It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DIY Mail Order Abortions Now Available to US Women

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

I want to say something so badly but it might get me
into trouble.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Chant the mantra like the 'moral majority™' and as soon as that child is born, turn Your back and then throw up every obstacle to raise that child... Then to raise those kids, these same turds give themselves raises and bonuses for the head of the Corp.™ while the monies toward the Foster parent/grand parent/group home whomever is actually raising that child, is lessened by more taxes and the squawking about "MORE HANDOUTS" for the poor...

Who are the 'poor'? The ones who get to raise the un-wanted children...

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

into trouble.

Deep breath,
Now use your words

link   
a reply to: MarkOfTheV

My question: "Why is it a responsible thing to do, to eliminate a doctor's oversight? "

The reason for asking the question?

Risks from taking the abortion pill are rare. They include incomplete abortion, failure to end the pregnancy, infection, heavy bleeding and allergic reactions. When women get the abortion pill from a health care provider they will be counseled on the risks and warning signs to look for.
www.sharecare.com...

Although misoprostol alone can also be used for second-trimester abortions, the chances of serious complications such as uterine rupture or hemorrhage rise as pregnancy advances. Ready access to emergency care in a medical facility is essential, and women should not attempt an abortion alone. They must also be prepared for the passing of the fetus and placenta at this stage.
………………
When bleeding and contractions begin, it is advisable to go to a hospital and report a miscarriage. The hospital may perform a surgical procedure—manual vacuum aspiration or D&C—to complete the process if it does not occur naturally. In countries where abortion is highly restricted by law, be aware that hospital personnel may be required to report all suspected induced abortion attempts to legal authorities, and may report miscarriages as such.

Women should seek medical attention if they experience any of the following side effects after taking misoprostol:
very heavy bleeding (soaking more than two large-sized thick sanitary pads each hour for more than two consecutive hours);
continuous bleeding for several days resulting in dizziness or light-headedness;
bleeding that stops but is followed two weeks or later by a sudden onset of extremely heavy bleeding, which may require manual vacuum aspiration or D&C;
scant bleeding or no bleeding at all in the first seven days after using misoprostol, which may suggest that no abortion has occurred and require a repeat round of misoprostol or surgical termination;
chills and fever lasting more than 24 hours after the last dose of misoprostol, which suggest that an infection may be present requiring treatment with antibiotics; or
severe abdominal pain that lasts more than 24 hours after the last dose of misoprostol.

iwhc.org...

Why work so hard to block women's access to chemicle abortions through clinics that oversee women's health and safety, in the name of women's health and safety? Where is the health and safety concerns over chemical abortions perscribed from abroad, and the perscription filled from abroad, with no personal and local medical oversight, insurance or emergency room/hospital arrangements?

link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

into trouble.

You can 'say' anything You want, just watch what You type...

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

True words of wisdom and I will keep my thoughts to myself!

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I don't foresee this being/remaining legal any more than mailing in crack coc aine from the Netherlands.

See, here's the FDA's Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategy (REMS) on Mifeprexin (mifepristone) (I have bolded/underlined pertinent parts):

The FDA previously approved a REMS for Mifeprex. After reviewing the supplemental application, the agency determined that a REMS continues to be necessary to ensure the safe use of Mifeprex. Under the REMS:
Mifeprex must be ordered, prescribed and dispensed by or under the supervision of a healthcare provider who prescribes and who meets certain qualifications;
•Healthcare providers who wish to prescribe Mifeprex must complete a Prescriber Agreement Form prior to ordering and dispensing Mifeprex;
Mifeprex may only be dispensed in clinics, medical offices, and hospitals by or under the supervision of a certified healthcare provider;
•The healthcare provider must obtain a signed Patient Agreement Form before dispensing Mifeprex.

Healthcare providers who prescribe Mifeprex are required under FDA regulations to provide the patient with a copy of the Mifeprex Medication Guide (FDA-approved information for patients).

FDA

Also, this is the FDA-approved regimen for administering the drug:

Mifeprex is approved, in a regimen with misoprostol, to end a pregnancy through 70 days gestation (70 days or less since the first day of a woman’s last menstrual period). The approved Mifeprex dosing regimen is:
•On Day One: 200 mg of Mifeprex taken by mouth
•24 to 48 hours after taking Mifeprex: 800 mcg of misoprostol taken buccally (in the cheek pouch), at a location appropriate for the patient
About seven to fourteen days after taking Mifeprex: follow-up with the healthcare provider

While it doesn't specify anything about physician supervision concerning administering the drug, I would certainly be interested in knowing if the noted Dutch physician meets all the standards cited by the FDA. And how does one thoroughly follow-up, and to what extent, with a doctor in the Netherlands?

