It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HIV/AIDS, Condoms and Oil Conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I dunno this has probably been thought of already but I was just wondering if anyone here has thought that this whole HIV/AIDS thing can be cracked up to one "funny" fact (aside from the disease and death, even though thats up for debate) and the fact is that condoms are made using OIL... or are they made using other water-based methods? lol

what's one thing humans can't help but do? fornicate...
how do you make the most money from that?....
Create a problem, create an oily solution..

Any thoughts from the peanut gallery?

[edit on 24/2/05 by dnero6911]

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Dead people don't buy gasoline, heat their homes or buy the other billions of products created from oil. I doubt a boost in condom sales could replace that lost revenue.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   
touché.... but still it's a good way to market a product that most people wouldn't buy otherwise.. lol

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   
To my knowledge, latex is a natural resin produced from trees and possibly other plants. I don't believe condoms are made using petroleum products... at least not for the actual material in the condom. Lubes are a whole other story, and the process of making them of course uses fossil fuels, but I don't think you were referring to the process.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 11:11 PM
link   
this thread made me dumber.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Well, generally you shouldn't use oil when having sex with a condom, because condoms are oil soluble. Vegetable oil, olive oil or any type. I don't really understand your statment though. I don't how they are made.

new topics

top topics

join