It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DIY Mail Order Abortions Now Available to US Women

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Great news.

đź‘Ť

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: Bluntone22
Birth control is free in the UK, all forms of it, even condoms. We still have a high abortion rate though, abortions which are also free.
...and before any smart ass comes in saying it's tax funded not free, I #ing know that, It's free to people at the point of need, no cash changes hands.

Excellent!!!!

I support 100% free birth control -- including abortion.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: LSU2018

Your little lecture comes too late. We're past abstinence and BC once the rabbit dies.

You're trying to find a solution to the issue of mail order DIY abortion kits because they're a very serious, possibly fatal, problem. I shouldn't have to give you this solution eleventy billion times.

Why do you care so much about what other people do with their bodies?

The harder it is for women to get abortions, the more unwanted kids get raised by bar parents....

And you pay for the welfare.

Not hard.

You've got me confused. I've never stood in front of a clinic in protest, or screamed in women's faces as they walk out, or went around preaching about what they should and shouldn't do in their personal time. I don't care what they do. What I'm trying to tell the OP, and anyone else questioning my views, is that if they want to avoid all of this, especially a dangerous DIY abortion kit, there are steps that can be taken, and protection that can be bought to avoid every single bit of this. Outside of rape, the biggest piece to this puzzle is personal responsibility. If you can't afford the child, why would you ever take such a risk?

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Allowing women to kepp access to clinics with capable doctors to oversee the process is much safer than a do it yourself, unsupervised option.

You write like this is a new groundbreaking thing and women everywhere are going to be in harms way because of it.

These options have always existed in one form or another and always will. If you have any ACTUAL statistics as to how many women are irreparably harmed by these techniques then we'd love to see it.

And while you're at it... find the statistic on how many women take these with little to no complications...

Hate to be crude here... but there used to be this thing called a coat hanger....

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   

I understand completely that this is about the dangers of the DIY abortion kit. It's a very bad idea. What are you trying to accomplish in your thread if you won't accept solutions to the issues you find with these kits?

Those dog whistle code words won't work on me. I don't know the sex of anyone in this thread besides myself, CornishCelticGuy, and CriticalStinker since they already mentioned they were guys.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Crazy that a developed nation like the US doesn't offer tax funded solutions for women. I'm pro-choice, I'm a guy so I have to be.
Pity your nation doesn't provide tax funded pre/post natal care when your women get pregnant, perhaps more would go through with it if they didn't expect huge hospital bills?

That's what health insurance is for. It used to be far better, but it still does the job for a pregnancy.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Like I said, if you can't afford it, don't do it.

So chastity belts?

If that's what they need to be safe and responsible. I don't think any wieners will be getting through those.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
International 'safe abortions by mail' service can now ship to women in US thehill.com...

According to the outlet, the service will screen women to determine whether they can take the pills. Gomperts, a Dutch physician, will fill the prescriptions herself and send them through an Indian pharmacy directly to customers’ homes in the U.S. She also noted that the service will try to help women cover the cost of shipping if they cannot afford the service, which is $95.

nice to hear some good news, thanks

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Crazy that a developed nation like the US doesn't offer tax funded solutions for women. I'm pro-choice, I'm a guy so I have to be.
Pity your nation doesn't provide tax funded pre/post natal care when your women get pregnant, perhaps more would go through with it if they didn't expect huge hospital bills?

That's what health insurance is for. It used to be far better, but it still does the job for a pregnancy.

Mother of my child has health insurance but birth/pregnancy was all on the NHS. I've never bothered with private cover, the state cover has been fantastic in my life so far.
Free contraception hasn't fixed the problem in the UK though, we have a high abortion rate, they are provided funded by the taxpayer, as are morning after pills.
The UK funds it because it is cheaper than having more millions of single parents claiming welfare benefits for their kids.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Mother of my child has health insurance but birth/pregnancy was all on the NHS. I've never bothered with private cover, the state cover has been fantastic in my life so far.
Free contraception hasn't fixed the problem in the UK though, we have a high abortion rate, they are provided funded by the taxpayer, as are morning after pills.
The UK funds it because it is cheaper than having more millions of single parents claiming welfare benefits for their kids.

We didn't pay too much, full cost wouldn't have been close to affordable.

Hey, I'm all for mandatory sterilization of men and women until they can afford AND desire to have children. At least until we can get a hold of all this unwanted pregnancy. Win/win.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Mandatory sterilisation, blimey, I wouldn't go that far!
Education is the only way, but so long as a baby gets you a free pass for housing and cash benefits in the UK we'll still have the problem. The population of Britain would be much more if abortions were not state funded.
It works out cheaper than paying benefits for 18 years, that is the sad economic fact here.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: MarkOfTheV

These options have always existed in one form or another and always will. If you have any ACTUAL statistics as to how many women are irreparably harmed by these techniques then we'd love to see it.

