It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DIY Mail Order Abortions Now Available to US Women

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

POST REMOVED BY STAFF.

Where in the OP does it suggest we absorb the cost?

Beyond that, condoms fail, and people have sex. It's a free country. Not every act of sex is because a woman is a whore, which is what you're implying.
edit on Thu Oct 18 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I wasnt disagreeing with you.
If abortion was illegal I would bet that their would be less accidental pregnancies.
But there would also be more back alley doctors.

The scenario you described is unfortunately all to common. Those types dont seem to understand the concept of birth control but they also are the ones on the welfare.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22
Birth control is free in the UK, all forms of it, even condoms. We still have a high abortion rate though, abortions which are also free.
...and before any smart ass comes in saying it's tax funded not free, I #ing know that, It's free to people at the point of need, no cash changes hands.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

It takes two to tango, but I don't see how your comment has anything at all to do with the OP and the concerns for the health and safety of women resorting to "mail order", "do it yourself" chemical abortions, while there is such a strong movement in states to regulate the abortion pill to the extreme, in the name of the women's health and safety.

You don't have to tell me it takes two, I already know. I always use precaution during sex because I'm not ready for another baby yet.

Your OP is about abortion. Abortion is about terminating a pregnancy. How do you not see that my comment is directly related to avoiding a freaking "do it yourself" abortion kit? If you take the necessary precautions to avoid unwanted pregnancies then you'll never have to worry about dangerous kits like these. It couldn't be more simple. BE RESPONSIBLE.

Hope that helps.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   

The scenario you described is unfortunately all to common. Those types dont seem to understand the concept of birth control but they also are the ones on the welfare.

I can't argue with everything you said.

But I have heard birth control is brutal to some women. (I'm a male so I wouldn't know).

It changes hormone levels, and can effect overall feeling of well being.

Maybe most cases of this are lack of responsibility, just like car accidents... But we don't punish the smart because of dumbasses (usually).

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

So its basically no consequences.
Free access to birth control doesnt stop unwanted pregnancy. Kinda figured that would be the case.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Again, the topic isn't Plan B. It's mail order, DIY chemical abortions.

*facepalm*

Take. The. Steps. To. Avoid. The. Action. That. Causes. Unwanted. Pregnancy. So. You. Don't. Have. To. Risk. One. Of. These. Kits.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Yes, some women have issues with the pill.
But they can still use condoms.

I have heard of a Male birth control pill being work on but I cant imagine any woman taking some random dudes word for it..

Yeah baby, I'm on the pill..wink, wink

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

So its basically no consequences.
Free access to birth control doesnt stop unwanted pregnancy. Kinda figured that would be the case.

Yep, it doesn't seem to stop it, we have the highest teenage pregnancy rate in the EU last time I checked, and that's ignoring free condoms, free coil, free pill, free implants, the lot you get free if you ask for it, morning after pill is free as well as actual abortions. Still the abortion rate is high here.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Your little lecture comes too late. We're past abstinence and BC once the rabbit dies.

You're trying to find a solution to the issue of mail order DIY abortion kits because they're a very serious, possibly fatal, problem. I shouldn't have to give you this solution eleventy billion times.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Really not sure what the point of this thread is. You seem to be asking questions loaded with fear and big saucer eyes.

Coffee was bad for you last week... good for you this week.

Being around kitty litter can give women TSS but how many women have cats and no TSS.

Women will have to decide if aborting an unplanned child is worth the risk. If they are too stupid to assess those risks, they sure as $h1t shouldn't be having a kid.

If you're arguing.. "Why kill planned parenthood but still allow by mail abortion pills..."

... well you could have asked that rather plainly from the get go and bypassed the confusion.

Don't have any answers for you... if you get pregnant and you don't want it, take care of it sooner rather than later? Who cares about the legislation and why's behind the rules of it all.

edit on 18-10-2018 by MarkOfTheV because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Your little lecture comes too late. We're past abstinence and BC once the rabbit dies.

You're trying to find a solution to the issue of mail order DIY abortion kits because they're a very serious, possibly fatal, problem. I shouldn't have to give you this solution eleventy billion times.

Why do you care so much about what other people do with their bodies?

The harder it is for women to get abortions, the more unwanted kids get raised by bar parents....

And you pay for the welfare.

Not hard.

link   

Again, too little too late, on your part. No, this thread isn't "about" abortion and how to curb it.

This thread is about bypassing the concerns US lawmakers on the right have about protecting women's health and safety by regulating the medical oversight of chemical abortions, compared to this new advent where US women are suddenly being offered "do it yourself, mail order" abortions, without any medical oversight whatsoever.

I understand that you feel the need to, and think you see an opportunity to slut shame. But, the sluts you are seeking to shame are not in this thread. Move along.

link   
Crazy that a developed nation like the US doesn't offer tax funded solutions for women. I'm pro-choice, I'm a guy so I have to be.
Pity your nation doesn't provide tax funded pre/post natal care when your women get pregnant, perhaps more would go through with it if they didn't expect huge hospital bills?

link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

And Plan B is still available everywhere. I've even seen it sitting behind the counter at a Valero gas station.

I wasn't implying women were hures. Both parties are responsible for their actions.

You can't tell me that a woman living in poverty can go pay for an abortion at the free health clinic. That comes straight from our tax paying pockets, same as the subsidized insurance they're provided. Like I said, if you can't afford it, don't do it.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I wasnt disagreeing with you.
If abortion was illegal I would bet that their would be less accidental pregnancies.
But there would also be more back alley doctors.

I know you weren't, my friend. I didn't mean to come across negatively if I did.

You're exactly right, most of these cases are paid out of our pockets whether it's welfare, free clinics, or subsidized healthcare.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Like I said, if you can't afford it, don't do it.

So chastity belts?

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: MarkOfTheV

Really not sure what the point of this thread is. You seem to be asking questions loaded with fear and big saucer eyes.

Yes, there is a fear, on my part, that women will be harmed and their health and safety is at risk through this new advent. If it isn't broken, don't fix it. Allowing women to kepp access to clinics with capable doctors to oversee the process is much safer than a do it yourself, unsupervised option.

edit on 18-10-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I can't argue with everything you said.

But I have heard birth control is brutal to some women. (I'm a male so I wouldn't know).

It changes hormone levels, and can effect overall feeling of well being.

Maybe most cases of this are lack of responsibility, just like car accidents... But we don't punish the smart because of dumbasses (usually).

It can lead to weight gain, too. My wife had to stop using it and I, ugh, had to start using condoms. We decided 3 years ago to have a baby (that was the funnest part). She sat down and went over all monthly bills, plus food, fuel, etc., and priced diapers and formula and added that cost in. We started saving up the amount of money we'd need for 6 months of just me working, that way if she had complications and couldn't work until the baby was born and ready for daycare, all expenses would be covered. Fortunately there were no complications and she was only out of work for two days before she was admitted to the hospital to give birth. She missed a total of 3 weeks and we still had over $6K in savings. That's about as responsible, IMO, as it gets, but most of that was her idea.

ETA: We have a 2 year old now, and I'm back to using protection. Blah.
edit on 18-10-2018 by LSU2018 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Geez. Free morning afters and they STILL don't take them? That's the easiest way to eliminate the risks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join