It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supernatural , TV show, Convention This Past Weekend

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   
So last weekend I was at a convention for Supernatural in Cleveland.

This specific iteration of it was part of the Giving Back tour so it wasn't a J2 (lol) con but was run by Misha Collins (Castiel) and others.
I will however be hitting a J2 convention in Seattle around Feb time frame.
It was my first time at one and I can say it was pretty awesome.
Have lots of photos to post later with various cast from the show.
The fandom was pretty damn welcoming and accepting of all sorts of people.
I learned way to much about all the "shippers" of the fandom..lol

Throughout it all Rob (Chuck and God) from the show ran things with his band Louden Swain . Overall it was an important Saturday Night Special, concert they do at every con, for him and everyone there as it was his 5th year out from a stroke so the crowd did a few nice things that way.

Anyway below is one of their songs, not from this con, for those that have not heard them . Not my normal style of music but they put on a great live performance peppered with guest appearances by the cast. They also have a new CD coming out called Splitting the Seams which is a great listen. At this show Kim Rhodes (Jody Mills) and Ruth Connell (Rowena) did amazing covers while Briana Buckmaster (Donna) sang one of her own songs.

Overall just a great time surrounded by fans and members of a show that has been on the air for 13 seasons which is a great accomplishment.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

I was a pretty big fan of this show up until about season 4 or 5, after that I kind of felt like they were just keeping it going because they could. I also felt like there was just too much filler.

I find now when it comes to my TV shows I like stuff like Game of Thrones much more, no filler going for quality of quantity of episodes.

Was a really good show though in my view for quite a while.

Love that video btw.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Lucifer: Sam, Dean, good to see you.

Dean: Son of a bitch.

Love that show.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Glad that this wasn't in Cincinnati--I would have felt like a huge ass butt if I'd missed it.

ETA: Not a fan of that song that you posted...has too much of a "Christian-rock" sound, IMO, and that's a sound that I'm not a fan of.

a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I know what you mean, but my wife and I have stuck with it and watched every season and episode, and a lot of that "filler" comes back to be meaningful things in later seasons.

It's still a good show, but really needs to be coming to a close at some point.

edit on 18-10-2018 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

yeah my missus still watches it and at times I catch the odd bit of a episode and think that it would be good to still watch it but I just can't stand having to sit through 22 40 minute episodes half of which is just fluff.

Ohhhh and Sam's acting....

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Ohhhh and Sam's acting....

Yeah, he's the least-consistent of the actors on that show...he kind of has the emotional range of, say, Nick Cage on a good day.

That Scottish accent of Rowena, though...
...I could listen to that all day
edit on 18-10-2018 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Haha then just move to my part of the world where you can listen to it all day.....

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

But then it would lose its appeal, and I don't want that...

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I've watched the entire show. I keep up on new seasons with the Netflix app.

I like it.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

ETA: Not a fan of that song that you posted...has too much of a "Christian-rock" sound, IMO, and that's a sound that I'm not a fan of.

To each his or her own.
The song is not a Christian Rock song but rather the lead singer talking about his experience he had during his stroke 5 years earlier and the process he had to go through to heal from that.

I'm also pretty sure that with the avatar I have and other things you dont have to worry about me posting Christian rock anything..lol

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I was a pretty big fan of this show up until about season 4 or 5, after that I kind of felt like they were just keeping it going because they could. I also felt like there was just too much filler.

I find now when it comes to my TV shows I like stuff like Game of Thrones much more, no filler going for quality of quantity of episodes.

Was a really good show though in my view for quite a while.

Love that video btw.

The consensus by most is that season 5 was the best of the show.

The last episode of that season, Swan Song, is typically ranked as the best episode of the series as it has everything that makes the show an enjoyable watch.
Part of that could have been that Eric Kripke initially wrote a 5 year story arch so he wanted that episode to be a solid ending if that was it for the series.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

I didn't say that it WAS a CR song, just that it had that CR sound recipe to it.

But, yes, to each their own.

top topics

join