It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looks like only white kids get to be Batman, Spiderman and Superman this year.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
Early 80's MJ or early 90's MJ? It makes a difference.

60's/70's MJ, the one his father beat gold records out of.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I have a pair of khakis and a red Polo shirt. Don't feel like buying anything and since I'm a white guy, I'll throw that outfit on and be Jake from State Farm.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Beach Bum

This is how and why identity politics destroys a country like America.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

Even the quality of that has slowly slid down. A bite size candy bar, are you effing kidding me? I have to litter my lap with 15 wrappers just to get the satisfaction I'd normally get with one normal candy bar and one wrapper. And the candy never just comes right out, it's always stuck to the wrapper. It's like these companies throw their hands up when this time rolls around. Get outta here with your 2" half a Kit Kat. 1" x 1" Baby Ruth. 6 hard candy corns in a 5" x 5" pack. MFers.

My ex always took the kids to the richest neighborhoods because those people hand out full size candy bars.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   
halloween has been a difficult holiday to approach for me. this year it feels different.maybe because you all helped by discussing about it and all. This morning I was thinking of Thanos. he met his little girl in that void type of thing and she asked 'did you do it?' and he said "yes" and she asked again "what did it cost?" and he said "everything". and he really sat there with a smile in the end and watched the sunset..or was it sunrise?

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Damla

Ones a Pagan festival and the other an Avengers movie.

Apart from the little souls dressing up as such, i really don't see the similarity to be honest, aside from the fictitious nature of both of course.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

and more, the name gamora sounds like something else.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   

My wee boy wants to be Groot this year does that count?

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

depends. groot comes in three sizes

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Well, he's only 5, so small i imagine, Baby Groot being his thing.

He's a teenage tree in the last iteration if memory serves.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I plan to just have a fire from the 31st until the next day
and stay up all night oot ma tights dancing around the fire !

wailing and sscreaming like a banshee to ward off those spirits!

yer naw takin me yon big foul beastie awa wae ye !

edit on 19-10-2018 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Zeta Reticuli

That's right. Only they can break their made up standards.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: loam

Samhain was never about costumes other than trying to look like the dead , so the spirits wouldnt harass you on Samhain

the complete bastardisation of Samhain by christianity and then by american tradition into a holiday where girls dress like sluts of every profession and men dress in super hero costumes , or everyone dresses as memes!

no tradition there at all !

To commemorate the event, Druids built huge sacred bonfires, where the people gathered to burn crops and animals as sacrifices to the Celtic deities. During the celebration, the Celts wore costumes, typically consisting of animal heads and skins, and attempted to tell each other’s fortunes.

So since my DNA is almost 70% Irish, should I have a gathering, make a bonfire, burn some crops and a couple animals to a Celtic deity, toss a dead animal head on and try to read fortunes?

I believe I'd rather just let my kids dress up as whatever they want to and go trick or treating. I don't think they'd be interested in what the Celts did on Halloween, especially my 12 year old, he loves animals.

Having said that, I do love Celtic origins and history, but I'm not cool with their All Hallows Eve celebrations.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

He made his color transition in the mid 80's I think, and by the end of the 80's he was a white boyeee.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Well that is entirely up to you , it makes no difference to me how you celebrate halloween or Samhain

but if you just want to celebrate "halloween" have at it in anyway you see fit so long as you have fun doing it!

I don't think there was a large amount of animal sacrifice as the animals were being brought in from the fields , it was mostly just offerings of food or otherwise to appease the ancestoral spirits and to ask for better harvests.

the whole idea of dressing like the dead so they dont steal you away into the netherworld still seems like a good idea , and is especially spooky for kids! rather than supporting the materialism of the film industry by buying all of their "super hero" costumes etc trust capitalism to ruin a normal celebration of the seasons changing!

Your DNA maybe irish but what is your blood alcohol content is that 70% alcohol ?
Im just jokin

aww the best when it comes though

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

See you are 70% Irish and dont care if others "appropriate" your cultural heritage !
because its a celebration and not a way to divide us but bring us together , even our beloved ones who have gone to the nether !

Hing is , do you really want to take the chance and piss of your ancestors by not celebrating it properly ?
total hunners ae ghosts just hingin aboot waiting for Samhain and the veil to thin to haunt ye for "cultural appropriatioN"

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
He made his color transition in the mid 80's I think, and by the end of the 80's he was a white boyeee.

I still want little MJ, the rest of us can be the other members of the Jacksons. DB can be Janet.

Shamone. Heehee.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

easiest costume ever , go as blankey and just put a blue towel over your head !

Looks like he changed his name to Bigi!

never knew that

edit on 19-10-2018 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
easiest costume ever , go as blankey and just put a blue towel over your head !

Can I hang myself from the balcony too?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join