It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looks like only white kids get to be Batman, Spiderman and Superman this year.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   
How about I not give a flyin' #, and go as what the hell ever I want??

Or not.

As the mood strikes me. I happen to think I make a wondrous princess.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

how much ghost or ghoul or gobblin blood do you have to have to dress up as any of those?
How much vampire blood because they dont have any at all.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure that there's something in the water.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

You would probably be right.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

Like you, we don't acknowledge the day. Look for candy sales afterwards. Reese's & Heath Bars are my fav. Your's?

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   
The fact that you lump us together in the same category as fictional characters shows how clueless you are about the subject. We are flesh and blood people. We are HUMAN; something that the U.S. government and most of it's citizens seem not to realize or even care about.

The government loves people like you. When something happens, when they're trying to trample our rights or otherwise complete the genocide they started you just stand back and say nothing. In fact you probably applaud it. The government wants us dehumanized because once their genocide is complete the land and resources are theirs.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
How about I not give a flyin' #, and go as what the hell ever I want??

Or not.

As the mood strikes me. I happen to think I make a wondrous princess.

Apparently you are in control of how other people feel.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

10 year olds like "Indians" and want to dress up as them on Halloween = RACIST!!!

When i was 10 I lived in as white as possible a town/city, land of "White Flight", and the highlight of my week often was being taken to this one spot on this nearby river where a bazillion ducks and canadien geese always were, to feed them bread and harvest their big feathers off the shore. So I could make my own "Indian" Head Dress. I was the most racist kid of all time, amirite? Diabolical!!

If anything kids dressing up as cowboys now that should have you all freaked out. So keep on pushing for this echo chamber effect on dress codes, holidays, etc, and watch a legion of cowboys descend onto your front porch demanding treats every Halloween. Down with the melting pot!!!

Or perhaps you start seeing the one silver lining to the tragedy of the conquering of the New World: that here in the US the melting pot manifested to show the world a beacon of tolerance and understanding that could have been unending. That is until PC came along to smash the melting pot to pieces via tribalist hyper-sensitivity.
edit on 18-10-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari
a reply to: GrandePoobah

Just imagine a country called America where we are all Americans first.

Then our ethnicity second.

That is what it is supposed to be like.

Let's get back to that please.

I make my own moccasins. I have made my own bow and arrows and have killed an elk and a few deer. I have a sweat lodge on my property. I am not Christian. I have a garden with medicine plants in it that I use for myself and my neighbors. If you drop me naked anywhere in the USA at any time of year I will not only survive, I will prosper.

I am an American.

My culture is secondary to that. My race is secondary to that.

Just STOP with the identity politics and let's get back to being the same people in a country.

Otherwise it will destroy this experiment we have called a Democratic Republic.

Dang, I want to be your neighbor! Would love learning about the medicine plant garden. Not a fan of hunting, though I do understand the ecology of it when it’s done for that reason and not sport.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday
So if you're not 1/1024 part of a culture, then you shouldn't be wearing a costume for it.

This issue of cultural appropriation is absolutely stupid. If it wasn't for people being willing to appropriate things and ideals from other cultures, we would still be living in caves asking our shadows on the wall for advice as to what to do next.

So I quoted myself so that this response could be understood (but not by me)

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Guyfriday

how much ghost or ghoul or gobblin blood do you have to have to dress up as any of those?
How much vampire blood because they dont have any at all.

Any of what? Were you responding to me, or weirdly being funny?

Though you do bring up an interesting thought; Does anyone else think it's odd that "cultural appropriation" only matters to modern styles of costuming? My busty Irish friend got called out for wearing a Black Panther costume (Marvel Comics style, not the cool 60's-70's radical group), but the black kid down the street who wants to be "Black-u-la" gets a high-five for sporting the cool outfit (it really is a great Bela Lugosi looking costume).

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Class and financial circumstance separate us far more than race.

The world does not care what colour you are as long as you have money in the bank.

End of the day we are all nothing more than indentured servants to the 1%ers really.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: GrandePoobah

its not an Anglo / English tradition its a celtic pagan tradition and the celebration of Samhain was stolen by the Christians and converted like everything they stole from paganism
the holy sites, the festivals , all to erase pagan beliefs in the british isles

edit on 19-10-2018 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Indeed mate culture is shared by humanity!

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

Samhain was never about costumes other than trying to look like the dead , so the spirits wouldnt harass you on Samhain

the complete bastardisation of Samhain by christianity and then by american tradition into a holiday where girls dress like sluts of every profession and men dress in super hero costumes , or everyone dresses as memes!

no tradition there at all !

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 06:48 AM
link   
just a question do you ever hear any pagans of Scottish / Irish decent claiming anyone is appropriating their ancestors cultural practices by celebrating Samhain ?

Or any pagans who celebrate Samhain at all , complain that everyone else is "appropriating" their cultural practice ?
Steeped in hundreds of years of tradition , longer than the US even existed

the answer is NAW dae ye #

What is even worse is that pagans hardly get any recognition from Government and their rights arent as protected as say christians etc !
the power of christ compels you to abandon all of your previously held beliefs and convert everything to christ
steal away all the holidays and beliefs in the old gods!

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

They did not so much steal away all the holiday, they simply appropriate them for there own purpose.

"They" being the Holy Roman Empire and church of St Peter.

They did, however, slaughter, massacre, burn and drown just about anyone and everyone that refused to convert to there way of thinking, take the Cathars for instance.
edit on 19-10-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
...where girls dress like sluts...

This is bad?

edit on 19-10-2018 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I'd heard about the Cathar massacre from Terence Mckenna , what a brutal story , sad indeed !

no need to kill them all , the cruel viscious bastard Arnuad Almaric that put them to the sword was no holy man or human for that matter !

such a senseless waste of life

"kill them all , god will know his own"

Albegensian Crusade

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: sapien82
...where girls dress like sluts...

This is bad?

Well depends on your own views!
In terms of the dulution of the meaning of Samhain yes, Id say its bad, in terms of sending an appropriate message to younger women on halloween , yes this is bad !

In terms of entertainment for men , well I will leave that with you!

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: weirdguy
Oh crap I was going as Michael Jackson this year.....

Early 80's MJ or early 90's MJ? It makes a difference. But, here's an interesting little tidbit when he was asked about his cheekbones, does it ring a bell?

In the unedited version of the documentary Living With Michael Jackson, which was shown in court in 2005, Jackson said he had two procedures on his nose so that he could breathe better. When he was asked about his cheeks, Jackson answered: "These cheekbones? No. My father has the same thing. We have Indian blood."

And obviously, he had cheekbone surgery, everyone knew that.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join