It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looks like only white kids get to be Batman, Spiderman and Superman this year.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I didnt understand. Somebody is telling kids what costume to wear and what not to wear?

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Dress up a white child as an American Cherokee Native maiden.

Then add a name tag, nicely done, with dollar signs around it.

The name tag should read ...

Senator Elizabeth Warren.

P

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 02:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Damla
I didnt understand. Somebody is telling kids what costume to wear and what not to wear?

In a nutshell, someone stupid tweeted something stupid, that triggered a reaction by other stupid people who got upset because someone stupid tweeted something stupid. I hope that cleared it all up for you.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

oww
that's something new

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 03:14 AM
link   
It happens every year someone wants to tell others how to live there life. My recommendation is simple doesnt matter what race or country did something first. Simply have fun and you will find that there is many things in other cultures you can enjoy. I love Italian food Jamaican music i like celebrating cinco de mayo. I believe thats the ultimate form of flattery including dressing up as an Indian or maybe a cowboy. Just whatever you do have fun you only get one go around so above all else have fun.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 03:20 AM
link   
First Nations here and like clock work, every year, we get white people trying to tell us what is offensive and what isn't. For the record, our culture is not for you to use for your enjoyment nor can you tell us what is offensive and what isn't.

Also try to stop telling us what is racist and what isn't because until you live our lives and the BS we go through, you have no say. Your one or two instances of "reverse racism" does not equate to the racism we deal with daily.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: weirdguy

depens, are you dressing as black MJ or white MJ ?

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 03:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: maddawg123
First Nations here and like clock work, every year, we get white people trying to tell us what is offensive and what isn't. For the record, our culture is not for you to use for your enjoyment nor can you tell us what is offensive and what isn't.

Also try to stop telling us what is racist and what isn't because until you live our lives and the BS we go through, you have no say. Your one or two instances of "reverse racism" does not equate to the racism we deal with daily.

Works both ways Sunshine, remember that when you are using all the white mans technology.
edit on 18-10-2018 by GrandePoobah because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: GrandePoobah

"hulu" rails against this " cultural appropriation" idiocy - with the tag "huluween"

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I might turn up to Huluween, whatever the hell that is, dressed as Black Jewish Hitler.

See how that goes.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 04:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: Nyiah

I'm waiting for a Halloween here in MI when the weather is warm enough

Never. You mean never!

The 50's man, that's all I'm asking for! Not freakin 19* like our first one up here ('14, damn cold Halloween that one, damn near had legit frostbite) or 30's/40's like the rest have been :/

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Hulu needs to retweet it in every known language so as to not discriminate against the English. It is English they used after all.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: szino9
a reply to: weirdguy

depens, are you dressing as black MJ or white MJ ?
. I dunno man I'm so confused now. I like that kid who dressed as a fart, I might just do that instead.
edit on 4America/Chicago17Thu, 18 Oct 2018 06:17:12 -050018600000018 by weirdguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I think that post was more about black face then spider man, just my opinion.

That being said I’ll painting my entire body white and be screaming WITNESS ME all night so what do I know .

edit on 18-10-2018 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Isn't the entire point of a costume to be something you're not? How can a costume be cultural appropriation?

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Looks like only white kids get to be Batman, Spiderman and Superman this year.

Bunch of racists!

3 straight guys.

2 'Muricans and an illegal alien.

1 billionaire.

1 smart guy,

1 that stood for truth,justice,and the American way, and was a real journalist.

Cultural appropriation?

If anyone has got a problem with that?

Then.

PFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I put a sign on my door that says "NO TICK OR TREAT - THANK YOU"

Then I can stay out of this mess that is other people thinking they have the right to dictate what folks wear. Long as yer bits aren't hanging out in public, no problem.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Best to just stay culturally neutral and dress up like a horseface.

😎

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
I put a sign on my door that says "NO TICK OR TREAT - THANK YOU"

Then I can stay out of this mess that is other people thinking they have the right to dictate what folks wear. Long as yer bits aren't hanging out in public, no problem.

Put an electric doormat out the front of your door, connected to the doorbell.

even better if it's raining.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   

So what would be culturally inappropriate considering the festivals Pagan origins? LoL

Some people are mad politically correct bawbags really.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join