed to re-evaluate and change our minds.
Aren't we?
edit on 19-10-2018 by ALSTA because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3 >>

join