Up until now, the abortion pill option has been available under a doctor's care only. There is no over the counter abortion pill available in the USA.

And while you're at it... find the statistic on how many women take these with little to no complications...

Well, you should ask that question to all the right wing law makers who are trying to ban the abortion pill, or limit a doctor's ability to perscribe it, based on the width of clinic hallways and the number of oxygen tanks in the clinic, or whether or not the clinic doctor has access to admitting priviledges at a nbearby hospital.

The reason the number of complications is low is because of the required doctor's oversight. Now, take away the doctors' oversight, and we have women who can only access chemical abortions through an overseas mail order doctor, and then through Indian pharmacy, with no local medical oversight, and I gaurantee complication and death statistics will go up! Failed abortions and "miscarriages" will wind up in ERs, if they are fortunate enough to make it that far. And, who will pay the ER bills for those botched sself induced abortions?

Hate to be crude here... but there used to be this thing called a coat hanger....

As I said in the OP, this is new, fancy back alley abortion. A fancy coat hanger for women whom the right wng has turned their back on, and forced into "do it yourself, self adminstered and unsupervised abortions", in the neme of thier own health and safety.

edit on 18-10-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Mandatory sterilisation, blimey, I wouldn't go that far!
Education is the only way, but so long as a baby gets you a free pass for housing and cash benefits in the UK we'll still have the problem. The population of Britain would be much more if abortions were not state funded.
It works out cheaper than paying benefits for 18 years, that is the sad economic fact here.

The sterilization was in jest. Yeah I know it keeps the pop down, but there are other ways and sex education flicks in the 8th grade aren't cutting it. The kids just sit there and giggle, at least that's what we all did. Lol.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Parents need to do more, I totally drummed it into my son's head about never trust a girl if she says she's on the pill and you don't want a child.
Girl lied to me years ago, went through the pregnancy, fell in love with her, then bam DNA test after he was born turned out he wasn't mine, she was devastated, I still raised the lad for 7 years like my own though.
My son remembered that story because it was part of his life with a step brother.

EDIT
The girl in that story I supported and she moved in with me, I knew all along that the baby could be someone else's when she started getting morning sickness, I knew matey who was the other contender as well, scumbag, I'm glad I raised his son for those years. I haven't seen him since but I'd probably start an argument if I met him again just to get him aggressive so I could use reasonable force defending myself.
edit on 18-10-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   

I understand what you're saying.

But you should understand that you sound hysterical. I imagine you typing at a million miles an hour to get your point across. Never accept a guarantee from someone who can't even spell the word correctly.

...and I gaurantee complication and death statistics will go up!

A fancy coat hanger for women whom the right wng has turned their back on, and forced into "do it yourself, self adminstered and unsupervised abortions", in the neme of thier own health and safety.

You are basing this fear off of a few studies. Not unlike being afraid of coffee one week or the next. Have you considered that maybe this is a good thing? And those studies were conducted by those who wish to gain from "in house" abortion procedures? When in reality there is a new magic pill? One that, by gauging you're own rhetoric, you are supremely afraid of? What if that was the plan all along? .... to make you doubt new fresh science?

Or wait... that's a right wing thing too right?

Remember once upon a time people were afraid of alchemy. This might not be as unsafe as you think.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Why should a US woman have to get a Dutch doctor to prescribe the drugs shipped from India?
That is the bigger question in my mind, land of the free my arse.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   

I don't know why sometimes my spell checker lights up misspelled words in red, and sometimes it doesn't. But, I would be careful to judge a person's character based on spelling and grammar in these forums.

You are basing this fear off of a few studies. Not unlike being afraid of coffee one week or the next.

What studies? There is no debate about studies here. The abortion pill is not offered over the counter here in the USA, because of the risks and complications associated with it, unlike coffee. What other medications that not offered over the counter here in the USA should also be able to be obtained through mail order, in your opinion?

Abortion is no picnic, at any time, not even when it only involves taking a series of pills, instead of surgery. There are still counter indication for some people, that a distant, mail order doctor might miss, or a patient might fail to disclose out of fear of not getting her prescription filled, that a doctor could detect through regular in person exams. There is also a big risk of people misrepresenting themselves and their conditions and/or misusing the pills.

Without the oversight that US states now require to administer the abortion pill, ERs will have to take on the financial burden of botched abortions that could have been prevented through medical oversight. Why not just keep letting the women's clinics prescribe and oversee the process? Why drive women to foreign companies for unsafe remedies?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join