It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I had the strangest night with someone

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   
To start off, I've been having a crazy amount of synchronicities and coincidences in my life, to the point that I started feeling like the universe was trying to tell me something. Anyway, long story short, about 4 years ago I moved to my current state to go to this one college and have absolutely hated living here ever since. I haven't even bothered trying to meet anyone because I figured it would be pointless, since I'm going to leave the state ASAP. I graduated earlier this year and have been applying for jobs so that I can save up money to move. That's literally my one and only concern in life right now, saving up money to GTFO. I've been looking at 5 states in particular to move to - North Carolina, Tennessee, Oregon and Washington being 4 of them. I just got hired at this one place, and yesterday was my orientation.
Now, as to yesterday.
I show up for the orientation and I'm standing there waiting when this cute girl walks in and stands nearby. I find out she's there for the orientation too, so we chat a little bit. Eventually we have a sort of break in the orientation, so we end up walking around talking for a while. She kept dropping little things like telling me I should try to work in her area so she can talk to me and stuff, so it seemed clear to me that she was at least a friendly person, and we seemed to be naturally getting along pretty well. When the orientation came to an end, I asked her if she wanted to get something to eat. We end up going to this bar and getting some food and beer, and we're sitting there talking. I ask her why she was interested in getting a job at this particular place, and she goes "I have a plan". So I ask her what her plan is. She goes "I want to save up money to get the HELL out of dodge." So I ask her where she wants to move...
She goes "Tennessee, North Carolina, Washington..."
I told her that was my exact plan as well, and how when I move I wanna learn how to build survival shelters and go camp out off the grid and stuff, and she sits there and tells me how she's always wanted to just get rid of technology and go off into the wild... We talk about more stuff and she tells me she wants to get together to ride bike at this one place that she's never been to. So we have each other's number and a plan to get together again to go ride bike.

Idk guys. Idk what just happened. I went to a job orientation actively telling myself not to get involved with anyone, to just keep to myself and ride it out for a few months until I can move, and then I went out to a bar with a really cute girl I work with that I met on the first day and find out we have the exact same life plans. Under normal circumstances I would have never asked someone if they wanted to go get something to eat with me, but something just told me to ask her... Idk what's going on.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Dude, sounds like you just got really lucky. Take it slow and see, never know, she could be the one.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Good on you
Now watch life step in and have you knock her up and you both wind up living in the state you hate for the next 10 years till you've been married and divorced.

Hope not but it happens

I always say you find the one for you when your3 not looking

Life don't care about your plans

Good luck

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Wicked awesome.... that's how it works. Strange, but not uncommon.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   

she is obviously a Russian spy. She was sent to spend the next two years trying to sway your vote. They decided to go with the direct approach, since those damn kids and their dog foiled their plans. (that they would have gotten away with)

Congrats, my advice, roll with it and see where it goes. Your soul mate finds you, not the other way around. She may not be it, but then, perhaps she is.

And congrats on Graduation. That high IQ came in for something good after all.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

Good on you
Now watch life step in and have you knock her up and you both wind up living in the state you hate for the next 10 years till you've been married and divorced.

Hope not but it happens

I always say you find the one for you when your3 not looking

Life don't care about your plans

Good luck

did you smoke a wet blanket this morning? Damn.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: wtbengineer

Dude, sounds like you just got really lucky. Take it slow and see, never know, she could be the one.

OR...she could have a nail-gun in her closet.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

originally posted by: wtbengineer

OR...she could have a nail-gun in her closet.

I'm torn, is that a good thing, or a bad thing?

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Don't dip your pen in company ink.

Mark my words..

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Don't read too much into it. I met my wife through a set coincidences so unlikely as to be almost impossible. I still lived in Kentucky, she lived in Illinois three and a half hours away and if not for that set of coincidences we would have never met. But, that's just the little quirks in life. Enjoy it.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Good for you bud! Sound like you have the start of a budding relationship. I never sought out the love of my life but we kinda fell into each others laps one day at work and the rest is history. It’s funny how life works isn’t it?

a reply to: TinySickTears
Damn man who hurt you.

edit on 18-10-2018 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take! Just roll with it!
Do it, do it!

Use protection..

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Prepper love is true love.
Don't mess this up boy

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Don't try to work in her area.
Do go on the bike ride with her.
Let nature take it's coarse. She may be the one. You'll never know until you try.

Sometimes fate just kicks you in the butt. It's not always subtle.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   

“Ride the wave man. You don’t know until you know. The only way to know...is to ride the wave.”

-Socrates.

Just kidding.

What’s your heart tell you? What’s your brain tell you? What’s your gut tell you. Consider all three and take it all day by day.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Well, I was thinking along these lines, but in reverse...

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos

a reply to: TinySickTears
Damn man who hurt you.

Almost everyone

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Seal.
The.
Deal.

Nice OP, throw everything at her and get clingy real quick, chicks dig that stuff.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   

"And that, kids, is how I met your mother!"

Seriously tho, there is something so internally affirming when someone you are talking with speaks your own thoughts. Come what may, at the very least, you have crossed paths with someone who will likely be a life-long friend. That is something to treasure. And as an outsider looking in, it sounds like your meeting was meant to be! I do love stories like this. It gives me hope that some Goodness is still out there driving in this cray cray world.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
Seal.
The.
Deal.

Nice OP, throw everything at her and get clingy real quick, chicks dig that stuff.

LOL, great advice. You're single, right?
J/K

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join