Furthermore, what is the liability factor of a Dutch physician if something goes wrong with their American "patient?"

This has disaster written all over it, and the people who salivate over easier and easier ways to kill developing human beings disgust me, to be honest. Some of the comments thus far are really sickening: "... aborting their little monsters ...;" "Less unwanted babies. ... Less broken f-ed up families on welfare."

I don't care at which point during a pregnancy that an elective abortion occurs--I find the act abhorrent. Disagree all that you want, but I prefer to defend those who cannot defend themselves.

If you don't want a baby, ladies (or you jackass guys who try to make a woman get an abortion), take your pick:

Personally, I have undergone the permanent fix for guys so that my wife wouldn't have to do the more invasive version for her.
edit on 18-10-2018 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

(post by LSU2018 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

There is a glimmer of truth to your rather crude statement.
If you can afford an abortion you can afford birth control.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I don't foresee this being/remaining legal any more than mailing in crack coc aine from the Netherlands.

''''''''''''
This has disaster written all over it...

I hope you're right. I'm pro-choice, but I agree, this has disaster written all over it!

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Uh, that's correct. That's why it's called a "day after" pill. You don't take the "day after" you realize you're a month late with your period, you take it the "day after" you have sex, just in case.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson
Planned Parenthood is going to hate this, this is going to take a lot of money from their pocket

at home abortions are going to defund PP, it's that ironic, don't you think

A little too ironic, and yeah I really do think.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   

It takes two to tango, but I don't see how your comment has anything at all to do with the OP and the concerns for the health and safety of women resorting to "mail order", "do it yourself" chemical abortions, while there is such a strong movement in states to regulate the abortion pill to the extreme, in the name of the women's health and safety.

link   

originally posted by: CirqueDeTruth
It is correct to say that women will find a way.

Even if Roe Vs. Wade is overturned - that is not going to stop women from trying to end their pregnancy.

Can you imagine back alley abortions starting again? It will. If Roe Vs. Wade is overturned.

Women have been ending pregnacies since the beginning of time.

It's their bodies. And their decision.

That's right. So we shouldn't even see a push back on RvW.

link   

Does this have any relevance to the Lady who had accused Kavanaugh of abhorrent behavior? I know She receives a salary from one of these 'morning after/DIY abortion pill' and this was ONE of the determining factor(s) to bring about a formal complaint...

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Again, the topic isn't Plan B. It's mail order, DIY chemical abortions.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Super off topic, but, the "Lady" scientist was hired to study the effects of misoprostol and mifepristone on men who had taken the drug for low blood sugar, Hypoglycemia, and weight gain. It has nothing to do with mail order do it yourself abortions from abroad, and the risks involved.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium
Chant the mantra like the 'moral majority™' and as soon as that child is born, turn Your back and then throw up every obstacle to raise that child... Then to raise those kids, these same turds give themselves raises and bonuses for the head of the Corp.™ while the monies toward the Foster parent/grand parent/group home whomever is actually raising that child, is lessened by more taxes and the squawking about "MORE HANDOUTS" for the poor...

Who are the 'poor'? The ones who get to raise the un-wanted children...

You're missing the forest for the trees here.

I would assume you know how babies are made. With that said, I would assume you understand how to avoid making a baby. And having said that, why would you continue to shift blame away from the the guilty party?

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Your little lecture comes too late. We're past abstinence and BC once the rabbit dies.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

There is a glimmer of truth to your rather crude statement.
If you can afford an abortion you can afford birth control.

Well, crude or not, it's still true. Everyone wants to shift the blame to the people who are intelligent enough to know how not to risk making a baby.

Pretty much like, "Hi, I'm Bob and I'm living paycheck to paycheck and can't afford a pack of condoms because I'm taking this girl to dinner for our first date, we just met and if I buy these condoms, my card may be declined and that would be embarrassing. She doesn't currently work. But if one thing leads to another and I get her pregnant, we're gonna need you to pay for her to fix the problem since we can't afford it. Thanks in advance, for covering my irresponsible behavior."

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join